Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2005, 16:06   #31

Re: alty haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unemployed Coalminer
Because Adam Cottier said he was laughing during it. Apart from that all the Accy fans respected totally.

Mate, i've read your posts on confguide etc and all over the place. You talk such drivel. I wasn't laughing out loud for god's sake. But the streamers were very funny indeed.

KINDLY TAKE YOURSELF BACK DOWN THE COALMINE AND REMEMER TO BURY YOURSELF YOU SUTTED FOOL!!!!!
Old 17-08-2005, 16:15   #32
Resting in Peace

maybe if the collection of the streamers had been left till after the minute silence there wouldn't be this bad feeling in the thread.

was not at game so only gleaming info from this thread.

heard some of the reports on radio lancs and thought it would end as a 0-0 but as i was working didn't know score till i logged-on at 0735.

lets hope things settle with mid-field and then team can push forward a bit more
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 16:57   #33
God Member

What Bad feelings?

We all know cotty is an ARSE

Last edited by John_Timmins; 17-08-2005 at 16:59.
John_Timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 17:15   #34
God Member

I was wondering that.. apart from cottier saying what he did theres no bad feelings.. the minutes silence was impecable..
Old 17-08-2005, 18:35   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Cottier
Mate, i've read your posts on confguide etc and all over the place. You talk such drivel. I wasn't laughing out loud for god's sake. But the streamers were very funny indeed.

KINDLY TAKE YOURSELF BACK DOWN THE COALMINE AND REMEMER TO BURY YOURSELF YOU SUTTED FOOL!!!!!
I don't post on configuide and I don't go down the mines anymore due to being an unemployed coalminer. Streamers funny? Why?

By the way this is my last posting on the Accy forum regarding the Alty game. Time to start winding up the FGR fans if their are any.
Unemployed Coalminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 20:42   #36
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ber999T
maybe if the collection of the streamers had been left till after the minute silence there wouldn't be this bad feeling in the thread.

was not at game so only gleaming info from this thread.

heard some of the reports on radio lancs and thought it would end as a 0-0 but as i was working didn't know score till i logged-on at 0735.

lets hope things settle with mid-field and then team can push forward a bit more
You're right.

That's exactly the point . The willing-but-inept team of clearer-uppers should have adopted stationary positions for that short silence , especially as (I understand) it was in acknowledgment of the passing of a much respected Altrincham supporter .

The silence was kept impeccably by both sets of supporters , but - as Adam Cottier suggests - there was enormous comedy potential in the antics of the "helpers" on the pitch , and the temptation to chuckle was almost irresistible .

Don't find fault with people , please . Just recognise that humour raises its head spontaneously at the least convenient moments !
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 20:55   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Morton
You're right.

That's exactly the point . The willing-but-inept team of clearer-uppers should have adopted stationary positions for that short silence , especially as (I understand) it was in acknowledgment of the passing of a much respected Altrincham supporter .

The silence was kept impeccably by both sets of supporters , but - as Adam Cottier suggests - there was enormous comedy potential in the antics of the "helpers" on the pitch , and the temptation to chuckle was almost irresistible .

Don't find fault with people , please . Just recognise that humour raises its head spontaneously at the least convenient moments !
Minutes silence was for Neil Thomason, the Alty youth team coach who died suddenly during the close season. The willing helpers were the team of ball-boys who had been lined up at the side of the pitch as the two teams came out of the changing rooms. With hindsight it might have been better to send them onto the pitch after the minutes silence. With even more hindsight it might have been better for the Accrington fans to have been allowed onto the pitch to clear up the mess themselves. I actually thought throwing missiles onto the pitch was a chucking out offence. You will I suppose think i'm having a total sense of humour failure here, but I really don't see what is so funny about chucking a load of paper on to the pitch and holding up the start of the game.
Old 17-08-2005, 21:01   #38
God Member

Throwing things onto the pitch.. taking pictures... going onto the pitch.. all illegal when theres a game being played... bit stupid for it to be a law when theres no game on eh?

You are having a sense of humour failure.. the guy in charge of cleaning up was having a laugh... didnt bother him at all.... just you cyber warriors getting upset thats all..
Old 17-08-2005, 21:03   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Throwing things onto the pitch.. taking pictures... going onto the pitch.. all illegal when theres a game being played... bit stupid for it to be a law when theres no game on eh?

You are having a sense of humour failure.. the guy in charge of cleaning up was having a laugh... didnt bother him at all.... just you cyber warriors getting upset thats all..
Come on then. Explain exactly why it was so funny.
Old 17-08-2005, 21:04   #40
Senior Member+

Doh wheres your sense of humour?

Seriously, I remember years ago Alty fans thinking it funny to throw a Yellow Pages ripped up all over the Clayton End & the pitch, was paper not funny then when Alty fans did it!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 21:09   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller
Doh wheres your sense of humour?

Seriously, I remember years ago Alty fans thinking it funny to throw a Yellow Pages ripped up all over the Clayton End & the pitch, was paper not funny then when Alty fans did it!
Safer than throwing a whole one.
Old 17-08-2005, 21:13   #42
God Member

They where till rolls....You should be worrying about the poor buggers who are spending all week rolling them back up again for use in your club shop
Old 17-08-2005, 21:26   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Come on then. Explain exactly why it was so funny.
Well, if you laughed then it was funny.......and if you didn't then you are a specky mong

Childish, I know..... sorry

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 21:35   #44
I am Banned

Quote:
Minutes silence was for Neil Thomason, the Alty youth team coach who died suddenly during the close season.
Thank you for explaining that . We couldn't really hear announcements properly from our position. I now understand how difficult it must have been for you

On behalf of the Official Accrington Stanley Supporters' Club I hope that you'll accept our belated but sincere condolences on your very sad loss .

It must have been a terrible shock to lose such a valuable member of your management team .
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 21:42   #45

Wink Re: alty haha

Childish yes but absolute quality at the same time Jase!! Not heard that since the playground - a bit like one of my favourites - BELLLLMMM (whilst stickin ya tongue into ya lower lip).

Sooted Fool - I like that too

And even the sooted fool himself made me laugh when he said he was off to wind up FGR fans. See ya again towards the back end of Jan no doubt

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..