Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2013, 21:38   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: Aldershot match thead

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Barcelona (not a bad team),utilise what they call the ten second rule.This is similar to what your saying macca,on the odd occasion they lose possession,at least six players chase and close down the opposition/ball for ten seconds.
If they don't regain possession (which is rare!),they drop back into there defensive formation.
Same as what Swansea do - see, I'm not quite the dinosaur you think I am.
You can keep your "modern game", though, with all the cheating, diving, preening and pathetic Twitter posting going on. Maybe I should be banned to the Rochdale Fans Forum where they are all disillusioned by Coley and Jimmy's behaviour on the touchline and the cheating regime they are accused of encouraging, with a certain Mr Grant allegedly to the fore:-
FansNetwork/RochdaleAFC.com - Forum | I bloody hate this lot !! by TalkingSutty
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-01-2013, 22:22   #62
God Member

seems like Coleys getting a hard time again.

What price for Knill back to Rochdale, Coley back to Accy and a repeat of the 2010/11 season for both clubs next season?
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 21:33   #63
Senior Member+

Got to agree with Exile on Spencer Street about wingers getting behind full backs...I have said on a variety of threads for months that this is what we need. Wingers who can beat their opposing full backs.....get to the goal line close in to the near post.....then pull the ball back towards the penalty spot for players to run on to.
This neutralises the keeper and big centre backs in the opposing defence. We did it really succesfully a few years ago with the likes of Dean Calcutt, Rory Prendergast and Russ Payne then also Gary Roberts and more recently with Bobby Grant. At the moment we don't have players who try to beat the full back in this way, apart from Rommy and Moly. However, most of our attacks are very predictable and yes...we do not exploit Beatties talent in the box. Podge would certainly do better with this tactic, rather than having him chase hopeful balls out towards the corner flags as he has had to do recently.
Get more ball to Rommy and the likes of Moly, wide down the wings, in order to take the full backs on the outside as well as occasionally on their inside to shoot.
....Aren't we on the terraces all brilliant tactical managers though eh??!!

Last edited by choirboy; 16-01-2013 at 21:36.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 21:44   #64
Senior Member+

Saturday was a bad loss to a poor team. We didn't look bad for about 10 minutes after half-time, but momentum petered out when we failed to beat the first defender from corners 3 times in 2 minutes.

I thought Beattie won a lot of first touches from the hoofball tactic, but there was no-one anywhere near picking up the flick-ons. He also got the one vaguely hopeful attempt on goal from a Moly cross latish on. But his overall contribution dropped off from about 70 mins on.

Dixon and Carver added a bit of freshness and Dixon even posed a bit of a threat occasionally, but a point looked out of reach well before the second goal went in.

We have a slump like this every season - this one needs to stop pretty soon. After Chesterfield I thought we might be pretty safe by the end of January - shows what I know!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..