Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2009, 20:33   #31
Senior Member+

Re: ASSF response to The Dons programme notes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Like TM I've been very quiet recently with the opinion that SOS is the only thing that matters but this Whalley thing is gaining momentum which I don't like. Just a thought is it possible that DON didn't buy Whalley out and it was all a sham, it would answer one or two questions.
It would certainly explain why an established businessman would buy a business without having a clear assessment of the accounts and knowing that there was a large unpaid debt hanging over it.
I'm no fan of conspiracy theories, but that issue is something that I just can't figure out.
Old 27-09-2009, 20:55   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
A statement from Mr. Khan would be good around now…..
Illyas will stay out of the argument and like all good business man though a ASFC fan will do what all good business men do. I hate to say this but the businessman side of him will win and so when ASFC is at its weakest and on its knees he will then act to to take control of the club.

There is that much pulling in all directions i liken it to a man having his limbs torn from his body by horses. All that will be left is a corpse which sadley will be ASFC.

Each party seems to have its own agenda and it is the club that is suffering for it. The whole ruddy lot of them need their heads banged together in order with luck to knock some sense into them all. The club comes first which has been lost amongst all the petty bickering and attempts at one upmanship.

The grim reaper awaits and those that can ward him off cant agree on how to deal with this harbinger of doom.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 21:06   #33
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
It would certainly explain why an established businessman would buy a business without having a clear assessment of the accounts and knowing that there was a large unpaid debt hanging over it.
I'm no fan of conspiracy theories, but that issue is something that I just can't figure out.
Wouldnt the sale of ACCRINGTON STANLEY have to go through companies house so it can be registerd under a new owner?
Old 27-09-2009, 21:09   #34
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Illyas will stay out of the argument and like all good business man though a ASFC fan will do what all good business men do. I hate to say this but the businessman side of him will win and so when ASFC is at its weakest and on its knees he will then act to to take control of the club.

There is that much pulling in all directions i liken it to a man having his limbs torn from his body by horses. All that will be left is a corpse which sadley will be ASFC.

Each party seems to have its own agenda and it is the club that is suffering for it. The whole ruddy lot of them need their heads banged together in order with luck to knock some sense into them all. The club comes first which has been lost amongst all the petty bickering and attempts at one upmanship.

The grim reaper awaits and those that can ward him off cant agree on how to deal with this harbinger of doom.
why am i getting very WORRIED for the FUTURE of our STANLEY
Old 27-09-2009, 21:12   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
why am i getting very WORRIED for the FUTURE of our STANLEY
I know that feeling Mab and couldnt hold it in any longer i had to say what i did they way it all comes across to me. I hope there is a future so i am crossing my fingers.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 21:38   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Maybe you should make your "reminder" available for all parties to see, SM. I must admit, I haven't had sight of it, but when you described it to me, even on a busy Friday afternoon in Peel Street, I felt, a cold, dark chill run through my heart, and I'm sure any true Stanley would feel the same. Perhaps, to actually see this document would concentrate minds on what could be the true consequences of the present situation for our club and would spur the participants on to find a solution!

Owww means i have to see it & be saddened again but if that what it takes wyn it seems no option but least buys a little time to seriously consider the consequences.....here come the tears as it chilled me when sent the scan copy curtesy of Gregor who sent it to me to be displayed at the exhibition, so some of you have seen it there or may of overlooked it, but here it is again...........with begging that history wont lend itself to repeat No football club - no players, no ground & no staff most of all no fans to support it other than in memory ..again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 632.jpg (227.4 KB, 53 views)

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 27-09-2009 at 21:44.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 22:02   #37
Super Moderator

Thanks, SM.

Heartbreaking reading for anyone who loves the club. Read and take note, all relevant parties!
Old 27-09-2009, 22:12   #38
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Owww means i have to see it & be saddened again but if that what it takes wyn it seems no option but least buys a little time to seriously consider the consequences.....here come the tears as it chilled me when sent the scan copy curtesy of Gregor who sent it to me to be displayed at the exhibition, so some of you have seen it there or may of overlooked it, but here it is again...........with begging that history wont lend itself to repeat No football club - no players, no ground & no staff most of all no fans to support it other than in memory ..again.
One would hope that common sense will prevail and that the ghosts of 1962 will remain just that. Each of us has good cause to be worried, not because of what could happen; but by what is happening. The clubs response to this situation as been at best inept and was it not for true unsung heroes’ likes of Willie and the Ultras and Rob and the OSC and individual supporters of both Stanley and other local clubs little would have been achieve; from what I see and read all the club as managed is a little more than £14k for the Darlo game and even that wouldn’t have been possible without the sacrifice of the clubs employees.

The Club won’t die this time…I’m sure that Mr. Khan will do the honourable thing and give Mr. O’Neil a respectable way out. However; this action alone will change the face of Stanley forever, it will without doubt become a business and without any regard for love, affection or pride it will stand or fall by the size of the gates and the market place as all businesses do.

The greatest shame is that so much could have been, should have been and still can be achieved by taking sentiment out of the equation and marketing this club with a hard cold heart. Accrington and its people, its businesses and its council all have a role to play in the future of Accrington Stanley. The worst of it is, it is so bloody easy to do……….Basic Marketing. Cut the crap about nostalgia and stupid milk adverts….and market the connection between town and club, market what happened on that park on Friday Night both on the Pitch and in the stands.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Stanleymad; 28-09-2009 at 16:59. Reason: arterix's family forum
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 22:47   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Maybe you should make your "reminder" available for all parties to see, SM. I must admit, I haven't had sight of it, but when you described it to me, even on a busy Friday afternoon in Peel Street, I felt, a cold, dark chill run through my heart, and I'm sure any true Stanley would feel the same. Perhaps, to actually see this document would concentrate minds on what could be the true consequences of the present situation for our club and would spur the participants on to find a solution!
I agree wholeheartedly Wyn!...Like many other 'true' fans I have absolutely NO idea what the true picture of the 'fiscal' Status Quo at Accrington Stanley.F.C.Ltd is, and I don't think that I, or anyone else are going to be informed of this !..hence we are peering through an extremely opaque fog of mystery and frustration at the scenario relating to 'The Debts' and their eventual resolution !.

Neither have I, and I suspect neither have other 'ordinary' supporters, a complete picture of the exact situation relating to the relationship existing between ASFC and the ASSC !...,reading and hearing so many mixed reports, opinions , and now recriminations relating to intransigent dealings between these factions each of whom purport to have the survival of 'OUR' Club at the very forefront of their agendas !.

What I do have is a real and heartfelt longing that somebody or some agency will provide me with THE TRUTH !!...as this ongoing web of prevarication can do nothing but alienate, perhaps permanently, not only myself,and a large proportion of those who love 'The Reds' (And have given of their Hard-earned and well-saved money!) but also those who make up 'the Community' from which a new-Fanbase can hopefully be culled!!...
I'm certain that by now some Citizens of Hyndburn...and indeed the Whole Football Family will be seeing the Club as no longer an entity to be helped out of it's troubles, but as an object of derision which doesn't deserve any support !.

If this is the case then even before 'The potential Demise' of Accrington Stanley, several culpable individuals will need to hang their heads in shame at the damage that has already been done in the Hearts and minds of 'The Fans'.

I really do feel slighted by this breakdown in trust and the inability of those who are able to make an Honest Statement relating to their intentions in relation to the Salvation of 'The Club that wouldn't die '

'STANLEY'.....'WHAT ARE THEY DOING AT YOU ???'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 23:29   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
Well expressed macca. Unfortunately if ASFC doesn't dig itself out of the hole HMRC are going for a 'winding up order' - not administration - which means complete closure, out of business. It saddens me to be the bearer of such news.

Can anyone confirm this ?????

Winding up order ?? does that mean hmrc just close you down or

does it mean Administration ???

BIG QUESTION ???

Any answers ??
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 23:30   #41
mab
God Member

Nice post yonmon!! lets hope things will become clear over the next few days and we get back on track and deal with the job at hand
Old 27-09-2009, 23:46   #42
bdc

My guess is that going by Hyde as an example, HMRC went for a winding up petition and they were put out of business. As Stanley have a winding up order against them I would think they cant go into administration and would just go out of business.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 23:52   #43

As an Accrington lad far away from the scene, I haven't any idea about the extend of the overall situation. I do however find it incredible that the statement was issued, especially at this time. It's all been said on this thread - massive own goal against all the folk who are working so hard up there to help pay the taxman .Other clubs and their supporters must wonder if they've wasted their time. I read into it the either Mr O'N is getting his excuses in first or conversely is sure the debt can be repaid and couldn't wait to swipe at an offer he seems to resent. Reading all the great tales of unity on the terraces, why oh why did he see fit to wreck the mood and dampen spirits. As has already been said, there is no time/place for any ego stuff, even from the Chairman.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 08:46   #44
God Member

I've kept quiet on this but I have given some hard earned cash to various collectors and fund raisers. In fact, I currently owe someone £5 in sponsorship for their efforts.

But, I don't know if I want to pay it and I certainly don't want to offer any more money to anyone else with this all going on.

Clarity is one thing - but now is the not the time for it - do all this behind closed doors and raise the money that's needed. If I'm hesitating in paying up my sponsorship, then I'm sure that other people will be thinking the same and the money will never get raised.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 09:10   #45
Resting In Peace

Why have the 2007-2008 accounts not been lodged with Companies House ?

Why has the share transfer from Eric Whalley to DON not been lodged with Companies House ?

Why has DON's appointment as Director/Chairman not been lodged with Companies House ?

Why has Marcelle's appointment as Chairperson not been lodged with Companies House ?

Why will DON not tell everybody the extent of the Club's debts ?

Has DON got any money or did he borrow to pay Eric ?

Is the £100k he gave Eric in October 2008 to stave off the winding up order registered as a loan in the accounts ?

If he borrowed and the £100k is registered as a loan, is he going to take money from the Club when he can (when the Football League payment of £160k is paid at the end of October)

At the Fan's Forum DON told everybody that he knew the Club's financial position when he bought Eric's shares and that he had no intention of putting any money into the club, how did he expect to pay the debt ?

ASSF want to invest money into the Club not buy DON's shares from him. Buying DON's shares will not put any money into the Club but only into DON's back pocket. A share issue will put money into the Club allowing it to pay it's debts.

If only DON would tell us the whole truth and be transparent then we would all know what the true position with the Club is and we would know what we have to do to try to save it.

Come on DON tell everybody the whole truth, publish the accounts which you promised to do at the Fans Forum, let us know the true position and then let's stop squabbling.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..