Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2009, 21:37   #1
Senior Member+

Another WISH LIST !!!

I've had a 'Wish-List' thread on THE Forum once before!... in days long gone now.. It related to nothing special really!....something flippant it was (as you might expect!!)
The first daft wish ,in those far off days, exhorted John Coleman to sign up Michael Owen, who, it was reported was unsettled at Real Madrid at that time...it was THAT sort of offering on my part !....However , it did kick off a plethora of replies from many of my pen-friends on the Forum who felt that it had provided them with an opportunity to express their hopes for how they would like to see things developing for Accrington Stanley !.

So here's another one !!.....and for a start...I WISH that after NINE days without any movement whatsoever that the 'FUND-OMETER' would reflect a true total of the amount raised by the SOS appeal !..
Secondly that instead of constantly mouthing Hopes, Opinions and Predictions, that someone at 'The Crown'..would actually demonstrate some real Google Page Ranking and Communication Skills and make a defining statement in relation to the clearance of the HMRC Debt !..

I could go on...and on!..and on!!.. but I'm more than certain that someone out there in 'Stanleyland' (Have I coined a new phrase there??)...will want to add to this posting with an impassioned wish of their own !!.

Just type ' I WISH THAT !!,,,,,,,?' and the rest will follow !!!

'ON STANLEY!!....ON!!!...TO GREATER THINGS !!!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-10-2009, 21:50   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Another WISH LIST !!!

I wish all this sorry affair is sorted, the debts outside the 308k are small and we can pay the SUPERB players what they DESERVE, keep them at the club and be in the play-offs at the end of the season.

PS. can I have an audi tt quattro 225 in blue ??
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 22:11   #3
Senior Member+

I wish that our little syndicate's lottery numbers will win enough this weekend to allow us (a) to pay off the HMRC debt, and then .......... (b) mount a takeover bid for ASFC.

Now rearrange these words : CAT PIGEONS THAT PUT WILL AMONGST
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 22:14   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I wish that our little syndicate's lottery numbers will win enough this weekend to allow us (a) to pay off the HMRC debt, and then .......... (b) mount a takeover bid for ASFC.

Now rearrange these words : CAT PIGEONS THAT PUT WILL AMONGST
I wish you all the best in your endeavour!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 22:17   #5
Senior Member+

To Revived Red!! CAT AMONGST WILL PUT THAT PIGEONS THE !!....Alfred.E. Neumann.

'ON STANLEY!!!....ON!!!...TO GREATER THINGS !!'

Last edited by yonmon; 16-10-2009 at 22:20.
Old 16-10-2009, 23:11   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
To Revived Red!! CAT AMONGST WILL PUT THAT PIGEONS THE !!....Alfred.E. Neumann.
I was trying to keep it simple with only the essential words
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 00:14   #7

I just wish for a tannoy system that works, Then I could start buying half-time draw ticket once again.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 06:49   #8
God Member

I wish that one of my $5 multis would come in thus enabling me to get over to STANLEY..
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 08:18   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
I wish that one of my $5 multis would come in thus enabling me to get over to STANLEY..
Save your $5, we'll buy you a ticket when we hit the big one tonight

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 08:35   #10
God Member

Question Re: Another WISH LIST !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Save your $5, we'll buy you a ticket when we hit the big one tonight
And tickets for the HN Stanley team.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 08:43   #11
God Member

Thank you..I shall hold you to it...BTW, All the dads of the HN Stanley now play together in a 6 aside twilight comp under the name of ; Senior Stanleys. . even me with me rooted right peg !! Played 2, for 1 win and 1 loss...2 goals for and 2 against..
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 09:32   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Thank you..I shall hold you to it...BTW, All the dads of the HN Stanley now play together in a 6 aside twilight comp under the name of ; Senior Stanleys. . even me with me rooted right peg !! Played 2, for 1 win and 1 loss...2 goals for and 2 against..
Wow go the Seniors, if or should be when we win the big one, maybe we could organise a game against the Ultras and/or the real Accrington Stanley (air fares paid of course). Keep us up with the info Kiwi

PS as for the wish list, well pay me mortgage off and assist in helping out Accrington Stanley with a decent ground and facilities for all spectators, nothing suave - ie not Old Trafford but something along the lines of say Kiddermnster Harriers ground holding up to 8,000 with the ability to grow with the club if (sorry when) we get to the promised land like MK Dons and Wigan have done. (Pipe dreams I know but if we don't have them we never will).

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 17-10-2009 at 09:35.
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 09:41   #13
Senior Member+

My BIG WISH FOR TODAY IS.......(For Kiwi John and Myself!!)

That someone really will do something about this !!...

RAISED SO FAR......£88,911.96 p....LAST UPDATED...7:10:2009..

Guess I'm not alone when I make this impassioned plea!!

'ON STANLEY!!!...ON !!!....TO GREATER THINGS '
Old 17-10-2009, 10:05   #14
Super Moderator

Would agree, Mr Y, that the fund total should be updated...the fact that it's been left for ten days with not a word of explanation is inexcusable.

But my wish would be for a more co-ordinated and professional approach to public relations and the media in general because at the moment it's a shambles. One day we have Rob telling us that the club might be looking to buy the ground, the next day we have JB telling us that we might have to sell players. What sort of mixed messages does that send out to the public? And what of the great "are we safe/are we not safe?" drama. We have some vague statement that we're "hoping" to pay off the debt before the court case with £150k from the fund, £100k from directors' contributions and £50k from a loan. But how do we know if we've got £150k in the SOS fund? It hasn't been updated for going on two weeks?!!

Why didn't they keep totally schtum about this until they were sure we're safe and then make a big announcement? In fact, why don't they have a planned approach to public relations and press management with one person co-ordinating it all, so everyone is singing from the same hymnsheet? Why isn't Marcelle making herself useful and doing this? Come on, Don and Rob, get it sorted!!
Old 17-10-2009, 10:28   #15
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Why didn't they keep totally schtum about this until they were sure we're safe and then make a big announcement?
One part of my wish list answered, according to Helen Chamberlain!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..