Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2009, 17:41   #76
Senior Member+

Re: ASSF response to The Dons programme notes ...

Mr O'Neill has said that he offered you the chance to step in once he realised the gravity of the appearance at the High Court. At the time, he said let the judge know that you have the funds to pay off the bill & we will sort the share issue out on my return to Accrington? Truth or falsehood.

Also, if Eric wanted out & you wouldn't buy it. Surely, we should be happy that Mr O'Neill stepped in ? Presuming no owner/no club?

Thirdly, what is stopping all these issues being sorted out properly & businesslike around a boardroom table? Seems to me, at the mo, fans are being asked to choose sides & its impossible. Ultras are just fund raising like mad & being congratulated on one half of the support & ridiculed by others as for being "used".

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2009, 17:42   #77
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
Hello Mab. i dont have anything to gain. i do not believe it is possible to run, or own ASFC for "gain". this club needs the support of people who love it for what it is. On that basis, as I have said many times before, and over a period of years, I am not able to be involved in the club, and the ASSF is a good way of putting money to work for the club, and with the involvement of a wide variety of people who have the club's best interests at heart. Anyone who is interested can become part of the ASSF.

On the question of the share issue, it is no longer going to be something dictated by Mr O Neil. Unless he can put up the money, the club will have no choice but to recapitalise. All directors are legally obliged to work in the best interests of the club, and if no other alternative is available, then there will have to be a recapitalisation (or share issue). At that point i hope that the ASSF (and all fans) can become shareholders.

If i have not answered your questions, please say so, dont let this evening pass whilst you think i have misunderstood or avoided your point.
Thankyou Ilyas you've answered my question and the futures looking BRIGHT already
Old 28-09-2009, 17:44   #78

Hello Tommy. good evening to you - have we met ? I am sorry, but I know most of the people on this forum, but in your case I cant recall, so forgive me for that.

your question is absolutely spot on. Right now, I believe that the directors MUST take all steps to avoid trading illegally. This means that if they turn down the recapitalisation, they must have an alternative. Right now, I believe that the directors must assume they are not trading insolvently (a technical term) as they believe there must be alternatives.

also, I totally agree that there are other revelations yet to be made. Just by way of example, why have the new directors still not appeared on the official register at companies' house ? also, as we know, PAYE has not been paid for some time, and if £300k is the historic debt, what is the actual debt ?

finally, Tommy, I have offered Oneil a route out. If they dont want a share issue, then I will match his cash in the form of a donation. I believe that in trying times, we must put the club first, and I have compromised by saying that I will match the director's commitment. Over the years I have put much more money into the club than Oneil, but I dont therefore simply say "no more". If O neil puts more into the club, I will match him, and on the same conditions.

by the way, in that famous friday programme note, he tells people to "give" unconditionally. I note he has not made any donation unconditionally at this critical point. Every penny counts, and I am sure we would all take great pleasure and comfort if directors matched the efforts of supporters. Ms Lazarus and O neil should lead the way and put up cash at this critical stage.
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 17:51   #79

Yes we have met many years ago in John Alty's day. Thanks for the reply, I don't think that there will be much funding forthcoming from the directors, I would not think any of them have spare cash to throw at the Club. You have reasured me that the Club will not fold. I don.'t think I could go through another 1962.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 17:52   #80

Willie. I assume that some of your last post at 18.41 has been answered ? however i will quickly address the points again - for the avoidance of doubt.

firstly, at no time did anyone at the club ever offer to hand over control. In fact if you see the ASSF statement today, you will see the way things progressed. In fact it is due to the ASSF letter that the court actually eased away from summary insolvency. I also can confirm that Oneil was utterly opposed to any capital that meant he would lose control and when I told him he was putting himself above the interests of the club, and that no one is bigger than the club, he refused to acknowledge our offer. As i say, the statement from ASSF could not be clearer, and many more people were involved in addition to me or oneil.

also, just to reiterate, I supported oneil's purchase. I turned down eric's offer of £1million for his shares, and my only concern when oneil took over was to tell him, in no uncertain terms, that running football clubs in league 2 is not a "business" and he shoudl only do so if he had the means to see it through.

On your last point, i must say that you better ask oneil. I did not write that programme note on friday. also his emails to me and his comments to others have all been one-way traffic. From my standpoint i have noted your comments on this board that have been negative towards me, as indeed are your current questions. I continue to believe, however, that I shoudl reply and be transparent. Again, if i have missed your point, say so, and i will continue to try to address your concerns.

finallly, my ONLY interest is the future of our club. I am from accrington. this is my home. the first thing i tell people when we meet, is that i am from accy. I have nothing to prove in this regard, so if you, or others dont know "where i am coming from" then you really are trying too hard to see theories where they dont exist. Right now I am not aware of anyone else. Thats right NO ONE ELSE has stepped up at this critical time. Please tell me if you think my interest is somehow in bad faith, since that is what you seem to imply. forgive me if i am wrong.
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 18:14   #81
Senior Member+

I apologise if any comments appeared negative, on the contrary, I posted a pic of you at Harrogate in the hope that fans would remember how long & how passionate you have been a supporter. I think I did post saying that who is better a millionaire with pocket change to spend or a steward who gives his wage back. And I still stand by that!

I care not if I am truly honest about who runs the club as long at is is run in a way that supporters can feel proud. I have no interest in much of the "guts" of the debate. It just seems we are being herded into forming opinions of a "good side" and a "bad side"......

It is though, at the mo, a shambles....

On the basis of theories, unfortunately, folk are sceptical that any business man would just effectively "give" away £250k for nothing (business wise).

However, as a last point, the more I listen to you & the ASSF, the more I think we are being shafted & "used"...........

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 28-09-2009, 18:16   #82
God Member

Hi ilyas, im finding like many others whom wasnt able to attend the original meeting regarding assf, i havent met u personally so cannot formulate an opinion, tho have met DOn a few so have more idea what he is about. My main worry is that im unsure of your intentions should u aquire the share holding majority? How would the running of the club or by whom would u appoint? How would u or the assf change the future of the club & what would change or improve? What will be improved than previous chairs by your/ASSF takeover ? As from a small business point of view would u or assf utilise our local businesses would it be 2 way? Sorry lots of Q's

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 18:19   #83
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
I apologise if any comments appeared negative, on the contrary, I posted a pic of you at Harrogate in the hope that fans would remember how long & how passionate you have been a supporter. I think I did post saying that who is better a millionaire with pocket change to spend or a steward who gives his wage back. And I still stand by that!

I care not if I am truly honest about who runs the club as long at is is run in a way that supporters can feel proud. I have no interest in much of the "guts" of the debate. It just seems we are being herded into forming opinions of a "good side" and a "bad side"......

It is though, at the mo, a shambles....

On the basis of theories, unfortunately, folk are sceptical that any business man would just effectively "give" away £250k for nothing (business wise).

However, as a last point, the more I listen to you & the ASSF, the more I think we are being shafted & "used"...........
I agree with this view.

As far as the winding up order and the club. If O'Neill wasnt to sell to ASSF or anyone for that matter, what you the high court rule ?. Would it be that
they can forsee the sale to someone willing to takeover with the best intrests at heart or just to let the club crash and burn.

Could someone also explain what assets the club has except the staff, and club name.

Regards
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 18:22   #84
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
I agree with this view.

As far as the winding up order and the club. If O'Neill wasnt to sell to ASSF or anyone for that matter, what you the high court rule ?. Would it be that
they can forsee the sale to someone willing to takeover with the best intrests at heart or just to let the club crash and burn.

Could someone also explain what assets the club has except the staff, and club name.

Regards
I read at length the Hyde United one, they HAD been wound up but could appeal the decision within 7 days, However to appeal they had to prove solvency... £35k they thought would do it....

therefore, i would presume that if the judge could see a viable alternative then we will be okay....

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 28-09-2009, 18:22   #85
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
Willie. I assume that some of your last post at 18.41 has been answered ? however i will quickly address the points again - for the avoidance of doubt.

firstly, at no time did anyone at the club ever offer to hand over control. In fact if you see the ASSF statement today, you will see the way things progressed. In fact it is due to the ASSF letter that the court actually eased away from summary insolvency. I also can confirm that Oneil was utterly opposed to any capital that meant he would lose control and when I told him he was putting himself above the interests of the club, and that no one is bigger than the club, he refused to acknowledge our offer. As i say, the statement from ASSF could not be clearer, and many more people were involved in addition to me or oneil.

also, just to reiterate, I supported oneil's purchase. I turned down eric's offer of £1million for his shares, and my only concern when oneil took over was to tell him, in no uncertain terms, that running football clubs in league 2 is not a "business" and he shoudl only do so if he had the means to see it through.

On your last point, i must say that you better ask oneil. I did not write that programme note on friday. also his emails to me and his comments to others have all been one-way traffic. From my standpoint i have noted your comments on this board that have been negative towards me, as indeed are your current questions. I continue to believe, however, that I shoudl reply and be transparent. Again, if i have missed your point, say so, and i will continue to try to address your concerns.

finallly, my ONLY interest is the future of our club. I am from accrington. this is my home. the first thing i tell people when we meet, is that i am from accy. I have nothing to prove in this regard, so if you, or others dont know "where i am coming from" then you really are trying too hard to see theories where they dont exist. Right now I am not aware of anyone else. Thats right NO ONE ELSE has stepped up at this critical time. Please tell me if you think my interest is somehow in bad faith, since that is what you seem to imply. forgive me if i am wrong.
Taking the points you raise in the latter part of post 80.

I am from Accy and proud of it; like you I tell everyone I meet and I tell of my pride in the Club, for which I often face ridicule, but it as never dented my pride or belief in the club or the town. I’ve been over here for 30 odd years. So I along with many other will know what drives you in that respect.

In respect of negative comments and I’m sure I’ve made a few, I don’t know you, we have never met and I can only take you and Mr. O’Neil at face value. The recent posts I have made have been reactive; probing for a response from one or other of you; desperately hoping that one of you would step forward and resolve this issue once and for all…..I was two young to feel the effect of 62, but I was scared by the effect it had on my grandfather and it as stayed with me throughout my life.

Mr. Khan, cash, love, affection and pride will not sustain Accrington Stanley alone; it needs to become a business first and it needs to be developed in partnership with the town. There is no shortage of Pride, Love or Affection, it’s in all of us now…..but the cash aspect is troubling, just how much will be needed to get us to that first stage, becoming a sustainable business and are you prepared to keep on donating funds until it can stand on it’s own two feet…

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 18:26   #86

I hope the share issue happens I will gladly put some money into the club if I knew what was happening with the money as would most people or fans. I think its the only way forward to involve as many people as possible and for them to feel its their team in more ways than name alone.

Good luck Ilyas I hope your successful in your aims involving the club to me your the only honest and credible person in this whole affair.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 18:26   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
I read at length the Hyde United one, they HAD been wound up but could appeal the decision within 7 days, However to appeal they had to prove solvency... £35k they thought would do it....

therefore, i would presume that if the judge could see a viable alternative then we will be okay....
I sincerley hope this is the case. The rumours of a man coming in and offering Bob Lord the money when they old Stanley went spring to mind horrifically.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 18:33   #88
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Mr Khan I was at the meeting when the ASSF was thought up and you came across as a genuine person who answered questions to best of your ability. You may be aware that there is a growing undercurrent that O'Neill is just a puppet and Whalley is still pulling the strings hense his reluctance to deal with yourself and the ASSF, do you think this is possible?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 18:37   #89
God Member

Think the biggest problem Ilyas is i have is that i havent met u to formulate the opinion nor is sure of your & the assf's intentions as far as the future of asfc is concerned, many a bad chairman has been & gone....well former one still hangs around that worries me more on a serious note. How would u or the assf run the club differently on all levels?

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 28-09-2009, 18:40   #90
God Member

It does need love & affection Doug but also needs a chairman & co to know how to run a league club 1st & financially is foremost, something which has elluded our chairmen in our history!!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..