Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: To Drum or Not To Drum?
Bring the drum back! 41 95.35%
Silence that racket 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2006, 08:09   #1
God Member

Atmosphere

Or the lack of it.
Yesterday v Boston really was like an Accy library which was a shame because it was a good high tempo game. There was no electricity until the final 5 minutes.
The answer?
BRING THE DRUM BACK!

I'm certain we can get more for the drum than against it, and though the utilitarianism of it may unsettle some, it's the greater good for the greatest number.

Your thoughts & votes please...
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2006, 08:39   #2
God Member

Re: Atmosphere

Why is it not there in the first place...is it because of the neighbours??? Sod them.Bring it on in.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 09:57   #3
Senior Member+

I think a roof would change things. I stand on the Whinney Hill terrace and there was loads of atmosphere. People shouting out support for the players (especially Todd on that side) and generally enjoying the banter. Maybe you're standing in the wrong place?
Old 17-09-2006, 10:10   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
I think a roof would change things. I stand on the Whinney Hill terrace and there was loads of atmosphere. People shouting out support for the players (especially Todd on that side) and generally enjoying the banter. Maybe you're standing in the wrong place?
I'm in the main stand & once Stanley gets going we can get all of around 30 people shouting & getting involed which is very poor. Obviousy people support the team in their own way but football is a crowd-driven sport and I don't see the sense in coming to a game and not getting vocally excited about it
Anyway, I digress.

The poll is for the drum to add to the atmosphere the singing makes, which perhaps I didn't make clear. The 20 ultras who sing in the Clayton End are a credit to the club - however their noise is inaudible past the half way line. Therefore with the roof an 'impossible dream', the drum is the most realistic way of injecting atmosphere into the game from kick-off.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 10:50   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
A roof would make all the difference to the atmosphere at the ground i got stuck in heavy traffic on the m6 yesterday so i ended up going to fa cup game kidsgvove v leek a ground which has a roof on both ends and the noise created from both sets of fans was loud because of the roofs and this was coming from a attendance of only 395.........
.................................................. .......................:engsmil:
Old 17-09-2006, 14:50   #6

This may be a very petty and immature retaliation to the ban on the drum but if we organised a game where everyone took an air horn ( There about 5 quid each ) That'd give the neighbours something real to complain about, they'd be begging for the drum back
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 15:23   #7
God Member

air horns are equally banned as they are from most league grounds. But the little horns that the kids have would make quite a din if we all had one. Also kazoos' , very annoying but quite loud if out in force.
Old 17-09-2006, 15:39   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF
This may be a very petty and immature retaliation to the ban on the drum
Correct
Old 17-09-2006, 18:02   #9

I Think We Shud Bring The Drum Back It Brings Atmosphere And Im Stood In The Clayton End And Thats Wer I Fink All The Atmosphere Is Really The Main Stand And Whinney Hill Terrace Dont Sing Along With Us
rocketste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 18:02   #10
God Member

How about those 'whurrly' things that you Englisn used to swing at games-(claxtons?) They make a real noise if enough people have them. They still about?
Old 17-09-2006, 18:04   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketste
I Think We Shud Bring The Drum Back It Brings Atmosphere And Im Stood In The Clayton End And Thats Wer I Fink All The Atmosphere Is Really The Main Stand And Whinney Hill Terrace Dont Sing Along With Us
If you sing like you spell,they probably don't comprehend the words.
Old 17-09-2006, 18:27   #12

The drum would go graeat with "Cart On Stanley".

Stanley (bang, bang), Stanley (bang, bang), Stanley (bang, bang), Stanley (bang, bang),

ACCRINGTON STANLEY!!! CART ON STANLEY, CART ON!!!
Old 17-09-2006, 18:32   #13
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF
This may be a very petty and immature retaliation to the ban on the drum
Incorrect I think its the way forward but just for one game to see what it's like.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 19:27   #14
Senior Member+

Perhaps you should take rattles to the match and use phrases such as 'cart on'? That would add real authenticity to the atmosphere. While you're at it, don't forget your woodbines and flat caps.

The drum is banned. Live with it.

(Apologies for not capitalising every word. My keyboard doesn't do that).
Old 17-09-2006, 20:40   #15

Bring it back...anybody stupid enough to move next to the football ground and complain about the noise, shouldn't be allowed to vote, let alone get involved in club issues. I personally say "**** 'em". Bring it back

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..