Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2015, 20:41   #16
Senior Member+

Re: AFC Wimbledon Match Thread.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Atkinson has been our best defender all season you clown.
Not sure about best....he's definitely had some awesome performances...but so has Hunty who's so calm at right back and well underestimated,he's so cool with his professional fouls most refs miss them,Toms usually all out Rambo and Lidds and Deano have put in many spot on performances,all in all a good defence but if the midfield aren't on the ball they get put under a lot of pressure.So leave Rob alone DAV if you want someone to pick on who's under performing have a go at Coley !!!
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-01-2015, 20:42   #17
Senior Member+

frankmoody,

gray has had his chance and is not good enough.
Carver or Bowerman are better at starting a game than Gray who makes more of an impact against tiring defenders.
Chubbyman likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 20:43   #18
Senior Member+

Chubby I agree.

While Proctor is far better than Hunt in midfield (what was battie thinking!), Proctor has let the back 4 down.
Old 18-01-2015, 20:48   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Chubby I agree.

While Proctor is far better than Hunt in midfield (what was battie thinking!), Proctor has let the back 4 down.
Are you sober "what was Battie thinking!" Nora's dead DAV !!!
Old 18-01-2015, 20:49   #20

Quote:
frankmoody,

gray has had his chance and is not good enough.
Carver or Bowerman are better at starting a game than Gray who makes more of an impact against tiring defenders.
Any facts to back that up? Thought not. To even suggest Bowerman is worth a place in the starting 11 is ridiculous.

Look at the stats
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 20:59   #21
Senior Member+

and to say that Gray is worthy of a 1st team start is ridiculous.

check the stats dear
Old 18-01-2015, 21:08   #22

Quote:

check the stats dear
Stats can tell you anything you want. You still haven't answered how many games you have been to this season so that we can judge the value of your opinions. Or are they based on stats?
cashman likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 21:40   #23
Senior Member+

clearly the ammount of games you attend = what opinion your allowed to have.

how pathetic.
Old 18-01-2015, 21:53   #24

Quote:

how pathetic.
No it shows that you have actually seen us play and can give a valid opinion. The only thing pathetic is your evasiveness.

I would agree with you if we are talking about the premiership with it's wall to wall coverage but to base an opinion on stats and a minute of coverage on tv is worthless compare to people who have actually watched the games.

So what's the answer?
cashman likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 00:39   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:

how pathetic.
No, not pathetic. It's quite a good guide, to be honest. It prevents a sweeping judgement being made on the basis of one performance which may in reality be an off day for the player. He may have been unwell during the week, he may be carrying a slight injury for one game, he may be trying to do the work of two players because someone else is playing out of position. But if you have seen that player in 10 or 12 games against varying opponents, you will be able to have a more informed opinion.

So, DAV, we ask again. What informs your opinions?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 12:14   #26
God Member

Quote:
check the stats dear
I accept Mr.Gray is still learning his trade and has his faults but, once again, I presume you simply choose to ignore any FACT that contradicts your pronouncements - despite being sidelined for some time, he remains joint top scorer!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 12:41   #27
Senior Member+

Everyone has opinions about centre back pairings,but its difficult for me to comment.
The facts are when Tom and Dean were paired together,they played a major part in keeping Acci in the league, for Leam and Beattie.
In games together they averaged 1.7 points per game,not bad !!
Pretty sure Coley wont pair them(for some reason),but i respect that as its his call.
I am old school and prefer a quick sweeper and tough centre back,were Coley (presumably) prefers two centre backs and fullbacks to cover/sweep.
Going back to the Wimbledon game,i know people on here have kicked up a fuss on here about playing people out of position,but i would give Buxton a run of games in the three.
The lad can play,has a good shot and a nice chop/change of direction which would open up the opposition.(same goes for Windass as well )
Defensively hes a lot to learn,so his positioning play wont be an issue in the three.
See you all at Wimbledon !!!
cashman, DAV007 and Chubbyman like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 13:12   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Everyone has opinions about centre back pairings,but its difficult for me to comment.
The facts are when Tom and Dean were paired together,they played a major part in keeping Acci in the league, for Leam and Beattie.
In games together they averaged 1.7 points per game,not bad !!
Pretty sure Coley wont pair them(for some reason),but i respect that as its his call.
I am old school and prefer a quick sweeper and tough centre back,were Coley (presumably) prefers two centre backs and fullbacks to cover/sweep.
Going back to the Wimbledon game,i know people on here have kicked up a fuss on here about playing people out of position,but i would give Buxton a run of games in the three.
The lad can play,has a good shot and a nice chop/change of direction which would open up the opposition.(same goes for Windass as well )
Defensively hes a lot to learn,so his positioning play wont be an issue in the three.
See you all at Wimbledon !!!
Agree 100% F19
Old 19-01-2015, 16:22   #29
Senior Member+

I think we can judge how many games Dav has been to. Exactly none, zero, zilch. He is skirting the question with more body swerves than any of our strikers. I too am of the opinion that Rob Atkinson is one of our better defenders/centre backs. I too would also give Carver his chance up front with Piero and Windass feeding him from either wing.
P.S. Dav before you ask me how many games I have been too, All the home matches except those over Christmas/New Year due to being down under, and some away as well, so that is how I have come to my opinion!
smudgie and cashman like this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 23:11   #30
Senior Member+

This thread is rapidly becoming a facsimile of the almost defunct Team for Tranmere thread which , as many before it got round to being a repository for personal jibes and inappropriate posts !.
So if it has to run for another seven days at least I hope that it does stick to Stanley v AFC Wimbledon rather than DAV007 v the rest of the world !...That way those of us with a bit of sanity left might find something of interest in it !.
Oldgobbin, sparkie and Redraine like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..