Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2007, 21:00   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Any transfer gossip yet?

Kev Gray released by Carlisle - he's a quality defender. Would be a great signing.
Old 08-05-2007, 21:05   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
now that would be giving the game away heard coley and jimmy bell were in scotland th is week
I think you'll find they're in warmer climes - Bulgaria I heard He he - we can all use bananas!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 21:06   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I think you'll find they're in warmer climes - Bulgaria I heard He he - we can all use bananas!!
I heard the same thing last night. On a scouting mission apparently.
Old 08-05-2007, 21:07   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitalStanley View Post
Branchy would be great for us!

I am a Burnley and Stanley fan because I was born in Burnley but live in Accy, Branch can still do it and I think he could well get 10/15 goals down at League Two level!

Still has pace, he is an excellent target man and can put the ball in the net. Burnley have tended to play him as Left back or Left Mid so he doesn't get too many goal scoring opportunities.
That's what was said about other ex-clarets who were fobbed off on us, Gordon Armstrong, Paul Cook & more recently Tony Grant - I won't hold me breath !
Old 08-05-2007, 21:09   #35
God Member

Quote:
That's what was said about other ex-clarets who were fobbed off on us, Gordon Armstrong, Paul Cook & more recently Tony Grant - I won't hold me breath !
I thought Paul Cook was popular at Stanley ?

Bit unfair to judge Grant yet, he's been inuured most of the time hasn't he ?
Old 08-05-2007, 21:12   #36

John McGreal has just been released from Turd Moor.. might want too much in wages but would bring in some good experience..

Tractorboy Red
Old 08-05-2007, 21:16   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty71 View Post
John McGreal has just been released from Turd Moor.. might want too much in wages but would bring in some good experience..

Tractorboy Red
Might be better if you said he used to play at Poopman Road, I get the impression players moving down the league may be more favourable if they played in blue & white at some point
Old 08-05-2007, 21:17   #38
God Member

Cooky was ok as a coach but as a player it just didn't work, I think he was as relieved as anyone when he hung up his boots. And yea, you might be right about Grant _ i'll reserve judgement till next season
Old 08-05-2007, 21:18   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty71 View Post

Tractorboy Red
Any news on whether you're lot are taking Sean Doherty Marty? Won't cost you a penny
Old 08-05-2007, 21:24   #40

Quote:
Any news on whether you're lot are taking Sean Doherty Marty? Won't cost you a penny

Leave it with me Accymad I'll contact a few people and get back to you in a few days.. Spoke to one of the 1st team when he was on trial and he said he did ok while he was here, but who knows!!

Tractorboy Red
Old 08-05-2007, 21:26   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Might be better if you said he used to play at Poopman Road, I get the impression players moving down the league may be more favourable if they played in blue & white at some point
Of course he did...John McGreeeeaaal,....Oooo...John McGreal!!! Seriously, I think he would be good at FES..

Old 08-05-2007, 21:41   #42

So we want players far bext seaon to go with the nine we already have. Rodney Jack will be leavin Crewe this summer lol
grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 23:56   #43
God Member

Rodney Jack? Did we not trial him last season and kyboshed him off to Wrexham?
Old 09-05-2007, 00:02   #44

yeh we did. also blieve Ian Moore is not at Leeds anymore, if he could discove the form he had at Burnley he'd be an ok signing, but i think he was one of leeds so called big boys wage wise, and to be quite honest dont think he'd drop to league2, although he was quite dissapointed not to be offerd new terms at Leeds so who knows. We need a young goal scorer with pace and i cant think of any one. (that we had a chance of getting)
grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:11   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch View Post
We need a young goal scorer with pace and i cant think of any one. (that we had a chance of getting)
Andy Mangan?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..