Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2016, 18:32   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Andy Holt Speaks

https://twitter.com/andyhholt/status/739464868764475393

Not sure if the link works but Andy has 18 signed shirts up for grabs from this seasons players...!
Old 05-06-2016, 18:43   #17
God Member

Some good ideas on that thread, for my two-pennorth i'd like to think the fans would be given first dibs on them either by raffles, auction or as Macca said, sealed bids. Could hold an out of season fund raising night in the clubhouse & use this to sell or raffle them
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 20:48   #18
Full Member+

Collectors often pay more for unsigned.

The problem is there are 18 and the market is flooded, plus if you do want a signed players shirt to frame you want the back signed to display with the name and number.

After all that negativity maybe local pubs would be interested, especially the ones near the ground or sports pubs in the town?
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 21:20   #19
God Member

I don't think they are individual player's shirts as they would've gone to their sponsor - it reads to me like they're just normal replica ones which have been signed by the squad
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 21:26   #20
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I don't think they are individual player's shirts as they would've gone to their sponsor - it reads to me like they're just normal replica ones which have been signed by the squad
I'm not sure what goes on at Stanley these days but I reckon they may get more than one shirt per season now, even if it is just the long/short sleeve option.

But on review of the picture above, there seems to be tags so replicas they are.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:25   #21
God Member

Quote:

Yes they are
Old 06-06-2016, 08:29   #22
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't think they are individual player's shirts as they would've gone to their sponsor
Would they? Still waiting for my Billy Kee shirt.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:41   #23
God Member

Quote:
I thought they might have more than one shirt due to a blood loss injury where they need to change their shirt. cannot remember the last time this happened. anyone out there got a better memory than me.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:31   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Would they? Still waiting for my Billy Kee shirt.
Somebody asked on twitter this morning and the club said they were all posted out on Friday
Old 06-06-2016, 10:47   #25
God Member

I'd like to see the M.O.M shirt signed and raffled after every home game, drawn by the m.o.m. At the very least it would make more than the value of replacing the shirt, at best it would reignite the bar takings post match.

Worth suggesting Dave?
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:59   #26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Somebody asked on twitter this morning and the club said they were all posted out on Friday
Cheers, Dave. I will await the postie with anticipation!
Old 06-06-2016, 11:07   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I'd like to see the M.O.M shirt signed and raffled after every home game, drawn by the m.o.m. At the very least it would make more than the value of replacing the shirt, at best it would reignite the bar takings post match.

Worth suggesting Dave?
Nowt to do with me anymore Macca
Old 06-06-2016, 11:15   #28
God Member

No?

Master plan in action once again ?
Redraine likes this.
Old 06-06-2016, 13:46   #29
God Member

Looking at the Fishy site today it seems Andy Holt does more than just speak.
Must be the some of the most extensive ground improvements seen in one close season?
Other than it was what a lot of fans asked, I presume removing the seats in the Clayton End will allow for more fans at that end whilst Whinney Hill is rebuilt. Personally, I usually prefer to stand while I still can and, whilst I'm sure there'll be some who are not so inclined, I hope the reduction in seating is accepted by most fans as a temporary inconvenience that's necessary to allow the investment to be made.
choirboy likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 22:15   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Looking at the Fishy site today it seems Andy Holt does more than just speak.
Must be the some of the most extensive ground improvements seen in one close season?
Other than it was what a lot of fans asked, I presume removing the seats in the Clayton End will allow for more fans at that end whilst Whinney Hill is rebuilt. Personally, I usually prefer to stand while I still can and, whilst I'm sure there'll be some who are not so inclined, I hope the reduction in seating is accepted by most fans as a temporary inconvenience that's necessary to allow the investment to be made.
STAND UP IF YOU LOVE STANLEY......

STAND UP IF YOU LOVE STANLEY......
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..