Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2020, 10:21   #1
Senior Member+

Another one bites the dust

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54177582
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-09-2020, 10:43   #2
God Member

Re: Another one bites the dust

What a damn shame
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2020, 10:59   #3
Senior Member+

I fear the 2nd of many.

What a shame, I feel SO sorry for the fans, we could have been them a few years ago let's not forget.

Had some great away days at Macc
cashman, pifco and choirboy like this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2020, 12:02   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

a damn shame.
Old 16-09-2020, 14:33   #5
God Member

Sad day for Macc. and a sad day for footy
choirboy likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2020, 14:36   #6
God Member

Up there with the favourite away days fantastic club bar pre match with great food and some great fans who you have to feel for, going to be a lot more unless some kind of income streams start to flow.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 07:55   #7
God Member

its sad for their fans but the club and owner has really asked for the decision being made. bury last season, macclesfield this, which north west club will be the next.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 07:58   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
its sad for their fans but the club and owner has really asked for the decision being made. bury last season, macclesfield this, which north west club will be the next.
The headlines this morning are all about Bale who in a week earns more than Macclesfield have been shut down for sums the sad state of what the game and the majority of armchair fans have sunk to.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 07:59   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Sad day for Macc. and a sad day for footy
a sad day for northern football mainly. doubt many would miss the likes of stevenage, crawley and barnet anywhere in the north of england.
Old 17-09-2020, 10:03   #10
Full Member+

True MH but I would feel sorry for their fans because I should think they feel the same way about their club as we feel about Stanley and to be honest, during lockdown, I missed watching Stanley more than anything.
MikeA and cashman like this.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 12:46   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
The headlines this morning are all about Bale who in a week earns more than Macclesfield have been shut down for sums the sad state of what the game and the majority of armchair fans have sunk to.
Very good point Andy

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 21:41   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Up there with the favourite away days fantastic club bar pre match with great food and some great fans who you have to feel for, going to be a lot more unless some kind of income streams start to flow.
Utter disgrace from the football league heyre supposed to be a club and act to protect each other but thats now two clubs theyre responsible for depriving their local comunities of.

I dont see why the FA couldnt do a deal with Askey and Cambell to accept a % of what theyre owed lets face if they refused theyed never get a job in the game again and i.m sure if it was the FA doing the paying the HMRC would do a deal similar to what Southend have proposed to them.

So youre looking at a debt of maybe not much more than 300k with much of it payable over 5 years and in exchange the owner agrees to give up ownership [ he might as well because if its wound up he loses the lot anyway [ if he wants to keep it he needs to write a cheque bloody quick ] i would imagine a club basically debt free and in the NL and available for 300k [ with possibility of paying the FA for it over the same timescale as the deal they do with the HMRC ] Would i imagine put it in reach of a good number of individuals as well as their fans trust.

Yes People who are owed money should get it back but clubs should not be lost to their communities for the sake of half a million quid with the money thats slushing about in the game as a whole.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 07:27   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Utter disgrace from the football league heyre supposed to be a club and act to protect each other but thats now two clubs theyre responsible for depriving their local comunities of.

I dont see why the FA couldnt do a deal with Askey and Cambell to accept a % of what theyre owed lets face if they refused theyed never get a job in the game again and i.m sure if it was the FA doing the paying the HMRC would do a deal similar to what Southend have proposed to them.

So youre looking at a debt of maybe not much more than 300k with much of it payable over 5 years and in exchange the owner agrees to give up ownership [ he might as well because if its wound up he loses the lot anyway [ if he wants to keep it he needs to write a cheque bloody quick ] i would imagine a club basically debt free and in the NL and available for 300k [ with possibility of paying the FA for it over the same timescale as the deal they do with the HMRC ] Would i imagine put it in reach of a good number of individuals as well as their fans trust.

Yes People who are owed money should get it back but clubs should not be lost to their communities for the sake of half a million quid with the money thats slushing about in the game as a whole.
in theory you are correct however does that just gives dodgy sharklike owners just another get out clause. the FA will stump up the money then i,ll pay later again. its just back to owners again that should not be miles near of football club never mind owning one. take stanley out of the equasion, clubs in lower leagues have always really lived more or less hand to mouth. however they just rolled on with more or less owned and run by local businessmen. your point about the money in the game is correct. however it aint the fault of spurs and others that macc have gone bust. if they did put a levy on the premier league to bale clubs out then these clubs again could really take advantage of the situation.
pifco likes this.
Old 18-09-2020, 21:59   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
in theory you are correct however does that just gives dodgy sharklike owners just another get out clause. the FA will stump up the money then i,ll pay later again. its just back to owners again that should not be miles near of football club never mind owning one. take stanley out of the equasion, clubs in lower leagues have always really lived more or less hand to mouth. however they just rolled on with more or less owned and run by local businessmen. your point about the money in the game is correct. however it aint the fault of spurs and others that macc have gone bust. if they did put a levy on the premier league to bale clubs out then these clubs again could really take advantage of the situation.
Yes but youre missing the main point which maye i didnt make too clear and any financial help given to a club would be totally dependant on the guilty owner tearing up his ownership and rights to any assets. That way you.ll soon find out which of them are in it for the love of the club and which would see the club go bust and be wound up [ in which case they would lose everything anyway ] rather than take a financial hit [ which in theory if set up right in the first place most would be able to negate by being the owner of a company that went bust ]

But i imagine whats come out today about him taking the **** with the 20k offer to HMRC when he clearly had 1.2 million sat in the bank really would have peed the judge off no end and i.d say if hed offered 200k instead hed probrably have got a deal and still had a club to sell [ there were apparently 3 different possible purchasers but none of them had done enough due dilligence for the judge to consider their offers in any way viable. ] But if Abdul gives himself a good shake he could still hand the club over to one of them and they could then do a deal with the judge effectively getting them the club for a bit less than 500k.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2020, 07:08   #15
God Member

[QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;1244783]Yes but youre missing the main point which maye i didnt make too clear and any financial help given to a club would be totally dependant on the guilty owner tearing up his ownershi

yes, i would go with that one. it may put the chancers off buying a club in the first place. just cannot get my head around why anyone would buy a lower division football club miles from where they live or in another country unless they have some interest in the town or club. always think there is something not quite right behind it all. quicker they are outed and banned the better it will be for lower leagues clubs futures.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..