Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2015, 07:39   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Andrew Dawber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
. Probs best time for him to move and wish him all the best. IMO won't make a football league goalkeeper
Have to disagree Ash, i reckon he will certainly make a league keeper.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:17   #17

I hope im wrong Just from what we've seen him, but must admit limited opportunities but for the right reasons, always been someone a little more experienced or in on loan in front of him. Apart, from Simpson
Old 01-04-2015, 08:52   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Any particular reason why you dont want to?
Yes.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:15   #19
Senior Member+

Care to tell us why? Are have you just decided he has been mistreated by current management because he has been released where infact he has never really been in the side with any manager he has played under, unless injuries.

Nothing against the player just what I've seen he isn't good enough, he has got time on his side as he's only a young lad, He's helped the club by getting him off the wage bill whilst helping himself try and find a club before all the other keepers from clubs get released in the summer.

Hope he goes on and does well.
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:36   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Care to tell us why?
Sometimes one is told things in confidence. I have no intention whatsoever of breaking that confidence. I would have thought that you would have sussed that out by now.
Greeny likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:02   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Sometimes one is told things in confidence. I have no intention whatsoever of breaking that confidence. I would have thought that you would have sussed that out by now.
Well suppose its a difficult concept fer some to grasp.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:35   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have seen a very good young kid goaling in the youth side a couple of times, very promising imho, as Dawbs was, hope he gets more of a chance.
Old 01-04-2015, 13:50   #23
Senior Member+

Agree Cashy.
I cant understand how people say hes not good enough for league football.
The only mistake i can recall him making was in a pre-season friendly against Blackburn when he tried to play from the back.
People forgot to mention him catching the ball in the same game and throwing it 60 yards to set up a goal.How many of our keepers have done that this season !!!.
Even Bettinelli this season has had nightmare performances including one through his legs,a couple of near posters and a "drop into his net".
Hes by no means the finished article,but needs games (ask clitheroe fans)
I know Eric Steele rated him (ex man utd coach).
Normally keepers are late developers,so i hope he gets the right team to carry on his development.
Chubbyman may enlighten me on this,but Acci organised a behind closed doors goalkeeping session so a prem club could look at a top foreign keeper,
who was upstaged by young Dawber.
Fair play to the lad for not just taking his money and fair play to Coley for being understanding.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..