Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2005, 14:59   #31
Super Moderator

Re: any ideas?

Climbing up and down all six floodlight pylons and the camera gantry within a specified time?
Old 13-09-2005, 15:10   #32
Junior Member+

get few people dres up as babys and do the amerilla dance down broadway
tiamaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 15:56   #33
Full Member+

How about a football challenge which could double up as half-time entertainment at a Stanley home game as well as providing a decent crowd from which collections can be made?
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 16:11   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
Climbing up and down all six floodlight pylons and the camera gantry within a specified time?
you can check the bulbs whilst your up there
Old 13-09-2005, 16:49   #35

what about a sponsored roof build ?
b-sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 21:06   #36

A sponsored walk from the ground of the next team that Stanley are playing at home?Providing it's not too far and done in stages.
PILKYBUSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 21:13   #37

id be up for that!!!!why not Morecambe????

lets do it
Old 13-09-2005, 21:30   #38
Senior Member+

If not Morecambe, how about Southport later this season or from Altrincham when they next play us at the IES? Alternatively, the sponsored sit on every seat sounds interesting, you only have 1200 to go at. How about enrolling others and do a drive about treasure hunt? I am certain there must be other good ideas.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 21:53   #39
Senior Member+

sponsered get in for kids price at every away game
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 23:03   #40
God Member

I would be up for the sponsored walk with ya sparkie. I also think that maybe a sponsored silence during home match with the ultras would be funny!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 23:45   #41
Give, give, give member

We could shave you from top to tail.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 23:48   #42
Give, give, give member

I know, I know you ain't got a tail!

But everything- barnet/ brows/daisy.

I bet that would get the coffers rolling in, and if you do it I'll buy you a hat for when it snows.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2005, 09:37   #43
Senior Member+

Talking Re: any ideas?

cotty i can't walk to morecambe for the game in a fortnight as there is not enough time to plan a route get accomodation for a over night stay, sort out sponsorship forms and more importatly to get people to sponsor me.

Also cant have those particular two days off coz someone else at work is on holidays!!!!

Great idea to walk from either alty, southport or morecambe for there matches at the IES. I hadn't thought to do it in reverse so to speak!!!

Also i will be very glad to take those of you up on the offer of some company while doing this, it would be much appreciated.

I am particularly interested in the sponsored sit in every seat suggestion as it has no outlay money wise and can be done in a single day. obviously you'd have to sit for a specified lenghth of time in each seat. plus quite a few of us could do this together and raise as much cash as possible.

Wynonnie
i would love to climb the floodlight pylons but unfortunately they are covered in anti-vandal paint and also you need harnessess and safety gear coz they're over a certain height. Good suggestion though.

Whalley red the football challenge is a good idea but with the club already running a cross bar challenge i think it would interfere, however i will ask.

Outback Ozzy the supporters club are already in the process of organising a car treasure hunt the details of which will hopefully be available very soon. Mind reading!!

Also I think a bunch of us walking up and down broadway dressed as babies in nappies might not be in the best of tastes at the minute.

and finally to Garinda shaving every bit of hair off my body i don't have a quite as big a problem with as people requesting proof!!! I think UKCOWBOY may get a little upset at this!!!

Great Ideas people keep them coming!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2005, 09:50   #44

Good to see this thread back on track, however I don't see any apology from Accystanmac or Shinygem!!!

Whatever you choose to do Sparkie put me down for £5.
Old 14-09-2005, 09:58   #45

How about a sponsored pub crawl? I'm sure you'd get plenty of people to join in. Or how about going to the seaside and doing a sponsored sandcastle build?

Stanleybabe

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..