Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2016, 22:05   #16
God Member

Re: Barnet match thread

I've been one of Mr. McConville's critics but have also recognised when he's had a good game, and will accept he's earned his place this season. But where in this thread has anyone said otherwise?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2016, 22:17   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Of course it was Sean's fault - what isn't? This constant criticism of the lad, no matter what he does is wearing a bit thin - yes, we threw the 3 points away but by no means was it the fault of any one player - fgs give the lad a break!!
How do you know who I was talking about, Accy Mad? Anyway he was hopeless today and crying out to be subbed. Nothing was was working for him in contrast to our other attackers, we desperately needed an injection of quality which surely the L2 player of the month would have provided. So did you think Sean had a good game and shouldn't have been subbed? Anyway, my constant criticism" is mainly aimed at Coley and Jimmy who refuse to see our weakest link.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2016, 22:21   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I've been one of Mr. McConville's critics but have also recognised when he's had a good game, and will accept he's earned his place this season. But where in this thread has anyone said otherwise?
The term 'golden boy' doesn't usually mean anyone else & as next post shows I was right in my assumption
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2016, 22:28   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
How do you know who I was talking about, Accy Mad? Anyway he was hopeless today and crying out to be subbed. . was was working for him in contrast to our other attackers, we desperately needed an injection of quality which surely the L2 player of the month would have provided. So did you think Sean had a good game and shouldn't have been subbed? Anyway, my constant criticism" is mainly aimed at Coley and Jimmy who refuse to see our weakest link.
I knew who you meant as your criticism is usually aimed at him! If the lad so much as misplaces a pass, I can guarantee it won't go unnoticed. And yes, as it happens I think Sean did ok in the main today - but that's football, it's all about opinions
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2016, 22:58   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I knew who you meant as your criticism is usually aimed at him! If the lad so much as misplaces a pass, I can guarantee it won't go unnoticed. And yes, as it happens I think Sean did ok in the main today - but that's football, it's all about opinions
Fair enough. We'll leave it at that then.
Old 27-02-2016, 23:02   #21
Senior Member+

Most right backs must relish the prospect of playing against McConville because they know (and we all know) exactly how he will play. Given the ball when he is on the wing, he will try to cut back (or pass back) at the earliest opportunity. The reality today was the only threat from our left wing came when Matty Pearson made purposeful runs. How many times did Piero and Halliday link up today? And, by contrast, how many times was there any link up between full back and winger on the left?

I have said before that substitutions are proving to be Coley's Achilles heel. It seemed to me that when Barnet went down to 10 men, there was a choice to be made. We could either hold on to what we had (and therefore bring on Buxton or Proccy or Wakefield) or really go at them (and bring on McCartan or Carver). By doing nothing, we proved yet again that Coley seems unable to change a game tactically. Other managers are able to do it, just as Martin Allen did today.
Redraine likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 07:29   #22
Senior Member+

Can't agree about Sean Mac today,thought he was neat and tidy and probably played the pass of the match in the second half.
Incidentally,when Barnet broke late in the second half,the defence was all at sea,the ball ended up at a Barnet players feet six yards out,a Accident player took it off his toes as he was about to score,yes it was Sean who had raced 60 yards to help !!,funny nobodies mentioned that,the same as scoring a goal as saving one !!
AccyMad likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 07:38   #23
God Member

Sean always has is critics fans just don't like him didn't have the best of games today but you can,t blame him for their goals I thought our back four struggled with Akinde all game and his persistence paid of with an equaliser, personally I think we miss Winnard at the back he,s experience could be vital on the run in hopefully back soon.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 07:53   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Sean always has is critics fans just don't like him didn't have the best of games today but you can,t blame him for their goals I thought our back four struggled with Akinde all game and his persistence paid of with an equaliser, personally I think we miss Winnard at the back he,s experience could be vital on the run in hopefully back soon.
spot on. we always look better with dean at the back. has limitations but knows them. not frightened to put the ball in row z if we had one. 2 points lost against a side who came to defend and did it well. we did the hard thing and broke them down twice. surely we should have had players to play the game out. getting sick of these results. would love to see us go 0-0 away and win 1-0 at home for the rest of the season. cut the defensive mistakes out starting at Yeovil on Tuesday night.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 08:27   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post

I have said before that substitutions are proving to be Coley's Achilles heel. It seemed to me that when Barnet went down to 10 men, there was a choice to be made. We could either hold on to what we had (and therefore bring on Buxton or Proccy or Wakefield) or really go at them (and bring on McCartan or Carver). By doing nothing, we proved yet again that Coley seems unable to change a game tactically. Other managers are able to do it, just as Martin Allen did today.

What a complete load of rubbish, this season alone Coleman has made changes that have won us games.

Please don't generalise
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 08:27   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To me the loss of 2 pts was certainly not down to S.M. who i thought did ok today, it was down to the reason Revived Red said. simple as.
Old 28-02-2016, 09:07   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Can't agree about Sean Mac today,thought he was neat and tidy and probably played the pass of the match in the second half.
Incidentally,when Barnet broke late in the second half,the defence was all at sea,the ball ended up at a Barnet players feet six yards out,a Accident player took it off his toes as he was about to score,yes it was Sean who had raced 60 yards to help !!,funny nobodies mentioned that,the same as scoring a goal as saving one !!
F19, evenI would never say he doesn't have his moments, but in general his overall quality contribution is way below the average of his team mates. Certainly, if we reach the promised land which we are all rooting for, he will be way below the standard required to hack it in div1, never mind div2.
Old 28-02-2016, 09:36   #28
Senior Member+

I honestly think he's improved so much this season Redraine.
His positional play,decision making and work ethic has really impressed.
Tricky position left side of a three.
If piero played there,I don't think he'd be as effective.
The biggest call yesterday was leaving bucko out and putting Matty there and for 80 minutes it worked a treat.
They have been playing well recently and are a tough nut to crack.
We were patient whilst being solid.
Just mistakes that cost us,and I was gutted for Matty as he was tremendous covering the centre backs,whilst getting forward (should have scored!!).
He was easily the MOM for 80 minutes,pity people will only remember the mistakes !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 09:47   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sorry F19, but we will have to differ on this. I wonder if you have the stats available, but I would like to know how many crosses came in from Piero and Brad, and how many from Sean and Matty? I would prefer a winger who threatens rather than who is "neat and tidy". Just my opinion!!!

Quote:
Agreed, but I would expect any player to do that. Overall, I still think that Piero's contribution far outweigh's Sean's
Old 28-02-2016, 09:50   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
What a complete load of rubbish, this season alone Coleman has made changes that have won us games.

Please don't generalise
Pots and kettles!!!

Please don't generalise, Dav.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..