Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2009, 22:27   #91
Junior Member+

Re: Barnet F.A.Cup Replay

Great result, and a really decent performance. In the first half Stanley were much the better side; in the second there was the inevitable barrage at one end and a string of breakaways at the other, but we definitely deserved to win. Symes could have had four or five on another day. We had the ball in the net late on, couldn't see who but might have been McConville, but given offside. Jimmy Ryan had a great game - his one that hit the post in the first half was a volley or half-volley from outside the box & was a really good effort. He should have scored late on as well though.

TBH it was more nervewracking than it needed to be in the last 20 mins because if any one of about 6 clear chances had been converted that would have put the whole thing to bed. defence was great though and Boozer didn't have that much to do.

Congratulations all the team & everyone who was there making the usual noise nonstop. Ilyas was on the terrace in front of me having a bit of a sing & giving the liner a bit of grief every now & then.
Nolberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-12-2009, 22:27   #92

I was at the game - but will let more articulate fans describe the scenes. I just want to not only echo the praise that we all feel for Coleman and his boys, but also a special word of thanks and admiration for the group of Ultras who were there. They did not stop singing and shouting for 90mins, and that last 20 mins were awe inspiring for all the other fans, and, i am sure, the boys on the pitch.

I wish to close by paying homage to the team who should have the last word. They chased every ball, went for every tackle, and did not stop believing.

See you all at Leeds !
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 23:33   #93
Senior Member+

Great win, that should bring a few more through the turnstyle. Well done everyone.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 23:39   #94

Absolutely deserved the win tonight, the lads put in another 110% shift across the board. Kempson was almost totally dominant in the air, Edwards was always talking and organising - Bouza is on a sharp learning curve but Phil is seeing him through it. Ryan, as always, was snapping away at heels and winning possession relentlessly, Joyce quietly effective sweeping up and distributing. Kee, Grant and Symes ran the channels well, there's were always a couple of options for the midfield man in possession.

That said, we sometimes gave away possession too easily, and we missed a string of gilt-edged chances - it could easily have been 3 or 4. Coley will no doubt have them practising 1-on-1s, but the key to the recent excellent form was there again - workrate, running off the ball and an indomitable spirit. I've always considered myself fortunate to have been brought up in Accy and to have had the opportunity to nail my colours to the Stanley mast, but this bunch of lads keep giving us so much every game that it's getting difficult to express just how much pride you have in seeing your town team take on and beat all-comers from every corner of the land.

No doubt tomorrow morning I'll have to put up with the usual bunch of mouthy Chelsea fans on the tube talking about a game they haven't been to and the players they've never met. They just don't have a clue, do they?

Thanks to Coley and the lads for another memorable night out.

See you in Notts (Vat & Fiddle before and after for almighty booze-up, if anyone's interested)

Phil
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:37   #95

you reds.

harry potter
Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:13   #96

I see Notts Co are also undefeated at home - are you reading this, Stanley young guns ?
Also Gillingham's away record reads 0-1-9 so are ripe for some 'giant' killing. and then there is a little affair at Leeds - what a difference a few weeks & £308k make eh !
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:41   #97
Senior Member+

i wish i had gone, sounds ace

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:58   #98
Senior Member+

3:45 am!

Just got home, knackered, should have been at LEAST 4-0

ON STANLEY ON!!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:58   #99
God Member

lol @ millie willer!

YOU REEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSS
Old 09-12-2009, 03:04   #100
Senior Member+

I like Illyas's kind words...........

Outsinging the East Terrace is our only crime! On Stanley On, cheeers Paul & Kenneth

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:23   #101
God Member

ASFC-How good are you??? F***** brilliant, F***** brilliant.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:03   #102
God Member

Anyone any match sticks

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:19   #103
Resting in Peace

Respect to all you who went and brought home the bacon.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:55   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Respect to all you who went and brought home the bacon.
This is why I shouldn't read the Stanley forum in the morning, now I will not stop until I get a bacon sandwich
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:27   #105

Well Done Robbbbbbbbbbbbbbb xxxxx

Last edited by barney123; 09-12-2009 at 09:30.
barney123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..