Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2007, 21:33   #1
God Member

average wage - distorted

given that the average wage in this league is supposed to 54 grand a year that equates to £1 296 000 between the 24 teams.

We know that we only pay half that average so if we take that off the figure and divide the sum by 23, then the figure goes up to 55.2 grand per year average.

We also know that other clubs in our league are either in the crap financially and on the verge of collapse half the time or have crowds as dire as ours such as Boston, Macc, Bury, Torquay and Rochdale. I would imagine it a fair assumption that they pay roughly the same as us.

So if we factor them into the equation we now get 60k average wage in league 2.

I think that this average is vastly inflated such as the ruse that the average wage in Britain is over £25k whereas in reality the most common wage is around £13k.

What do you reckon the most common wage is and which team are heavily inflating that wage?

I reckon around £35-40k is the norm (in wage case we aint really that far off paying the right sort of wages and that Walsall, Swindon and Franchise FC are paying around 70k with McCleod on about £150 000
Old 02-02-2007, 10:04   #2
Senior Member+

Re: average wage - distorted

Sorry mate, but if you work on the premise that each teams has a squad of 20 players, then 26 million is nearer the target for all teams in league 2 using the average wage.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 17:12   #3
God Member

hmm I would have thought it was obvious I meant average wage per player. Even Eric couldn't get away with 27k for the entire squad. Based on squads of 20 it would be 27 360 000 for the league
Old 02-02-2007, 17:16   #4
God Member

I didn't think any team in your division would be allowed to heavily inflate wages. Isn't there a capping system in place according to attendances ?
Old 03-02-2007, 10:09   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I didn't think any team in your division would be allowed to heavily inflate wages. Isn't there a capping system in place according to attendances ?

I think the capping system relates to your previous years turnover, so the likes of MK Dons, Walsall and Swindon would have had significantly higher gates and sponsorship etc last season. I think it is around 65% of your turnover can be allocated to wages. Previous attempts to get around this system would involve giving the players wife a 'job' at EW Cartons (for example only) on far higher wages than that job really entails and she wouldn't actually have to go to work.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:15   #6
God Member

what you trying to say that the average football chairman is only about 99% honest
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..