Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2011, 19:28   #31
Senior Member+

Re: AFC Wimbledon Match Thread...............

glad to hear stephens ok,back to the game,one pleasing aspect was the number of people we got into the box when attacking,the only downside being Hesseys booking,think thats 5 and a one match ban,he has been awesome last few games and he was fuming when the card came out.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-12-2011, 20:59   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
glad to hear stephens ok,back to the game,one pleasing aspect was the number of people we got into the box when attacking,the only downside being Hesseys booking,think thats 5 and a one match ban,he has been awesome last few games and he was fuming when the card came out.
Not sure; he got sent off at Plymouth, and this is his 5th booking apart from that, but the first was against Carlisle in the Carling, so may not count . He certainly isn't shown on the FA website as banned, although Sammy Moore from the Wombles (booked against us) and Lee Mansell (Torquay skipper booked on Friday night) both are .......... Could be the Carling doesn't count?
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:50   #33
Senior Member+

Match highlights here.............

BBC Sport - Highlights - AFC Wimbledon 0-2 Accrington Stanley
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:13   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

cheers smudge had to miss em on telly this week.
Old 13-12-2011, 12:20   #35
God Member

Quote:
Got back to what we did well last season, press the ball all over the field. Got the ball down and played with it....attacked with three forwards and they couldn't cope in the first half with our movement .
...Hughes,Jyce and long stood out for me,as a team we looked sharp and full of energy ...
Spot on summary.
Hughes was superb, and with a bit of shooting practice it could have been more than two goals. Not only were there three up front, but they were also using the full width of the pitch. Great performance all round.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 20:24   #36
Resting in Peace

Pod and Craig are both in the FL div2 team of the week. Well done, lads!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 11:50   #37
Senior Member+

I think Hessey has a one game ban,so out on saturday.
Move Dean to CB and bring in murph or coidy OR replace with young bender??.
Any other ideas,Proccy dropping back maybe?,got a few options for a change
Old 14-12-2011, 13:06   #38
Senior Member+

He waasn't on the list as at the weekend, but he is now .............
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 17:23   #39
Senior Member+

I think young Tom is class.

Really hope he gets a look in, cant be happy spending every game on the bench, at best.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 17:24   #40
God Member

Smile Re: AFC Wimbledon Match Thread...............

Quote:
I think Hessey has a one game ban,so out on saturday.
Move Dean to CB and bring in murph or coidy OR replace with young bender??.
Any other ideas,Proccy dropping back maybe?,got a few options for a change
Any of these, except.... Would be nice to see Coid play for once!! Deano at CB is a winner for me every time!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 18:00   #41
Senior Member+

Smudgie,you know I am all for giving youth a chance,but in league 2,I would play young bender at fullback to build up his experience ,think he's left footed,so he would have to dislodge macintyre ,who's on fire at the moment.I have no doubt he will shine when his chance comes,been told he's got a great attitude ,which is half the battle .
Old 14-12-2011, 19:07   #42
God Member

I'd advocate Bender as a like-for-like replacement for Hess. However I think, realistically, we'll see Murph at full back with Deano in the middle with Big Kev.

I've got to the point now though where I don't have to look at the team sheet. The squad are strong enough now where I know they'll all do a job, which is a very positive thing.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 20:52   #43
Senior Member+

Have too agree with you there shaker,slowly over the last few months competition for places has increased,and people with the shirt have to perform as the lads in the wings are equally as good.
The only position that were a bit short on cover is the big centre back(longy),as the alternatives are more sweepers than similar to him.
Think we may have gone up last season if longy would have been 12 months older and in the team,really do rate him.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..