Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2008, 12:36   #46
God Member

Re: attendances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_was_A_red_ View Post
I dont think playing at home on the same weekend help as rovers helps, fans that attended have been alienated, but vice versa if switched around burnley fans would be. It would be interesting to try and alternate stanleys home games to access if there is a difference possibly?

I think the decision was probably based on the notion that although they play at home the same weekend as Rovers, a large percentage of those games Rovers play will not be played at 3pm on Saturday afternoon due to Sky.
Old 18-02-2008, 12:47   #47

agree. And that rovers would get further in the uefa cup thus more sunday home games. But even so most people arnt made of money and following one team is expensive enough let alone 2 as I know a few that do.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008, 17:21   #48

There must be others, like me, who would gladly buy a season ticket if the cost could be spread out. Not everyone can fork out £200+ at one go so, for me at least, a reduction in actual price doesn't make much difference. A monthly payment scheme would.
As mentioned in other posts, the biggest attraction would be a successful team, but that's out of our hands.
melonhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 18:29   #49
God Member

I would too melonhigh, something i've been on about for a while as simply havent got the outlay of cash up front, definately needs looking into as would get more season ticket holders interest.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 10:05   #50
Resting In Peace

I think the idea of season tickets is to generate money before the season starts. If the price of the ticket was spread monthly it wouldn't benefit the club in the same way.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 12:47   #51
God Member

But then the club would get a continous flow of cash wouldnt it ????? Not only does the start of the season we need a cash flow its also ensuring players wages are paid etc as with any gate money keeping the run of the club sort of speak regularly isnt it??

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 20-02-2008, 12:55   #52
God Member

Maybe the other option is for a three month period to pay by direct debit?
Initially with a decent deposit then three equal payments to come out in May, June & July before the Season kicks off

Or there is still the option of the Flexi Ticket which is a Top Idea that could be done as it is for the ten games or maybe make it five that could be purchased for Birthdays or Christmas? Whatever the more options the more likely of people taking them up! But at the same time you would'nt want to create an admin nightmare

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 20-02-2008 at 12:59.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 13:16   #53
God Member

As I said earlier in the thread the installment system at Burnley is run by an outside source. I've been told that they pay the money up front to the club when they have a signed credit agreement although I can't vouch for that 100%. We have options to pay over 3 months or 10 months. To the club it's a no brainer, it doesn't cost them anything and they make season tickets accessible to a lot more people.

One other option we have is that the club sell vouchers in the club shop. These vouchers are not for general use but can only be put towards a season ticket. Another system to allow people to pay weekly. yes there is an extra element of admin but you can't have Lee sat their doing nowt all day
Old 20-02-2008, 13:22   #54
God Member

Most of all they have to make it worth joining the ellete bunch called season ticket holders, whom have been shafted at times with new innovative ploys in dragging gates in, also giving something back to the season ticket holder, free shirt, good regular discounts, 1st dibs etc as other clubs do.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 20-02-2008, 19:55   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Most of all they have to make it worth joining the ellete bunch called season ticket holders, whom have been shafted at times with new innovative ploys in dragging gates in, also giving something back to the season ticket holder, free shirt, good regular discounts, 1st dibs etc as other clubs do.
Yes, got to feel that me & my mates have felt this over last few years, think that we should, at very least, have some kind of concession for cup games. When club states that Brentford game is £10.00, we have effectively lost £3.00......will Eric buy us a pint, to compensate?? I know that purchasing a season ticket 'entitles' us to two 'free' games, but that advantange is being eroded, year by year. Especially, as for me, I know I'm going to miss a couple at least, but I'm happy to pay, 'cos I think it helps the club. As, indeed, I always buy a programme, & 50/50 tickets!!

However, I really feel that ST holders, having paid their money up front, should have a little 'rub of the green'. Most of us will be happy to buy, knowing that we may miss a few games, so, two 'free' home games does not really compensate for the fact that we place our hopes, up front, for the next full season.

In fact, there are now four of us who are debating on whether we renew or not..... it all depends on the 'deal' that that Eric decides to offer!!

Hopefully,someone from the club reads these comments....so, if you have anything to say, you know how to PM me!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2008, 23:25   #56
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Mmmmmm INTERESTING ONE THIS AND WHAT A GOOD IDEA,ALBION ROVERS ARE TRYING TO TEMPT POLISH MIGRANT WORKERS TO THIS WEEKENDS HOME GAME.. OVER 2000 OF THEM LIVE AND WORK IN THE AREA.. NOW HOW MANY LIVE AND WORK IN AND AROUND ACCRINTON AND SUROUNDING AREA OVER 2000 I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT NOW IF JUST 10% CAME ALONG TO A MATCH AT STANLEY THATS 200 EXTRA FANS !! WHY DONT STANLEY HAVE A GO AT ATTRACTING THIS UNTAPPED FAN BASE
Old 29-02-2008, 07:21   #57
God Member

Popieramy *Stanley*

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 29-02-2008 at 07:24.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2008, 09:37   #58
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
WHY DONT STANLEY HAVE A GO AT ATTRACTING THIS UNTAPPED FAN BASE
I thought they were already trying to do this with the Diversity Committee...or has that idea faded away now?
Old 29-02-2008, 18:27   #59
God Member

the diversity forum was one from the community rather than a Stanley led idea. It was held at the ground and Rob Heys was a member of it - but it didn't exist to promote Stanley, although the club could benefit from its usage.
Old 29-02-2008, 18:29   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Mmmmmm INTERESTING ONE THIS AND WHAT A GOOD IDEA,ALBION ROVERS ARE TRYING TO TEMPT POLISH MIGRANT WORKERS TO THIS WEEKENDS HOME GAME.. OVER 2000 OF THEM LIVE AND WORK IN THE AREA.. NOW HOW MANY LIVE AND WORK IN AND AROUND ACCRINTON AND SUROUNDING AREA OVER 2000 I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT NOW IF JUST 10% CAME ALONG TO A MATCH AT STANLEY THATS 200 EXTRA FANS !! WHY DONT STANLEY HAVE A GO AT ATTRACTING THIS UNTAPPED FAN BASE

I do agree with the sentiment, if three people step forward willing to get involved with this (not current OSC active members) then I'll push for OSC money to fund some kind of Polska drive.

« retain list | webb »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..