Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2014, 16:46   #16
God Member

Re: Anthong Barry

Superb signing
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-10-2014, 18:06   #17
Resting in Peace

My thoughts on Barry's leaving for Yeovil:-

"How the hell do you think I feel?
Last night after coming back from the Grey Horse after seeing our inspired performance at Exeter I sponsored Barry's away shirt!!!
In my opinion he is POTENTIALLY the best player we have (had). I thought that when we eventually have to sell Craney we would have Barry to build on for the future.
I feel sick ."

I feel a bit better now!
cashman and smobile like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:05   #18
Senior Member+

A player massively underrated in our Conference winning season, Great signing if he is anything like the player he was when he left for Huish Park 8 years ago!
Old 09-10-2014, 07:58   #19
Senior Member+

Top player and rarely gave the ball away the other night.
Interesting to see were he plays !!,great competition again.
just need a defeat now to see the old Coley back
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:08   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
just need a defeat now to see the old Coley back
No thanks, I rather like the new Coley.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:21   #21
God Member

Not so sure about this one tbh - only because it's 8 years since he was here & don't honestly remember being that impressed at the time although he must have had something for Yeovil to snap him up as they did. All I can remember is that he could only pass the ball sideways across the halfway line & was a little frustrating to watch because of it (although to be fair my memory's not what it was so I may be completely wrong)
Since his spell with them, he's plied his trade in the Conference - maybe he just didn't get the break to get back into the football league but I would have thought he could have done that with Fleetwood as he was part of their Conference winning squad but was released when they gained their promotion to League 2.
To be fair I couldn't get to the game on Tuesday so didn't see him play & I hope he proves me wrong if he's in the team on Saturday.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..