Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 10:49   #1
Senior Member+

Any last minute signings?

I know the loan window will stay open for a fair bit

but any other last minute signings for accy that we desperately need?
Old 02-09-2013, 10:53   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Any last minute signings?

No idea Mani, beats is always looking. Meself i'm hoping fer a midfielder that can actually play a bit. Dont understand why our leading scorer was at full back on sat???? to play Joyce in midfield.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:33   #3
Senior Member+

With Carver moving out to Halifax, maybe it'll create an opening for someone to come in? We really need someone in midfield to drive the team forwards.
cashman likes this.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:36   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
With Carver moving out to Halifax, maybe it'll create an opening for someone to come in? We really need someone in midfield to drive the team forwards.
The news that Carver has gone out on loan has surprised/shocked me given our lack of attacking options at the moment. Perhaps then we can await some unexpected revelations as the clock ticks down to the closure of the window? Here's hoping...
ianray likes this.
Bentley5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:39   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Meself think thats just what Carver needs at this stage, Conference football is a damn good standard n should hopefully bring him up to Div2 standard. Suspect someone is already lined up to bring aboard?
sparkie and Chubbyman like this.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:55   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Bettenelli signed fer season, Great news in my book.
sparkie, ianray and Chubbyman like this.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:24   #7
I am Banned

Bettinelli makes Dunbavin look useless.
accytom101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:27   #8
I am Banned

Let's face Bettinelli is much better than Bavs. Bettinelli comands his area well, he also comes out to try and get the ball from crosses corners etc. Dunbavin hardly comes out and it creates danger in Stanley defensive half.
cashman likes this.
accytom101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 14:43   #9

Dan just tweeted that the one or two possibles for today have been subject to complications.

Make of that what you will.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 14:52   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Life can sometimes be a bitch is what i make of it. but then again hurdles are meant to be jumped, so yeh never know.
Old 02-09-2013, 17:44   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Dan just tweeted that the one or two possibles for today have been subject to complications.

Make of that what you will.
Don't say they expect to be paid?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 18:32   #12

Bottom of the food chain, maybe the players we wanted where only available if other clubs got their targets, still the loan market reopens in 7 days
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 18:34   #13
Senior Member+

Messi spotted at the Accy bowl, earlier spotted in the McDonalds. There is a Ferrari parked on Livingstone Road with the number plate M8SSI

Coincidence?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 18:46   #14

I think the likely complication in this sort of situation is who pays the wages.

If loan is for young players (e.g. Richardson) the parent club see the development benefit in sending them for 1st team football and will probably foot the bill if they are getting game time. If it's a more established player who is out of the picture the parent club will want us to pay the wages.

Would love a big giant centre forward in the John Parkin/Rene Howe mould
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 18:47   #15
Senior Member+

Stalybridge fan on twitter believes we are in for one of their players...Sean McConville!
DAV007 likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..