Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2009, 19:14   #106
Member.

Re: ASSF response to The Dons programme notes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
doug and bagpuss - in that order if i may.

doug, i am afraid stanley is not a business. It might well become one in due course, but for the past many years, and right now, its not. the biggest issue is that there is no budget for players. the main reason i keep banging on about a share issue is that it is the only way to ensure we have enough in the bank to give the manager some cash to buy players, and then, by being successful, attract crowds and sponsorship, to become bigger. i agree it SHOULD be a business, but right now, that is not the case. Of course, it can get more solvent, but it requires fresh and significant capital.
Two years ago (26 September) I started my own business because of personal dissatisfaction with the main stream and for the love and belief in my work, it’s a labour of love that has lead me to £50k of debt and its now I realise I should have taken a more realistic view of what I was doing, love won’t sustain my business, graft will see me through to profitability in three years time and then and only then will I be able to sustain myself and do what I set out to do.

Can Stanley sustain itself until such time it becomes a business?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2009, 19:14   #107
Senior Member+

Any idea why a) David would do this b) why Eric wouldn't do a deal & publicly bad mouthed ya (fairy god mother thing?)

Seems a trend.....? (Thats not a dig BTW

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 19:16   #108
God Member

I don't think you'll see any directors putting any cash in for the next few week, if theres been £100K raised in 4 week and its still coming in they'll sit back and wait for the dead line, this has been my thought all along but we cannot do anything about it, we have to get out there and raise funds, we can't take the risk, this is one reason I think you don't see the club organising much, maybe they know it will be paid up

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 19:20   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
I don't think you'll see any directors putting any cash in for the next few week, if theres been £100K raised in 4 week and its still coming in they'll sit back and wait for the dead line, this has been my thought all along but we cannot do anything about it, we have to get out there and raise funds, we can't take the risk, this is one reason I think you don't see the club organising much, maybe they know it will be paid up

Probably, they will wait to see how much is raised Ilyas has already said he will match what the directors put in so I'm sure they would rather take this avenue than the share issue .
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 19:31   #110

willie. you see a trend do you ?what, of two people ? perhaps three if you are counted.

I am afraid a bulletin board is not a good place to conduct such dialogues - this is now the second time in two hours i believe you are being negative without cause. Yes, its fair to ask questions, and yes, i open myself up to being addressed in this way by coming on teh bulletin board.

Your faith in eric is laudable. You forget who bankrolled the club whilst he was in charge. You also forget that this tax bill is from his time. And oneil and eric have worked together for a while so when eric sold to oneil, I am sure they must have come to some deal which we are all going to find out about at some point.

listen Willie, if you have genuine questions about me and the offer, then ask them. If, like oneil, you wish to cast aspertions, then i cant stop you, but i can (and will) answer back. I have, over 17 yrs, made donations of hard cash. You and I may not have met, we may never be friends, but I have stated categorically that my interest is the future of the club. the fact that two people (eric and oneil) have got the club into this mess where we are going cap in hand to all and sundry is a disgrace. You choose to forive this for the fact we got into the league. perhaps you should ask eric where we got the cash to fight for the league ? or get acceptable ground standards ?

I ask for no favours, but I will not pretend to sit back and watch our club sink whilst you take pot shots. I have made an offer to put £250,000 into the club. My conditions are firstly - transparency (lets know how much we owe, and to whom), and secondly, that it be equity, not debt, and not handouts. Further, if oneil and eric make donations, with no conditions, i will match. what else do you think i ought to do ? come on willie, speak up. what do you think i ought to do ? pack up and go home ? withdraw the offer so that our club will fold, if not on nov 2nd, then a few months later ?

please answer these questions before you try to score debating points with me on this board. if you prefer to chat face to face, name the place and the time. just as i have told oneil on numerous occasions.
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 19:47   #111

Is everyone else refreshing their page every 10 secs
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 19:51   #112
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
You forget who bankrolled the club whilst he was in charge.

perhaps you should ask eric where we got the cash to fight for the league ? or get acceptable ground standards ?
Isn't this the crux of the problem? Our meteoric rise up the non-league pyramid was not only due to Messrs Coleman and Bell, but also due to the club being bankrolled.

If we didn't have the core support to attract enough revenue streams through the gate and the success on the football pitch was insufficient to attract the revenue streams from advertising/hospitality, etc. during the Eric Whalley years, why should we expect it to be so different under ASSF control?
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 19:53   #113
God Member

Ilyas, beyond the immediate removal of debt, what finance would be made available to the club should ASSF become majority shareholder?

The removal of debt on its own would not suffice as an 'investment' because otherwise ASSF would be in no better a position than the apparently potless current regime. And we all know that the club needs rebuilding from the bottom upwards in order to sustain its current position for any period of time
Old 28-09-2009, 19:55   #114
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Probably, they will wait to see how much is raised Ilyas has already said he will match what the directors put in so I'm sure they would rather take this avenue than the share issue .
Think thats the only option next, as much as the generosity of the people of hyndburn & surrounding towns any more funds to come will be small & yet we still wont of reached the half way point on the ticker counter. Funds are gonna have to be sought elsewhere or face a dim prospect, thus leaving the assf as the final option open to us to keep the club next month, nevermind investing in its future.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 19:57   #115
Senior Member+

Again you get me all wrong......totally wrong. And again I apologise if you think I am bad mouthing you. This is a forum & sometimes words typed into a thread can be read differently at the receivers end...

I just wondered if you had any idea why Eric & David would publically bad mouth you & your ideas. Not negative, not fishing for anything other than your thoughts on why? You may not have any idea... i don't know

After the meeting at your house I was seriously impressed with your passion for the cause. Still am. Every time I hear that you are gonna write a cheque & not be chairman, or even on the board, I wonder why we, as fans, are going to all the effort of fundraising. I worry about the club constantly, i think about ASFC more than anything in my life...

I will leave the questions to others with more "tactful literacy"....

I KNOW you would do the right thing for the club, so would Rob Houseman, Diane, Pete, Rob Russell, Lowiey...... We are all ASFC through & through. And that is why Illyas, whatever dialogue occurs on here & in real life, We will ALWAYS be friends

Stanley Forever

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 20:04   #116

Hi Ilyas

I can fully understand Willie Miller's question. He is only asking as to why Eric and now Dave O'Neil both refused your help. He does not appear to be 'having a pop at you' - just questioning their reasons. With everyone's love of ASFC, it is very hard to understand that they both want to bite the hand that is going to feed them!
Old 28-09-2009, 20:16   #117

The only reason I can see DON not wanting to open talks with the ASSF is because the transperacy will open a barrell of worms. Something is not right and I dont think anyone outside that office knows the truth (as a fact).
Ilyas, I think there is alot of honesty on your part and thank you for answering alot of the questions that people have asked.
Would you be looking for further possible financial backing from business associates and possible potential new backers if/on completion of a takeover by the ASSF ?
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 20:18   #118
God Member

the new share issue would be open to all Jesus. Fans could invest from quids to thousands to tens of thousands
Old 28-09-2009, 20:25   #119
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
the new share issue would be open to all Jesus. Fans could invest from quids to thousands to tens of thousands
Quids ?? i only have 1 quid to spare as the rest has gone into the sos fund...

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 20:26   #120

Are Glasgow Celtic run in a similar way ?
It seems an excellent idea in theory so what percentage of shares would give you a voice ?. It seems like the Buy a Football club idea at Ebbsfleet but with people that actually care.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..