Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2014, 19:10   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Afc Wimbledon Match Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
thanks for the reports lads - looking forward to my first viewing of the season at Oxford on Tues night ( and another 3 points hopefully ). Disconcerted that the JC/JB duo are sniffing around before Beatt's chair is cold. Don't know anything about Mr Stephenson or his ambitions but surely deserves a crack if players support him. Might be wearing 'Alan jnr' on back of my Stanley shirt at Oxford - don't be shy to say 'owdo if you spot me.
See you there LongLost
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-09-2014, 19:44   #32
Senior Member+

DAV....hello..hello..DAV...DAV...DAV007...hello..H ello..HELLO..has anyone heard from DAV?Maybe he's still in the Directors lounge with JC & JB...DAV...DAV...DAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV...STANLEY WON !!!!!!!!!!!!!
AccyMad likes this.
Old 13-09-2014, 19:56   #33
Senior Member+

If Jc and Jb are appointed are you still going to be a traitor?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 19:58   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
If Jc and Jb are appointed are you still going to be a traitor?
Old 13-09-2014, 20:04   #35
Senior Member+

A traitor, a part time fan, and to top it all off, childish antics on a fans forum.

Real Stanley fans put the club, staff and players ahead of their personal vendettas based on rumour, especially false rumours that they are not prepared to say in public.

Please get behind the club.
Old 13-09-2014, 20:59   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Real Stanley fans put the club, staff and players ahead of their personal vendettas
I can only repeat what was said here a few days ago. Pot ..... kettle ..... black.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 21:08   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
A traitor, a part time fan, and to top it all off, childish antics on a fans forum.

Real Stanley fans put the club, staff and players ahead of their personal vendettas based on rumour, especially false rumours that they are not prepared to say in public.

Do you ever actually go to a match? If not i'll take you to Oxford on Tuesday.Just PM and we'll make arrangements....No Cashy i'm not going to leave him down there.
Old 13-09-2014, 21:40   #38
Senior Member+

There they go a bloody gain .....
sparkie, SamF, Kiwi John and 1 others like this.
Old 13-09-2014, 22:07   #39
Senior Member+

ian ray knows the truth.
He is another victim of the accy web bully boys.
Old 13-09-2014, 22:08   #40
Senior Member+

they showed the goal on sky sports news,

A great finish from Gray, he showed real composure.
Old 13-09-2014, 22:32   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Missed the game today ( sorry yonmon !),but had a prior engagement on the golf course in Spain !!!
No doubt others will fill is in on our performance,but just one for redraine ---- clean sheet !!
4 Drives....2 Chips........4 Putts......down the channels ?...did it work out I wonder ?.

But you missed another gutsy and tactically sound performance this afternoon 19...a special word of admiration should go to Joe Lumley who, if his technique and reading of the game is anything to go by, has been well coached by QPR's senior Goalkeepers, and his reflex saves certainly contributed to the win !....Like my assessment of Marcus Bettinelli, I reckon Joe can go to the top given the right handling and opportunities.
football19 likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 22:57   #42
God Member

Quote:

Again, 3 words - pot, kettle, black!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 00:15   #43
Full Member+

Gutsy performance today by the reds from the kick off. Whatever or who ever galvanised the team today, I say more of it. MOM for me has to be Buxton with Carver not far behind. The back four were exceptional today along with young keeper and Proccy is gonna get stronger and add bite to midfield. If Stevenson can keep the team playing as they did today with resilience and determination then give him a chance over a set number of games as we did with Leam. If , as mab says, JC and JB were here, ( pix Kippax please) then ask em if they enjoyed the game and call a taxi
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 07:16   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
4 Drives....2 Chips........4 Putts......down the channels ?...did it work out I wonder ?.

But you missed another gutsy and tactically sound performance this afternoon 19...a special word of admiration should go to Joe Lumley who, if his technique and reading of the game is anything to go by, has been well coached by QPR's senior Goalkeepers, and his reflex saves certainly contributed to the win !....Like my assessment of Marcus Bettinelli, I reckon Joe can go to the top given the right handling and opportunities.
I adopted the acci golf principle,hit it as far as I could and hope I got a result !!!
yonmon likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 09:18   #45
God Member

It's hard to sit down and assess this game analytically because of how much emotion was involved; it was almost like a cup game.

As usual we had a bright first half but passing around the penalty box was poor and as such created little. The Dons stepped it up in the second half and camped out in our half for far too long. In the end they made more chances than us but because we stuck to our game plan, Akinfenwa didn't get a sniff (well done Andy Procter) and we were fortunate that Tubbs left his shooting boots down south.

For once we're not left looking at the flanks in anger as Wimbledon tried to go long and central to Bayo time and time again, getting no change. Any time they did go wide, Adam Buxton mopped up and because he wasn't put under enough pressure, had the time to use his skill on the ball to get us out of any tricky spots. Going forward, Buxton barraged through from full-back to the edge of the area numerous times, only for no forward movement to make use of his position. Finally, as with the goal, James Gray correctly worked the channels and gave an outlet for the swashbuckling Buxton. It really was a quality performance and I hope we can use his ability to make assists to the full (that's two games on the trot now - look out Leighton Baines). Having Procter as another defensive cover option in midfield finally gives us licence to get Adam forward without leaving gaping holes at the back.

Equally impressed with Marcus Carver who refused to be bullied and ran their pub team hard men centre halves into the ground.

The final moments were difficult to watch as we were too nervous to keep our high line, which we should have done, instead slipping deeper with each Wimbledon wave. This called the fabulous Joanna Lumley into action and he responded admirably.

A tough day for the players but they coped and performed well.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..