Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2013, 13:29   #1
God Member

AccyWeb Player of The Season

Hi folks, that time of year again - I know we're still biting our nails till we're safe but i'm taking a leap of faith and launching the poll for Stanley's player of the season to be voted for by AccyWeb members.
The supporters club are going to be implementing their voting procedure for their award at Friday night's game Morecambe. Although unfortunately there is not going to be the traditional end of season 'do' this year, these awards will be presented to the winners in the clubhouse after the Oxford game on the 27th.
Just one award to be voted for in this poll - your overall player of the season, one vote per person please & voting will cease at midnight on Monday, 22nd April.
Accrington Web
Old 10-04-2013, 13:45   #2
Full Member+

Re: AccyWeb Player of The Season

Heads-up particularly to Lee Molyneux who has been a different class when he gets into a game, Ian Dunbavin who was brilliant when fit, as well as Armine Linganzi and Tom Aldred who have been revelations since they arrived. But for effort and ability over the whole season ...

Rommy Boco
KiTChener likes this.
Old 10-04-2013, 13:50   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Can't dispute whalley reds views, but i would say Boco without doubt, Have to say though if Dunbavin had not been injured n continued his form this season it would have been a very tough call.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 10-04-2013, 15:02   #4
Senior Member+

Moly has had a great second half to season,Boco had a great first half,but for consistency and most improved,in numerous positions i would opt for Murphy,who sums up what an Acci is all about,not the best player,but great team man.
Old 10-04-2013, 15:16   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Although unfortunately there is not going to be the traditional end of season 'do' this year

no?

ah well, unofficial one then!!
Old 10-04-2013, 16:00   #6
Senior Member+

Ian Dunbavin - without the points he stole for us against the run of play in the first few weeks, I reckon the position now would be hopeless.
Old 10-04-2013, 16:31   #7

share it ian dunbavin/peter murphy
Old 10-04-2013, 18:00   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymad View Post
hi folks, that time of year again - i know we're still biting our nails till we're safe but i'm taking a leap of faith and launching the poll for stanley's player of the season to be voted for by accyweb members.
The supporters club are going to be implementing their voting procedure for their award at friday night's game morecambe. Although unfortunately there is not going to be the traditional end of season 'do' this year, these awards will be presented to the winners in the clubhouse after the oxford game on the 27th.
Just one award to be voted for in this poll - your overall player of the season, one vote per person please & voting will cease at midnight on monday, 22nd april.
lee molylneux
Old 10-04-2013, 18:05   #9
Resting in Peace

Lee Molyneux. A class apart!
Old 10-04-2013, 18:17   #10
Senior Member+

I just don't know. Cases can be made for Armine Linganzi, playing when he knew his brother had died, Lee Molyneux for his goals towards the end of this season, Ian Dunbavin for his saves prior to getting injured, but for me (and I do hope the snake does not come a calling for him) Romauld Boco - he deserves all the plaudits for busting a gut for Stanley on a number of occasions. Just seems that whoever gets player of the year leaves the following season.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 10-04-2013, 18:54   #11
Full Member+

Lee molyneux for me
Old 10-04-2013, 19:07   #12
God Member

For me for the number of games played, the differing positions played and never giving up the fight it has to be Peter Murphy.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Old 10-04-2013, 19:28   #13

For the effort every game Rommy Boco for me
Old 10-04-2013, 19:43   #14

Boco shades it for me, only slightly in front of Moly & Bavs.

Hang on, I'm only supposed to have one vote!

Can we split mine three ways?
Old 10-04-2013, 20:26   #15
God Member

I'd go for Moly, I appreciate what Murph has done for the club, but Moly's goals and assists have given us the impetus to spur on, in the run-in.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..