Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2008, 21:41   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Another prodigal son to return?

Rory appears to be a free agent at the end of his Dale contract. Dale will not be using him in any McEvilly deal - he'll no longer be their player.

Does any one know if he's related to Mick Prendergast the legendary Sheffield Wednesday player from the same area of South Yorkshire?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-01-2008, 21:52   #17
God Member

no thanks.

He had one excellent followed by two bads ones more often than not. He tried and failed at Blackpool and followed that up with not being good enough for Halifax to retain on loan, followed by not being good enough for the Rochdale team. In his favour though is that Coley does seem to get the best out of mediocre players and he does have a sweet left foot and it is a problem position. For me (and Eric) it would depend how greedy he has become - but I'd rather see Bobby Grant get a go on the left, or even, horror of horrors, let Whalley have a few games to see if he get his confidence back.
Old 03-01-2008, 22:48   #18
Senior Member+

i like whalley i think hes a good player, ok some of the time he loses the ball, but he runs none stop at the defenders and can put in some good crosses, he should be played more often than he is!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 23:00   #19
God Member

it bugs me that people slag Whalley off. Last season he did well as an impact player but struggled a little in full games. This year you maybe think its time for him to get a run but NO. He gets odd cameos here and there but is expected to perform like a seasoned and experienced pro. The lad would be better of goin on loan and getting some experience than playing for ten minutes and getting heckled for eight!
Old 03-01-2008, 23:17   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
The lad would be better of goin on loan and getting some experience than playing for ten minutes and getting heckled for eight!
Agree, Roberts and others got a chance to improve at a lower level, Sean is inexperienced and has to do it against seasoned pros.
He was a raw talent when we got him, be great to see the club help develop him.

On the other hand, grafting Rory's left peg on him would give us some winger.

(That's probably the only bit of Rory I'd like to see back, but like HR said,"If he could do a job".)

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 23:27   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
(That's probably the only bit of Rory I'd like to see back, but like HR said,"If he could do a job".)
Do you know everytime I see myself referred to as HR it makes me feel like royalty

cue mickey take now eh

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 23:31   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Do you know everytime I see myself referred to as HR it makes me feel like royalty

cue mickey take now eh
If you like, your highness. POSH or what?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 23:46   #23
God Member

Quote:
Ok ok I asked for that

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 23:47   #24
God Member

Quote:
She is posh - posh-harrod as KSH says

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 23:51   #25
God Member

right back on thread please people...yes I know I was the first to wander so I will be the prodigal one to return to the thread's subject

Rory anyone?????

Old 04-01-2008, 00:04   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
i always think of sauce for some reason!!!!! (i know HP)
Old 04-01-2008, 13:50   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
He had one excellent followed by two bads ones more often than not. He tried and failed at Blackpool and followed that up with not being good enough for Halifax to retain on loan, followed by not being good enough for the Rochdale team.
Thats a touch harsh for me I'm afraid.

Rory was signed for Blackpool by Colin hendry who was then replaced within a couple of months by Simon Grayson who never gave Rory a chance.

Halifax wanted to keep him on loan but couldn't afford to, due to blackpool wanting them to pay a higher percentage of his wages than in the original loan spell.

And as for Rochdale he is believed to be the best left winger at the club by quite a number of the rochdale staff and fans but Rundle is preferred as he likes to run inside, rather than get to the by line, and lets face it Rochdale aren't exactly blessed with height or in Evils case willingness to head the ball!!!

Rory has only ever been happy here and I honestly think he could be a good aquisition once again, especially as he is a free agent.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 14:12   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post

Rory was signed for Blackpool by Colin hendry who was then replaced within a couple of months by Simon Grayson who never gave Rory a chance.
Managers don't deliberately keep their best players on the side lines

Quote:
And as for Rochdale he is believed to be the best left winger at the club by quite a number of the rochdale staff and fans but Rundle is preferred as he likes to run inside, rather than get to the by line, and lets face it Rochdale aren't exactly blessed with height or in Evils case willingness to head the ball!!!
see other answer

It will always be one of them where one person agrees and another doesn't - but for me I wouldn't touch the guy. We have already been bitten once this season by bringing back an ex-player with an attitude so I'd hate to see it happen again. I think we have options for the left wing which haven't been explored fully (Whalley, Dennehy, Harris, Boco) so why waste another chunk of money on wages when we don't have to?

Quote:
Rory has only ever been happy here .............. he is a free agent.
he can pay his thirteen quid like everyone else then
Old 04-01-2008, 14:15   #29
Senior Member+

This is the Dale sites view on it

****** it i can't get the link to work

Last edited by sparkie; 04-01-2008 at 14:18.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 17:29   #30

Quote:
This is the Dale sites view on it

****** it i can't get the link to work
RochdaleAFC.com

There you go.
RochdaleAFC is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..