Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2020, 09:05   #1
Senior Member+

Aministration

Where is money come in from “We heard weeks ago where the Premier League said: ‘we will donate £125m to the EFL and National League.’ But what has happened? They have had meeting after meeting.
if no money is forth coming from the EPL I can see many clubs going into administration, I did read on Andy Holts twitter he is looking to separate the club from the stadium as protection if the club is forced into administration, hope some help comes quickly but its very worrying
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-05-2020, 10:55   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Aministration

BBC Sport covered that yesterday https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52590065

I don't pretend to understand the logic of how such a separation protects either the club or the ground , but given past performance I am prepared to assume AH knows what he's doing
MikeA and cashman like this.
Old 09-05-2020, 11:08   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Where is money come in from “We heard weeks ago where the Premier League said: ‘we will donate £125m to the EFL and National League.’ But what has happened? They have had meeting after meeting.
if no money is forth coming from the EPL I can see many clubs going into administration, I did read on Andy Holts twitter he is looking to separate the club from the stadium as protection if the club is forced into administration, hope some help comes quickly but its very worrying
That £125 million was only an advance on money's due from broadcasting rites and once used it's gone nothing been offered in the way of a financial package from either EFL or premiership, but wouldn't hold my breath on that lot helping out they will look after therselfs first, this is why I firmly believe the season in leagues 1 and 2 will finish this week because most clubs want to hibernate shed out of contract players and hopefully agree wage reductions possibly to be refunded, but where is Graham Taylor and is PFA stance protect players wages with what he is out of touch, you don't as a coal miner ask for a rise when the coal face is drying up but then again.
Bob Dobson likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 11:13   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
BBC Sport covered that yesterday https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52590065

I don't pretend to understand the logic of how such a separation protects either the club or the ground , but given past performance I am prepared to assume AH knows what he's doing
I'm haven't a law degree either but would assume if the club & stadium are separated and the club goes into administration then the stadium would not be able to be sold to recover the clubs debt
Chimer, andyd and monkey hanger like this.
Old 09-05-2020, 11:59   #5
God Member

Quote:
I'm haven't a law degree either but would assume if the club & stadium are separated and the club goes into administration then the stadium would not be able to be sold to recover the clubs debt
I think you are probably close to the truth there Andy Holt I think is doing what I would do looking at best, middle and worst case scenarios across his business including Accy Stanley, take the players budget for example correct me someone if I,m way off, but was led to believe around£1,2 million presumably this counts loanees of which we had 8 out of contract and again I could be wrong here about 7. Squad last year was including youngsters was about 38 so minus 15 leaves 23. Alright everyone on different money but for easy reckoning I,ll average them out 23 players leaves a wage bill of £725 thousand roughly, with no gate and hospitality,drinks etc income administration has to be equated in worst case scenario.
Old 09-05-2020, 14:52   #6
Super Moderator

What's included in your £1.2 million figure

And what's your £725m figure ?? next season's budget ??

That would be the lowest in the EFL ( as of today) and yes things will change
Mr T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 15:29   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
What's included in your £1.2 million figure

And what's your £725m figure ?? next season's budget ??

That would be the lowest in the EFL ( as of today) and yes things will change
Just hazarding a guess at figures but trying to paint possible scenarios for readers on here with the worst one administration being the one I presume we all want to avoid, but Stanley is a business at the end of the day as well as being part of the community hopefully for many years to come.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 09-05-2020, 18:42   #8
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Just hazarding a guess at figures but trying to paint possible scenarios for readers on here with the worst one administration being the one I presume we all want to avoid, but Stanley is a business at the end of the day as well as being part of the community hopefully for many years to come.
Na liquidation is worse. With on costs considered your figures mean Stanley players would only get 20 odd grand. Okay for semi-pro if that happens.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:15   #9
God Member

[QUOTE=Mr T

That would be the lowest in the EFL ( as of today) and yes things will change[/QUOTE]

things will really change as the tunnel we are in seems to get longer and longer without a chink of light being seen. its all this not knowing what and when anything can happen is hampering clubs futures. as with everything in life at the moment somebody will need to make some brave and sensible decisions regarding the future of lower league football. just locking down and living in fear is no answer.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:28   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
things will really change as the tunnel we are in seems to get longer and longer without a chink of light being seen. its all this not knowing what and when anything can happen is hampering clubs futures. as with everything in life at the moment somebody will need to make some brave and sensible decisions regarding the future of lower league football. just locking down and living in fear is no answer.
Maybe after everyone hears what Boris says later today about the road map out of lockdown decisions not just in football will start to happen next week, but it's clear to me that a lot of tough moves will have to be made and the bottom line is in every walk of life unfortunately money does the talking. Without some credible large financial aid football clubs will shed any cost they can legally get away with, players staff management even, let's hope some money is forthcoming but I ain't holding my breath.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:03   #11
Senior Member+

what do think to the efl weighted PPG system, the table would use the average number of points each side has picked up per home game this season and the average number of points picked up at each away game this season, it does seem a very complicated system
Old 10-05-2020, 13:19   #12
God Member

Quote:
what do think to the efl weighted PPG system, the table would use the average number of points each side has picked up per home game this season and the average number of points picked up at each away game this season, it does seem a very complicated system
I think it’s a waste of time and effort trying to concoct some clever mathematical formula. No formula can take account of form, conditions, injuries, sending-offs, etc, etc. So just because it’s complicated won’t make it any fairer.
That’s why I suggested just declaring all outstanding games 0-0 draws.
OK, in reality, the top teams would probably do better and the bottom teams MAY do worse, but none would be unfairly treated over any other and the current positions would barely change.
Then the only games needing to be played would be play-off semis and final (4 teams, 3 games max).
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 21:58   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Having seen the results of this, I personally do not care if this is used, or any other tool that has been suggested. Stanley will remain a League 1 team if the season is ended this week!
monkey hanger likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:15   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Having seen the results of this, I personally do not care if this is used, or any other tool that has been suggested. Stanley will remain a League 1 team if the season is ended this week!
and of second importance, will stevenage be relagated to the national league.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:43   #15
God Member

With still no clear evidence of whether crowds will be considered safe at football should the promotion relegation argument be more important than the June 30th contract date. Because just because you as a player with a ongoing contract doesn't mean necessarily your jobs safe clubs with no incomes may want wage cuts, deferrals or worst still contracts ripped up. Also if clubs start missing monthly wage payments will they still be subject to points deductions seems a bit pointless if a large number of clubs are all missing payments.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..