Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2014, 14:09   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Afc Wimbledon Match Thread.

Is there any text coverage today?
Old 13-09-2014, 14:09   #17

text com link anyone ?
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 14:31   #18
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Stanley are bossing the game at the mo. Cracking game
Old 13-09-2014, 14:32   #19

found the link via the 'team' tab on the home page.
Old 13-09-2014, 14:35   #20
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

JC n JB are here!!
DAV007 likes this.
Old 13-09-2014, 16:05   #21
Senior Member+

Well well well. Late goals going our way two weeks running - and a clean sheet against Akinfenwa (aka y..f..b..) and Tubbs!
Old 13-09-2014, 16:09   #22
Senior Member+

Missed the game today ( sorry yonmon !),but had a prior engagement on the golf course in Spain !!!
No doubt others will fill is in on our performance,but just one for redraine ---- clean sheet !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 16:27   #23
Senior Member+

Well I for one thoroughly enjoyed the game. Defensively we were solid with Buxton being the man of the match (for me anyway). Hunt back to where he likes to be, midfield fairly solid and Carver and Gray up front excellent. $ minutes to go and Stephenson was subbing Gray with Hatfield, except James decided that now was a good time to score. Akinfenwa and Tubbs looked out of sorts and were not a great threat and I thought the Wombles were a little too physical. At least we got the decisions this week. Meeting JC and JB after the match, coincidence, I do wonder, but for my money I think this would be a backwards step. I know they both have Stanley blood in their veins, but personally, lets see how Stephenson does over the next month. Maybe get Nicky Hunt as a apprentice trainer for the team.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 16:33   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Well I for one thoroughly enjoyed the game. Defensively we were solid with Buxton being the man of the match (for me anyway). Hunt back to where he likes to be, midfield fairly solid and Carver and Gray up front excellent. $ minutes to go and Stephenson was subbing Gray with Hatfield, except James decided that now was a good time to score. Akinfenwa and Tubbs looked out of sorts and were not a great threat and I thought the Wombles were a little too physical. At least we got the decisions this week. Meeting JC and JB after the match, coincidence, I do wonder, but for my money I think this would be a backwards step. I know they both have Stanley blood in their veins, but personally, lets see how Stephenson does over the next month. Maybe get Nicky Hunt as a apprentice trainer for the team.
Agree with all the above ,but for me Joycey has struggled the last 4 games and I'd like to see young Josh starting, for me he's the real deal.Proccy's doing well and should be up to full match fitness in a couple of weeks.P.S. the young keeper deserves a mention covered his box well and did what he had to do.
Outback Ozzy and Preston Red like this.

Last edited by Chubbyman; 13-09-2014 at 16:43.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 16:47   #25

Lumley with a cracking save towards the end - just as important as the goal IMO
Outback Ozzy likes this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 17:23   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Missed the game today ( sorry yonmon !),but had a prior engagement on the golf course in Spain !!!
No doubt others will fill is in on our performance,but just one for redraine ---- clean sheet !!
Clean sheet, yes, but if Matt Tubbs had brought his shooting boots it might have been another story. Not that we didn't deserve the win, as it was a great, old fashioned, battling Stanley performance. In the first half I thought we didn't quite click in attack with too many over-hit balls, especially corners which frustratingly flew over every attackers heads. Proccy was otherwise engaged in trying to keep Akinfenwa quiet, but in the second half he left it to Atkinson and Aldred. Proccy could then take up more advanced positions which made a big difference and we looked very aggressive in attack. What can you say about Buxton? Is he a tiger, a rhino, or a lion, or all 3 rolled into one. I never really fancied him at left back - until today! Well done, Paul for getting them fired up.
AccyMad likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 17:36   #27
Senior Member+

Redraine, keep a clean sheet and you only have to bury one chance for 3 points !!!, bin told proccy did a job on Big Aki, just what the doctor ordered !!
AccyMad likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 17:38   #28

I thought Buxton was really good today, definitely Man of the Match, I also thought the team put in a lot of effort & certainly deserved the win. I too would give Stephenson a go, the players certainly seem to want to play for him & hopefully confidence starting to build with 2 home wins out of 2!
AccyMad likes this.
Preston Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 17:43   #29
Senior Member+

A good win in a game that could have went either way, a solid performance from the team, with a special mention for young Carver his recent performances must have cemented his place in the starting line-ups
AccyMad likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 18:43   #30

thanks for the reports lads - looking forward to my first viewing of the season at Oxford on Tues night ( and another 3 points hopefully ). Disconcerted that the JC/JB duo are sniffing around before Beatt's chair is cold. Don't know anything about Mr Stephenson or his ambitions but surely deserves a crack if players support him. Might be wearing 'Alan jnr' on back of my Stanley shirt at Oxford - don't be shy to say 'owdo if you spot me.
yerself and Chubbyman like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..