Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 7 Post By Gas
  • 2 Post By Exile on Spencer St
  • 5 Post By Monsieurgrumpy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2016, 19:24   #1
Gas

All The Best

Bristol Rovers fan here, just want to wish you all the best in the playoffs and congratulate you on what has been a brilliant season so far. We know all too well about heartache on the final day.

Not sure I want you to go up, because you always seem to beat us, but I'll firmly get behind you if you want to be kind and give us 6 points next season.

Joking aside, I'll be supporting you as will most of the country as despite finishing fourth, you're still the underdog.

Good luck
Gas is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-05-2016, 20:08   #2
Full Member+

Re: All The Best

Ok, thanks and best wishes. I can't put a smiley up as i don't feel like smiling much.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 21:59   #3
God Member

Ditto
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:24   #4
God Member

Thanks, Gas, and well done to you.
Must secure promotion of only to have another chance to eat some of those pasties you sell.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 20:49   #5

Oxford fan here who has just joined your forum to share thoughts. I left The Kassam on Saturday thinking you folks had joined us in promotion and was saddened a bit to hear that Rovers had pipped you at the post. Football can be a cruel game! I can imagine how you must be feeling as it is only a decade ago we plummeted out of the league after losing our last game against Leyton Orient. But you guys can hold your heads high. What you have achieved this season on a little budget is nothing short of miraculous. And playing attractive football too. As far as I am concerned, Coleman is the manager of the year, and that includes Ranieri.

I went up to Accrington when we played you earlier in the season, and thought it was a great game, a wonderful advert for League 2 football. I had a great time in your little town, drinking in Grants, the Big Clock tap house, where the beer was excellent and the locals friendly, witty and welcoming.

Even though we were competing head to head, I felt for you when you were robbed of a deserving winning goal by a bizarre referring decision at Wimbledon. At Oxford, you beat us fairly with a weakened team and ten men on the field when the winner went in.

Like the Bristol Rovers fan who started this thread, I shall be rooting for you in the play offs and really hope we will be playing you again in the league next season.
Monsieurgrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:32   #6

As a north end fan , all the best on Saturday , will be willing you on to a Wembley final . I go on a few times when north end ain't at home and class Stanley as my second team . Which is the best pub in town for atmos this Saturday
trucker white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:47   #7
God Member

I'd imagine the Crown would be your best bet
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:43   #8

Cheers for that
trucker white is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..