Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2010, 20:43   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Antony Cox ........COXY

Hi all,

Funeral procession is leaving Hyndburn Funerals on its way to Crown Ground. Police will stop all traffic from the roundabout at the top of Ribblesdale Ave to allow cars out of the Oaklea car park. All cars from Oaklea will have priority imediately after the family cars. 2.30pm latest.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.

Last edited by AccyJay; 09-09-2010 at 20:48.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2010, 21:29   #17
Senior Member+

hasn't this tragic event and how it has been felt and respected throughout the whole of the community just summised what a wonderful football club we are.......

RIP Coxy
Old 10-09-2010, 11:09   #18

RIP Coxy. Keep cheering on the Stanley from above.
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:43   #19
Senior Member+

With loves & hates & passions just like mine, they were born and then they lived & then they died, seems so unfair, i want to cry.....

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:54   #20
God Member

I hope everything goes well this afternoon. RIP Coxy
Old 10-09-2010, 15:33   #21
Member.

For a gentleman I never met; it says something about the man when he’s on your mind throughout the day. I’ve never met this gentle Red although I recognised the face in the photo that Tony up on facebook.

The real tragedy is the loss of a son; but there’s a lesser tragedy in that this lad had to pass from this world when he had so many friends that he neither knew nor realised held so much love and care.

Rest easy Coxy. You will know now in spirit your worth to us; you will never stand alone at the Crown or any other Ground, you are and will be forever a Son to your family and a friend to many and to a multitude of people you never met; forever Stanley, forever Red.

On, Stanley On!

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 10-09-2010 at 15:36.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 15:33   #22

Just arrived back from paying my respects and I am stuck for words, what a moving experience a sea of red and white shirts, scalfs and flags and how proud I was to see such a fantastic turn out for stanleys no1 fan, Something like this just brings it home that we belong to a very special family.I didnt know Coxy very well but his passing has not only left a hole in his close family but it,s left a big hole on the clayton end and he will be sadley missed by his second family.
RIP mate good night god bless
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 16:40   #23
Senior Member+

Ive never been to a funeral like it. A great tribute to a special man.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 17:51   #24
Super Moderator

To me today shows what a special band of FANtastic people are associated with our club.

Coley argued long + hard to have the team go the the funeral then travel to Torquay (thanks Gaffer) but it just wasn't practical

I tonight am a (PROUD) Stanley fan!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 17:58   #25
God Member

Ditto to the above 2 posts, coxy got the very best of send off's indeed, a total sea of red and the large convoy, music and balloons - his family and his very very large Stanley family did him proud indeed. I have never witnessed nor been part of that before, coxy out did the peel park procession. Godbless our Stanley brother xxx

I'm so proud to be part of the Stanley family and a bond that won't ever break.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 18:03   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
To me today shows what a special band of FANtastic people are associated with our club.

Coley argued long + hard to have the team go the the funeral then travel to Torquay (thanks Gaffer) but it just wasn't practical

I tonight am a (PROUD) Stanley fan!!
Coxy wouldn't of had it any other way, as me and one of his close friends told Mick s yesterday it would be sacraledge, he would want the team to 'cart on' tho did pass on the message to his dad reason they couldn't be there despite wanting to, he understood completely

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 10-09-2010, 18:13   #27
God Member

Have to say well done And thanks to Jay and Kate at oaklea for ensuring a smooth carpark and convoy alining also arranging traffic control so all the convoy went in one line all the way there

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 10-09-2010, 21:54   #28
Senior Member+

As part of the convoy and in the 'crowd' outside the chapel, it was amazing just to look at the faces of people we passed on the side of the road and other drivers waiting to move, but were not allowed to by the Police. If Coxy was looking down on us all today, then he will have had a big smile on his face. But playing the Celtic Cross song in the middle of the service brought a huge lump in my throat. Well done to all for making a double family send off. RIP mate

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:14   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Have to say well done And thanks to Jay and Kate at oaklea for ensuring a smooth carpark and convoy alining also arranging traffic control so all the convoy went in one line all the way there
I'd like to say a big thank you to Accrington Police. Without their assistance we would have really struggled.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 14:10   #30
God Member

AMAZING

That's the word that comes to mind when I think back to the whole of yesterday from the moment I arrived at the oaklea to join the procession to the crem, right through to a sea of red and white walking towards the chapel and then stood outside and listening to the whole service and the release of the red and white balloons .... after meeting up with the stanley family first at the tinker then up to the oaklea and to top it off has to be macca's tribute song on the karaoke.

god bless coxy you would have been proud and I like to think you watched the whole thing with that wry smirk on your face

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO WAS A PART OF THIS DAY XXX

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..