Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2013, 16:18   #31

Re: Barnet Match Thread

Any 2 of 6 now at the bottom a result against the wombles is a mustcos we still have some tuff one,s to come !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I BELIEVE.

Last edited by stanley convert; 16-03-2013 at 16:21.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2013, 16:28   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well delighted, Barnet i thought shoulda been down to 10 wi our penalty? or does bringing last man down not count any more?
Old 16-03-2013, 16:29   #33

A very entertaining game but nervious last 20 minutes, Molenoux was brill, Ultras sang non stop, Ref was not bad, our goalie played well and a good attendance as well.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 16:33   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The ultras were a credit to Stanley,once again, nowt new yon though.Think they contributed greatly to the commitment shown by the team today.
KiTChener and smobile like this.
Old 16-03-2013, 17:22   #35

Re: Re: Barnet Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
A very entertaining game but nervious last 20 minutes, Molenoux was brill, Ultras sang non stop, Ref was not bad, our goalie played well and a good attendance as well.
Ref was shocking!

How their man stayed on the pitch after the penalty is a mystery to me from where I was sat in the mainstand it seemed if he gave the penalty he had to give the red.

Barnet will be furious with the Red they did get - for Davids second yellow it wasnt him with the foul it was their left back!
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 17:51   #36
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well delighted, Barnet i thought shoulda been down to 10 wi our penalty? or does bringing last man down not count any more?
Agree Cashy. Molyneaux - top player wadda guy. The way the table is stacked atm if we win the game in hand against Wombles we'll jump about four places. Another must win game
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 18:42   #37
God Member

Some mad scouser called Joey Barton tweeted:

Nice first half hat-trick from @Moly24 today. Too good for that league. Should be playing much higher. Great left peg.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 19:29   #38
Senior Member+

No Beattie three points enough said
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 19:32   #39
Resting in Peace

A nerve-racking 3 points in the bag but we can't keep relying on Moly alone. I took my son in law from Sheffield for one of his occasional Stanley games and was singing the praises of our own Gareth Bale on the walk up through Clayton. Boy, did he deliver! We saw the best and worst of Stanley today - great attacking pressure and spirit, but then our age old fault of panicky defensive play when teams put us under pressure. We just couldn't keep possession well enough in the second half to build from the back, relying instead on "anywhere will do" with the result we were a bit fortunate to see the game out. I think we really, really need to work on this aspect of our play if we are to manage enough wins to survive in this league. It's going to be a hairy ride!
Thought Rab had his best game for us today, and Jeffers was much improved from Tuesday.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 20:01   #40

Re: Re: Barnet Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
A nerve-racking 3 points in the bag but we can't keep relying on Moly alone. I took my son in law from Sheffield for one of his occasional Stanley games and was singing the praises of our own Gareth Bale on the walk up through Clayton. Boy, did he deliver! We saw the best and worst of Stanley today - great attacking pressure and spirit, but then our age old fault of panicky defensive play when teams put us under pressure. We just couldn't keep possession well enough in the second half to build from the back, relying instead on "anywhere will do" with the result we were a bit fortunate to see the game out. I think we really, really need to work on this aspect of our play if we are to manage enough wins to survive in this league. It's going to be a hairy ride!
Thought Rab had his best game for us today, and Jeffers was much improved from Tuesday.
We lost our out ball when Lindfield came on and Rommy went in the middle - we went from winning every ball out to the right wing to losing them.

Jeffers should have scored when his good movement was found by a free kick but he let the ball bounce when he could have hooked it first time.

Very happy with 3 points but we should never had let them back into the game. Their never say die attitude was comendable and if they continue playing that way they'll stay up no issues - best Barnet side Ive seen - make no mistake the best team lost.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 20:23   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Disagree Sam, we played em off the park first half, Agree best Barnet side ive seen also n possibly they had the best player on the pitch, but overall a deserved Stanley 3 pts.
Old 16-03-2013, 20:41   #42
Senior Member+

Thumbs down Re: Barnet Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Not really convinced about this Red...whilst not claiming to know the ins and outs of the Goalies Handbook, he appears to me to find himself in the wrong place at critical moments in a game which makes claiming the ball a difficult proposition. From my seat this appeared to be the case with Barnet's first goal...
I totally agree with your 'Hairy Ride' conclusion..but we both know that if you are a Stanley Fan that this comes with the package !...we pay our fare, take the ride,and for some strange reason derive the utmost pleasure from the experience !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 20:49   #43
Senior Member+

Some really good things today, some not so clever.

We won.
Rachubka who still does not inspire confidence, pulled of a good save in the second half, and caught his fair share of crosses. An improvement from him.
Winnard handled alot of there direct balls well and lead the defence.
Aldred had a better game than usual.
Molyneux took his goals well but was also solid defensivly.
Boco kept Barnet busy while he was out on the wing and gave Murphy plenty of help. Boco was also effective in his role as the first line of defence from corners.
Jeffers played very well, he chased down, his first touch was good. He made a few runs which our midfield did not spot and I can see him getting frustrated as his footbaling brain clearly works faster than some of his team mates.
Hatfield kept himself busy and worked hard for the team. Not the most gifted player but in this kind of match I can see where he offers the team much needed legs.
The half time Norwegians made me smile.

The not so good,
I am a Murphy fan but I thought he was poor today and the weakpoint in our defence, his positional play was terrible at times.
the timing of the jeffers subsititution was to soon, Jeffers was causing them problems and could have stayed on longer. Gray didnt offer anything when he came on.
The Lindfield sub unless Hatfield was injured was the wrong call, craig had a poor game on the right of midfield and offered nothing.
I am not convinced the defensive midfield duo of Linganzi and Joyce is the long term answer, not enough offered going forward and neither seemed willing to put their foot on the ball and make things happen. The lack of playmaker is a concern.

On the whole ,I felt Barnet deserved a point.
They where the better team in the second half by some distance, our midfielders stopped running beyond the striker and it was clear at times we where trying to see the game out.
We had no one in the team who could put there foot on the ball and make things happen.
I also felt sorry for Edgar Davids who at times was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch, not a sending off by all accounts.

A welcome 3 points but not a convincing display.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 21:04   #44

Just about deserved the win today. First goal was soft as mistake by their defender, not Moly's cleanest hit and felt keeper was slow getting down. They looked nervous at the back after that and the lad technically should have been sent off for the penalty as it was as he denied a goal scoring attempt.

Have to credit Davids at that point, as he substituted the centre back, went back there himself and began to run the game from there. I thought he was fantastic and a treat to see him play on our pitch. He was full of running - unbelievable to think he's 40.

Their second goal came from a throw in that should have gone our way and I felt we were shaky all afternoon when they applied a little pressure and could have easily conceded again. Was a blessing for us when David's was sent off as their spark went with him.

Linganzi had another good game, he's strong and puts a real shift in and thought Joyce also did ok. Molyneux really has got a wand of a left foot. Thought Hadfield made a difference - didn't let them settle on the ball and used it well when he had it.

Way other results went today means Tuesday's game is just as big and players will have to be up for it just as much as they were today. Haven't seen Leam so animated and vocal on the touch line as he was today and that was good to see. Much more fight and spirit shown today than the Fleetwood game and the team changes worked.

It's going to go to the wire and eve got to keep fighting

Last edited by Jeg Red; 16-03-2013 at 21:10.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 21:18   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The snakes team are at Torquay on tuesday, that should be a result to watch.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..