Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2015, 13:42   #1
Senior Member+

Another legend ?.

I'll remember Bert Scott firstly as a raw- boned, competitive member of a very good Stanley team, flying down the wing at Peel Park and scattering defenders in his wake, and secondly as a good friend, with whom one could always have a sensible, and on most occasions humourous discussion.You could always depend on Bert !.
So when I received the news of his passing following an illness, my first feelings were, naturally tinged with a large degree of sadness. Then my thoughts were that yet another Stanley legend has left us.
But let's be thankful for the memories which Bert and those gone before have left for us !

My kindest thoughts are with his family !

AA.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2015, 14:00   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Another legend ?.

Very sorry to hear that, Bert has been a mate fer many years, only packed in on the windows approx 3 yrs ago, My deepest sympathy goes to all his family n friends, he was a real top bloke.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 20-02-2015, 21:54   #3
Senior Member+

Sad news indeed. Another of the Scots who lived near me, when I was a youngster, on Within Grove in the sixties has gone. I think his wife had the hairdressers shop just off Bolton Avenue. Thoughts are with his family and close friends.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2015, 23:23   #4
Super Moderator

Another of the Galbraith greats who I only recall via my old feller's reminiscences. RIP Bert.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..