Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Greeny

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2013, 09:24   #1

Admission prices for remaining home games - MAKE IT A FIVER

Why doesn't the club run the £5 deal for the rest of the season? If we can get 2149 on a bitterly cold Tuesday night, surely even bigger attendances can be achieved on a bank holiday, local derby against Morecambe and the last game of the season in a potential must win game for survival?

I know the club may take a financial hit if it backfires and the increased attendance doesn't cover the cost, but:

- The financial cost of relegation is massive - the club should pull out all the stops and do ANYTHING to pull in a big gate

- The atmosphere on Tuesday night was cracking, best it has been all season. The lads certainly responded, especially in the last 20 mins, to the crowd urging them on when protecting our well deserved lead.

- We know other teams don't like coming to Accy anyway, the ground isn't your normal league 2 stadium, the facilities aren't fantastic, the exposure to the crap weather, an extra 1000+ on the gate getting behind the reds can only make it a more unpleasant experience for the opposition.

I know the club reads this forum, and they do respond to the fans (getting rid of the music recently etc.). MAKE IT A FIVER.

On a slightly different note.... is that cardboard box thing seriously the new club mascot?
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2013, 09:31   #2

Re: Admission prices for remaining home games - MAKE IT A FIVER

A possible reason for not doing it is that you would need 3 times the attendance just to make the same money. 1000 @ £15 = £15000 but 2000 @ £5 = £10000. I doubt that anything extra would be made re catering as I think it is a flat rate franchise.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 09:37   #3
Full Member+

I know where you are coming from but at the end of the day the club needs to make ends meet at the very least. A local derby on a bank holiday should be a good gate anyway , if fans do not attend that , they won't be attending anyway.I agree there was a brill atmosphere , but remember Ilyas paid the wages this month as ends did not meet.
cashman likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 10:08   #4
God Member

I agree, there are only three games left at home and it is likely going to be essential that we get something from at least two of them. Fill the ground, reap the benefits.

There will be a loss incurred but they'll have to find a way of making some of that back, promote the beer huts, get some merchandise on sale inside the ground. Now would be a good time to real hit it in time for releasing details of the new season ticket prices
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 10:33   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Why doesn't the club run the £5 deal for the rest of the season? If we can get 2149 on a bitterly cold Tuesday night, surely even bigger attendances can be achieved on a bank holiday, local derby against Morecambe and the last game of the season in a potential must win game for survival?

I know the club may take a financial hit if it backfires and the increased attendance doesn't cover the cost, but:

- The financial cost of relegation is massive - the club should pull out all the stops and do ANYTHING to pull in a big gate

- The atmosphere on Tuesday night was cracking, best it has been all season. The lads certainly responded, especially in the last 20 mins, to the crowd urging them on when protecting our well deserved lead.

- We know other teams don't like coming to Accy anyway, the ground isn't your normal league 2 stadium, the facilities aren't fantastic, the exposure to the crap weather, an extra 1000+ on the gate getting behind the reds can only make it a more unpleasant experience for the opposition.

I know the club reads this forum, and they do respond to the fans (getting rid of the music recently etc.). MAKE IT A FIVER.

On a slightly different note.... is that cardboard box thing seriously the new club mascot?

He's still around folks !..and is of the opinion that the image presented by the current 'Mascot Masquerade' reveals an extremely 'Level-Headed' appreciation by THE BOARD of what was needed to inflame the enthusiasm of everyone at The Store First Stadium !!, as the old Cock which he/she has replaced always appeared to have lost whatever Crow he might have had in the first place !!.
'Boxing clever' is how AE described it as I swallowed this morning's medication !.

Last edited by yonmon; 23-03-2013 at 10:36.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..