Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2009, 21:21   #136

Re: ASSF response to The Dons programme notes ...

signing off for tonight.

I must say, i thought long and hard about whether to get on the board. But i am glad i did. I toyed with the idea of a public statement after being publicly insulted by oneil, but in the end i thought i woudl come to the place where people actually care about the club, and allow myself the opportunity to speak openly. thank you all for your feedback - and apologies to any who might feel i have been incorrect in the way i interpreted their questions. Willie, in particular, I think we should make sure we get that glass of wine shared when i am next up in town.

someone asked if i thought the statement was fair. The decision to put out a statement was made by assf. COntrary to what you might think, i actually dont run or manage assf. I was sent an email when the statement was prepared, and asked to comment, which I did. there was overwhelming support from ASSD directors for the statement, and I thought (and still think) it is an elegant and businesslike response to the ill concieved vitriol than came out of the programme notes. MOre specifically, the point about there being more debt is essential to be bought into the open. After all, we live and work in a society that can only operate with clarity. The club is asking for support, and many many people are giving generously. In fact someone who gives £10 which is a big part of their spare income, is giving much more than I could ever give. Surely the least we can do is be open ? SUrely we should find a long term permanent solution, and not just solve this current crisis ?

I know there are many shades of opinion here, and i will aim to reply to the other posts that ask questions, but for now I shall say goodnight.

Ilyas
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2009, 21:25   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
Sorry to press you on this, but either:

the total debts are all-important; in which case the raging fire has to put out before anything else is considered and the ASSF simply gives the club the money to do so (the fire service never make conditions on offering their services) ... or
there is a "judgement about whether paying them off is worthwhile"; in which case the club is allowed to fail if the debts are too high for ASSF funds or the judgement is made that the club cannot be made self-sufficient at this level of football.

Well if the debts are substantial and its not worth paying the debt off why should they ? What is the alternative ? There isn't one is there, why waste good money if the club is doomed anyway because it has massive debts all over and is going to fail anyway even if the taxman is paid.

Just my view

Last edited by Shurm; 28-09-2009 at 21:27.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 21:25   #138

whalley red. you clearly want a longer discussion than i have time for right now. there are two choices. you wait till i come back and post, or pl send me a private mail through this system. i will be happy to give you my mobile, and we can chat. Its often easier on the phone than on a bulletin board. I am happy to make the time to talk. after all, this is about a subject close to our hearts.
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 21:36   #139
God Member

I'm so glad that many things have been made clear to fans by Mr Khan's posts. I know that at this stage the revelations just raise more questions but if the majority of fans are singing from the same hymn sheet (as Jase said, it's no good dividing the fans between 'good' and 'bad') then we'll all be better off and ASFC will live on.
Thank you Mr Khan for making this contribution tonight. I hope to meet you one day.

Onnnn Stanley Onnnn Lads!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 21:37   #140
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
Sorry to press you on this, but either:
  • the total debts are all-important; in which case the raging fire has to put out before anything else is considered and the ASSF simply gives the club the money to do so (the fire service never make conditions on offering their services) ... or
  • there is a "judgement about whether paying them off is worthwhile"; in which case the club is allowed to fail if the debts are too high for ASSF funds or the judgement is made that the club cannot be made self-sufficient at this level of football.
I doubt if many clubs are self-sufficient at this level. The lethargy displayed by the club over the last 3 years would seem to make self-sufficiency totally out of the question. It seems to me that new investment and new ideas are the only way forward.

David O'Neill's programme notes were a disgrace to the Club. Not only were they ill-timed but they were far too negative and personal.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 21:46   #141
God Member

it's like an episode of Lost
Old 28-09-2009, 21:46   #142
Senior Member+

At the moment it feels like we are robbing Peter to pay Paul & we are not going to get anywhere.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 21:52   #143
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
At the moment it feels like we are robbing Peter to pay Paul & we are not going to get anywhere.
Explain, please.
Old 28-09-2009, 21:54   #144
Senior Member+

At the end of the day, what I want to know, is should we really be breaking our necks to raise this cash, begging basically.... when we don't know the full story.

Someone in the bar on Friday said "the current regime are using the Ultras as mugs...."

If thats true then there is gonna be chaos... We were stood in the rain in town, badgering folk, taking abuse off others.... "get eric to pay" etc etc

Lets hope, that when the truth comes out... its exactly as we have been told. 300k tax & about 60k working debts........

"GULP"

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 21:59   #145
God Member

Smile Re: ASSF response to The Dons programme notes ...

I do not believe that anybody thinks that the Ultras are "Mugs" Willie

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 22:03   #146
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Explain, please.
At the moment if the club has any other 'working' debts, then all they are doing and must of been doing is paying one and not the other i.e paying the D'ON and not HMRC. PAYE totalling 300k is prob. 2 or more seasons worth. So if this debt is soley from 2006, then the charges ect. must be astronomical.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 22:07   #147
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I do not believe that anybody thinks that the Ultras are "Mugs" Willie
I second that VALAIRIAN,and WILLIE you and the rest of the Ultras have and are doing a great job in your vocal backing of the team and your efforts to raise the FUNDS needed
Old 28-09-2009, 22:11   #148
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
At the end of the day, what I want to know, is should we really be breaking our necks to raise this cash, begging basically.... when we don't know the full story.

Someone in the bar on Friday said "the current regime are using the Ultras as mugs...."

If thats true then there is gonna be chaos... We were stood in the rain in town, badgering folk, taking abuse off others.... "get eric to pay" etc etc

Lets hope, that when the truth comes out... its exactly as we have been told. 300k tax & about 60k working debts........

"GULP"
Willie , forgive me, but I am not being negative just realistic.............if I were you I wouldnt be holding my breath, I firmly believe that this is the tip of the iceberg and much more will come to the fore.

As for the Ultras being taken for 'mugs', well I guess thats open to debate, but I know where I stand on it...............Its not just the Ultras though, its everyone who has given no matter how large or small.

Don, has said publicly that He was aware of the debt BEFORE He took over and that He has no intention of simply putting cash into the club (both statements made at the last fans forum), so by my reckoning he is getting You, Me and everyone else who has donated to pay off a debt that He knowingly took on and ignoring completely the offers of funding on the table..................does that make us 'mugs'?...............

In closing, I too would like to thank Ilyas for having the 'balls' to come on here and answer all questions asked, I wonder if Mr O'Niel will follow suit?..........Like I advised you Willie, I shan't hold my breath!!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 22:11   #149
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
At the moment if the club has any other 'working' debts, then all they are doing and must of been doing is paying one and not the other i.e paying the D'ON and not HMRC. PAYE totalling 300k is prob. 2 or more seasons worth. So if this debt is soley from 2006, then the charges ect. must be astronomical.
I understand now. I thought you were referring to the fundraising.

I'm sure you are correct in saying that the debts will have built up over recent years.
Old 28-09-2009, 22:20   #150
Junior Member+

I Khan't believe I've just got in and missed all this. Come on Mr O'Neill get on here, someone said on here they wished they had balls as big as you had! so nows your time to show them and get on this forum.

Last edited by Stanleymad; 29-09-2009 at 08:24. Reason: swearing family friendly forum
Raggy Thun is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..