Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2009, 15:07   #61
God Member

Re: ASSF response to The Dons programme notes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long time red View Post
the Board are decent hard working people who contribute what they can in money and more importantly time.
as do the Supporters Club, as do the Ultras, as do the countless other Supporters who don't operate under a banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long time red View Post
I feel that Mr Khan is fully aware that no one involved with the club as that sort of disposable money.( David O'Neil aside because I dont know enough about the man,)
this is a worrying statement, I know everyone of the board members and count some as personal friends. But if they are all potless then should they really be responsible for a Football League club? Although football is a business, very few people in football (aside from players) make any money from it for one very good reason - it is a results led business. Win promotion and the good times roll., until you get in the league above and start losing again!

The high management of a football club need to have funds available for the lean times, and between them it would appear that our club does not have that luxury.
Old 28-09-2009, 15:43   #62
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
so:

£80k already in the slush bucket
£90k (£18k per month x 5 months, June, July,August,Sept, October - budgeted for)
£45k Professor Glasson and ASSF donations ("in the bank they can have it back tomorrow if they wish" Daves words fans forum)

the Chairman and woman, Vice-Chair, and board of directors need to find £31k between them for Ilyas to triple the sum and the debt will be be paid in full. WE ARE SAVED!
All they need to do now is pay it to the tax man!!!! If only it was that simple. I reckon it's more like:

£80k already in the slush bucket
£90k (never budgeted for)
£45k Donations - already spent
Chairman and woman, Vice-Chair and board of directors - nothing - Ilyas will treble that which equals nothing

Total £80k so we still have to find £228k. LONG WAY FROM SAVED
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 15:47   #63
God Member

Question Re: ASSF response to The Dons programme notes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Ilyas Khan has now stated that he will not only equal what the other directors put into the SOS fund but he will put in double what they put in in total, which means that for every £1 that O'Neill and Lazarus put into the SOS fund he will put in £2.
Where have you got this information from Jeff ????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 16:04   #64
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Where have you got this information from Jeff ????
Ilyas Khan
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 16:16   #65
God Member

Smile Re: ASSF response to The Dons programme notes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Ilyas Khan
Cheers Jeff

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 16:58   #66

I am around from now till 7.15pm and then later on (after 9.30pm) and will answer any questions posted on this board. Please dont send me private questions - its just too difficult to manage both a private dialogue and posting on this board.

Doug, I have read your various comments. Please go ahead now and ask me whatever is on your mind. Including any concerns you might have about my feeling for Stanley or fears that my involvement might mean a lessening of attachment to the club in "true fan" terms.

I will keep on the forum and try to be quick with my answers. as always i promise transparency and clarity. If you feel I have not answered your question, then I will try again. My only interest, now, and pretty much since 1992 when I made my first donation to the club is for the club to survive and do as well as possible.

Ilyas
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 17:12   #67
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Evening Ilyas.. Q..what do you hope to gain from letting the ASSF using your money, if Mr ONiel lets it happen to buy new shares in a share issue
Old 28-09-2009, 17:12   #68
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
I am around from now till 7.15pm and then later on (after 9.30pm) and will answer any questions posted on this board. Please dont send me private questions - its just too difficult to manage both a private dialogue and posting on this board.

Doug, I have read your various comments. Please go ahead now and ask me whatever is on your mind. Including any concerns you might have about my feeling for Stanley or fears that my involvement might mean a lessening of attachment to the club in "true fan" terms.

I will keep on the forum and try to be quick with my answers. as always i promise transparency and clarity. If you feel I have not answered your question, then I will try again. My only interest, now, and pretty much since 1992 when I made my first donation to the club is for the club to survive and do as well as possible.

Ilyas
Mr. Khan, I can understand the reasons for your holding back until now; I have no doubt that the miss judged statement from Mr. O’Neil in the Clubs Programme opens the door.

From each and every perspective I would implore all interested parties to conduct themselves with the utmost dignity and respect.

At this moment I have one simple question Mr. Khan. Are you the man to lead Accrington Stanley out of this situation and take us forward?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 17:22   #69

Hello Mab. i dont have anything to gain. i do not believe it is possible to run, or own ASFC for "gain". this club needs the support of people who love it for what it is. On that basis, as I have said many times before, and over a period of years, I am not able to be involved in the club, and the ASSF is a good way of putting money to work for the club, and with the involvement of a wide variety of people who have the club's best interests at heart. Anyone who is interested can become part of the ASSF.

On the question of the share issue, it is no longer going to be something dictated by Mr O Neil. Unless he can put up the money, the club will have no choice but to recapitalise. All directors are legally obliged to work in the best interests of the club, and if no other alternative is available, then there will have to be a recapitalisation (or share issue). At that point i hope that the ASSF (and all fans) can become shareholders.

If i have not answered your questions, please say so, dont let this evening pass whilst you think i have misunderstood or avoided your point.
Old 28-09-2009, 17:24   #70
Senior Member+

Hello Eastern Red.....

If you/the Assf get it, whats the plan afterwards... Who is chairman? Who hires & fires? etc etc

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 17:25   #71
Member.

I have little doubt of you sincerity or you love for Accrington Stanley. In reality you are perhaps the only person who can deliver the means to take us forward.

You have on more than one occasion stated that you do not want to own or run the club; this I can understand given your position and commitment to your business; but given you means would it not be easier to have taken steps to give Mr. O’Neil a way out of his commitment to the club via a direct purchase of his and any other share holdings held by the board who aren’t prepared to reinvest and end any doubt as to the future of the club.

This would end any uncertainty and allow you to bring together the right people to take the club forward on a proper business footing.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 17:28   #72

Doug, I am very sad to say that NO, I am not your man. I only have cash. I have responded to requests for cash from the club on many many occasions, and in many ways. Way back before Eric Whalley became chairman, I was offered the club, and I refused due to my lack of expertise, and my being a long way from Accrington.

In the recent few months, in fact from about January this year, I became aware that Mr Whalley wished to sell. He wanted £1million for his shares. I did not buy them at that share and in fact then became aware of the great debts. Later, I think in February or March, I met O Neil. I wished him well, but I was against his idea that money should be borrowed to pay off Mr Whalley. I do not believe in debt. At that time I asked Mr O Neil not to get involved unless he had the deep pockets to do so. I told him that it would be detrimental to the club and the town if he got involved without the means to see it through. Mr O Neil assured me he had the money, and on that basis I supported him. In fact you will not be aware of other cash i have given this year in addition to the £25k you are aware of. The point of what I am saying is that all I can offer is cash, and I have no expectation of profit or gain. What I hope is for discipline - hence the ASSF which could run the club.

As I say above, if this does not answer your question, please let me know. I am happy to try and expand.
Old 28-09-2009, 17:32   #73

Willie. Thank you for your question. I have had this conversation on a number of occasions with Mr O Neil. As noted below, when i first met O Neil i told him he should NOT get involved with the club unless he has the cash to get on with teh job. Clearly he not only has not got the cash, but since he knew about the £300k debt when he took over, he has put us all in danger. That is worse than simply being prepared to "hire and fire".

At this point the ASSF, which has a broad array of people woudl get involved. Also, as you may recall, Bumble has kindly offered to take up the Chair if i put up the cash. He could act as interim (and much respected) chair whilst a professional CEO is hired.He is currently in South Africa, so I do not know if his past offer is still valid, but I do not think getting a professional will be a problem. the problem is CASH.

I respect your forthright views, and I am sure you will tell me if i have missed something.
Old 28-09-2009, 17:36   #74

doug - my message above may have crossed with your second post at 18.25

I am prepared to buy out oneil. that is why i continue to insist on transparency. How much did he pay whalley and what were the terms. Once i know that, I can at least make an offer. I have no interest in pursuing a vendetta here. the future of the club is too precious. the problem here is that oneil took over the club and promised me he had the money to see it through, and the reason that i am so angry is that this debt, to HMRC, was known about since at least last christmas, and yet oneil played poker with our club's future.
Old 28-09-2009, 17:37   #75

Hi Ilyas,
What would happen if the Chairman and the directors point blankly refused a recapitalisation. Would you allow the Club to go into admin or fold altogether? You must have seen all the hard work the supporters are putting in, but alas I feel it will fall short of the amount required, unless some big backer is found pretty quickly. I realise I am putting you on the spot, don't answer if you feel you souldn't. I feel that there is a lot more revelations to come out of the Club yet and not all good. But thats only my opinion. Thanks
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..