Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2009, 10:24   #106
Junior Member+

Re: Barnet F.A.Cup Replay

It shouldve been more than 1, Stanley missed a host of chances then had a goal ruled out near the end for offside. Was a great game to watch though, I thought Barnet would play better football seeing as they've only lost once at home this season.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:18   #107
God Member

Fantastic performance last night. Barnet were outplayed, and outsung. The team and the Ultras did the club proud. .
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:42   #108
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Right lets not get carried away, gotta win another 4 F.A. cup ties yet to get to Wembley.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:52   #109
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Right lets not get carried away, gotta win another 4 F.A. cup ties yet to get to Wembley.

There's more than one road to Wembley and one of them only requires two more ties.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:58   #110
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
There's more than one road to Wembley and one of them only requires two more ties.
True but was refering to F.A. cup, the other will do i suppose.
Old 09-12-2009, 15:47   #111
God Member

copy of an email received via the Supporters Club (names deleted out though)

My name is **** and I live in Hastings East Sussex but grew up in Accrington until I was 8 years old. I follow Accrington via the newspapers etc and recenlty visited again after 20 years to see relatives. One being ****** ****** as avid fan of Accrington. I don't now whether or not you know him.I saw my first match at Accrington when they played Crewe and won.I am now 70 years old.I also sponsor a player as well to try and put something back into the club.

I'll get to the point. My husband and myself drove up to Barnet last night to see the replay against Barnet .
The fans that came down from Accrington were a credit to the club and when we left to collect our car several of the Barnet fans said to us "Well done" and more said that we had great fans and they enjoyed listening to us. I would be interested to know how many travelled down to the match.

I will be keeping a close eye on the forthcoming match against Gillingham which I know the team will pull out all the stops.

Keep the faith and I apologise for all my waffling.

Happy Christmas

Best regards

always good to pass on the good wishes from fellow fans
Old 09-12-2009, 16:30   #112
Senior Member+

Very very tired, but just wanted to stress, it was Accrington fans not just Ultras who backed the team to the hilt last night.

The last 20 minutes had most of the support screaming "Red Army", young old, male , female. Its a cliche but we quietened the home support with sheer pride & passion.

Proper trip....

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 19:58   #113
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
copy of an email received via the Supporters Club (names deleted out though)

My name is **** and I live in Hastings East Sussex but grew up in Accrington until I was 8 years old. I follow Accrington via the newspapers etc and recenlty visited again after 20 years to see relatives. One being ****** ****** as avid fan of Accrington. I don't now whether or not you know him.I saw my first match at Accrington when they played Crewe and won.I am now 70 years old.I also sponsor a player as well to try and put something back into the club.

I'll get to the point. My husband and myself drove up to Barnet last night to see the replay against Barnet .
The fans that came down from Accrington were a credit to the club and when we left to collect our car several of the Barnet fans said to us "Well done" and more said that we had great fans and they enjoyed listening to us. I would be interested to know how many travelled down to the match.

I will be keeping a close eye on the forthcoming match against Gillingham which I know the team will pull out all the stops.

Keep the faith and I apologise for all my waffling.

Happy Christmas

Best regards

always good to pass on the good wishes from fellow fans
Attendance: 1,288, including 89 Stanley fans.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:57   #114
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
...just wanted to stress, it was Accrington fans not just Ultras who backed the team to the hilt last night.

It was like that night at Watford, but with the right result this time.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..