Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2005, 10:04   #1
Senior Member+

B&B in gravesend!!

Right you lot who went last season to gravesend, I know a few of you stayed somewhere over night.

Do any of you know of anywhere to stay in gravesend as i have to go down there this weekend and need somewhere to stop.

Any help would be appreiciated.

Thanks
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2005, 10:06   #2
God Member

Re: B&B in gravesend!!

I am pretty sure Henry Morton stopped over.. I recall speaking to him on the day.. Either last season or season before...... 90% sure hes yer man
Old 21-08-2005, 23:58   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
I am pretty sure Henry Morton stopped over.. I recall speaking to him on the day.. Either last season or season before...... 90% sure hes yer man
Correct , Kipax.

I chose Gravesend for my annual holiday (all three days of it) in November 2003 and had a fantastic time !

I stopped at a B&B on the wrong side of Gravesend , though . Nice place but useless for the ground , which is in Northfleet.

There is a substantial Hotel/B&B in Northfleet on the corner at the top of the hill (towards Gravesend) only a half-mile from the ground , but I can't remember its name.

It was offering rooms from £24 at the time , and I remember wishing that I'd known about it beforehand .

Try www.gnfc.co.uk for better info, or search "Northfleet B&B" on Google.

The 'Fleet supporters are some of the most friendly and hospitable you'll ever meet , and make sure that you go for a drink with them in Wetherspoon's in Gravesend on Saturday night.

On Sunday , the buses stop running at 7.00 pm !!
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 00:36   #4

[QUOTE=Henry Morton]Correct , Kipax.

I chose Gravesend for my annual holiday (all three days of it) in November 2003 and had a fantastic time ! [QUOTE]

please tell me you're not serious!!!!

Gravesend - its the place where the dead were buried during the plague. It's an inhospitable grey suburban cast-off.

It's a horrible place. I hope you didn't get the package deal which includes a B&B with balcony overlooking the eight majestic electricity pylons (the eighth wonder of the world) and free chemical tasting session in the bar.

Thats like having a holiday on your toilet brush. If you go for a swim, you get covered in poo poo.!!!

Did you get a sun tan?

Last edited by Adam Cottier; 22-08-2005 at 00:40.
Adam Cottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 00:49   #5
I am Banned

So you enjoyed all those exciting features of your short break in Gravesend too , Adam ?

I bet you can't beat my highlight , though .

From the top deck of the local bus I was able to see the construction site of the new tunnel entrance for Gravesend to St. Pancras .

Bliss !
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 13:23   #6

Sorry Sparkie Id Missed Your Post But If Anyone Is Comming Down To Kent Get In Touch And Ill Try And Get Relavant Info For You.

So Adam What Gives You The Right To Slag Of A Part Of The County That Has A Deep Affection To Me?i Presume That You Have Visited The Pocahontas Experiance, And The Buitiful Parks, And The Promanade Walk Along The River Medway. As With All Areas Of The Country There Are Good And Bad And If Youve Only Been To Gravsend Fc Then Yes That Area Is A Dump
Old 22-08-2005, 13:25   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidstoneaccy
Sorry Sparkie Id Missed Your Post But If Anyone Is Comming Down To Kent Get In Touch And Ill Try And Get Relavant Info For You.

So Adam What Gives You The Right To Slag Of A Part Of The County That Has A Deep Affection To Me?i Presume That You Have Visited The Pocahontas Experiance, And The Buitiful Parks, And The Promanade Walk Along The River Medway. As With All Areas Of The Country There Are Good And Bad And If Youve Only Been To Gravsend Fc Then Yes That Area Is A Dump

its called tongue in cheek humour
Old 23-08-2005, 18:47   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Cottier
its called tongue in cheek humour
God, & arn't you good at that!!!

& you even spelt 'tongue' right!!
Room for you yet in journolism!!

Or should that be 'journalism'??

Even I'm not sure!!

Last edited by KiTChener; 23-08-2005 at 18:53.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 18:48   #9
Senior Member+

thanks guys. We actually ended up staying near the base of the dartford tunnel in one of the motels, as it was the only place that had rooms left.

Thanks for the links and stuff though they were really helpful.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..