Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2016, 10:38   #31
God Member

Re: Barnet match thread

Frustrating as it is to drop two points in the dying minutes, Stanley gained two points only last week away at Oxford. Any team would be happy to take four out of six available points from another team, and Barnet are improving.
Next couple of months are going to be nail-biting, exhilarating, and frustrating, sometimes in the same 90 minutes. Just be happy to be there watching it unfold, when you can.
And talking of gates, I wasn't too surprised at the numbers given that the away fans had to come from North London, Rovers were at home, and Burnley were at Bolton (I'm assuming the cold weather doesn't deter any hardy Lancastrians).
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2016, 10:42   #32

Agree with f19 that Sean played well yesterday (he worked his b***s off)an was great in the week against Notts county also, but however he does an will always come in for criticism from a couple of fans especially wen we draw or lose games he is the first person the finger is pointed at, how people can't see are back 4 keep conceding goals an keep making mistakes therefore relying on the front 6 to get us out of trouble almost every game is beyond me! How many clean sheets have we actually kept this season ? An yet we are the highest scorers in the league, people praise Halliday because yes he is great going forward but he is certainly questionable defensively (giving the free kick away for barnets second goal) an also Pearson keeps making big mistakes, if we are to make the play offs or go up automatic we need to stop conceding so many goals, as people have said in other threads we certainly do miss dean winnard.
monkey hanger likes this.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 10:46   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Sorry F19, but we will have to differ on this. I wonder if you have the stats available, but I would like to know how many crosses came in from Piero and Brad, and how many from Sean and Matty? I would prefer a winger who threatens rather than who is "neat and tidy". Just my opinion!!!

Agreed, but I would expect any player to do that. Overall, I still think that Piero's contribution far outweigh's Sean's
It's unfair to judge Sean against piero,different type of players.
Piero put in 10 plus crosses yesterday all were dealt easily with the keeper and centre backs.
Is that poor play?,might as well kick the ball out for a goal kick.
Of course it's not,but with Sean he looks to mix it up,inside/outside/thro ball.
As I said totally different players,piero has a great engine and Sean is a touch player,capable of magic moments (John miles ?,😀,shouldn't have said that !!!)
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 11:05   #34
Senior Member+

What amazes me is not one of you have mentioned the contribution of Rommy Boco on the left wing in the second half. For me, SM gets theball and immediately ventures into a crowded midfield, yes he linked up with Rommy and Matty Pearson well, but Piero and Brad have a better understanding, perhaps Buxton should have started as he has that link play with Sean. I too also wondered why no subs even late on when Barnet got a goal back! Yes 2 points lost, but in the grander scheme of things, we are still 4 points clear of 5th place and still have 2 games in hand on 3rd place with a possibility of catching Oxford and Plymouth (who will also trip up throughout the remainder of the season).

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 11:13   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
It's unfair to judge Sean against piero,different type of players.
Sean is a touch player,capable of magic moments (John miles ?,😀,shouldn't have said that !!!)
No you shouldn't have. I might start to remind you of the 15 goals from midfield that you said he would be good for when we re-signed him. He's going to have to go some to live up to your hype!
football19 likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 11:15   #36
Senior Member+

For me ozzy,it was the right decision to play Matty there,it gave us a extra CB when defending the long throws,and there was a lot.
Big fan of bucko,but defending and covering the CBs is not his strength which was needed yesterday.
It worked for 80mins !,bringing him on when they went down to ten men is a different argument!!!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-02-2016, 11:19   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
No you shouldn't have. I might start to remind you of the 15 goals from midfield that you said he would be good for when we re-signed him. He's going to have to go some to live up to your hype!
Did I say he would score 15 ?,or he had scored 15 previously!!
Not checked there career stats,but who's scored more league goals,Sean or piero?
Old 28-02-2016, 11:36   #38

He's scored 7 redraine to how many has Pierros 3 scored ? As I said earlier they have both been standout players this season in a team that has done really well, yesterday we struggled down to defensive errors.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..