Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2017, 15:54   #16
God Member

Re: Barnet match thread

My God life is good. Thank you mighty STANLEY.
Lord Didsbury likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-10-2017, 15:57   #17
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Done & dusted for today, 4-1 for the Stanley sitting on 2nd, thanks lads & management, good result.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 28-10-2017, 16:20   #18
God Member

Great result, just what was needed. Well done to the whole team, management, and those lucky fans who saw it. More fool the rest of us who didn't.
Also excellent to see four scorers on the pitch.
Any responses to Lord Didder's question about the 'new' midfield?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 16:57   #19
Full Member+

When we play like that we are up there with the best. With the squad we have promotion is within our grasp. I think it is high time the good folk of the area came along and supported the club. But another 3 points and we are second. Happy Days.
chevyfire and monkey hanger like this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 17:08   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
When we play like that we are up there with the best. With the squad we have promotion is within our grasp. I think it is high time the good folk of the area came along and supported the club. But another 3 points and we are second. Happy Days.
They are not 'Good folk'..they are b$#^%$!s for staying away.
AccyMad likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 17:12   #21

We where excellent going forward today. Jackson and kee link up and work so well together. Mcconville delivery of ball and then Jordan Clark (whom I thought was light weight early in the season) is now one of best performers. Good attacking wing play with fast and mainly accurate passing and crossing. The different midfield, brown was very good on ball. Felt at times the cover wasn't great for our defence today for example there goal no challenge till edge of box. To be honest I felt Barnet always had a goal or two in them against are defence (as an 11). The actual defenders I can't really fault. I felt the penalty looked harsh on us but justice seemed done when it was missed. Now we are on form we need to keep picking up the 3 points. The game was indeed a fitting tribute to young jordan moseley.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 17:21   #22
Senior Member+

Just managed to get WI Fi.
Out in the Ribble Valley on the sticks at the wedding do. Great win Stanley. Onwards and upwards. Free beer and wine on tab so I am certainly going to take advantage! ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 17:28   #23
Senior Member+

Anyone take a screenshot of "As it stands" at 3.35? 3.36 would be too late .......
Old 28-10-2017, 17:33   #24

Choirboy - please report back later.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 17:44   #25

According to Coley (the bits I heard when the microphone didn't resemble a pneumatic drill) Brown and Johnson were the dogs bullocks.

Anyone not yet remortgaged their house and put it on a Stanley promotion?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 17:45   #26

Ye Gods!
For one brief minute at 3.35pm, Stanley raced to the top of league 2.
Within minutes, Thorniley conceded a clumsy penalty & nearly spoiled the party.
Chappers, now elevated to super hero status, did enough gymnastics on the line to put-off Campbell-Ryce, who smashed his spot kick against the bar. Phew! What a relief.
However, T'was all in vain, as Notts County had already scored to burst our balloon & keep us off top spot.
What injustice! What tragedy! What calamity!
Stanley now only in 2nd spot in league 2! This is simply not good enough!
Am I serious?????? You are joking, aren't you????
STANLEY UP TO 2ND!
This was a game we've seen so many times before - with one exception!
Today we converted all our chances.
Barnet didn't play badly & actually bossed possession for long periods.
Perhaps the scoreline flattered us, but who cares? Today, we were simply unstoppable.
Well done you lovely boys!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 18:22   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Anyone take a screenshot of "As it stands" at 3.35? 3.36 would be too late .......
Of course! It doesn't want to be pasted on here so I've dropped it into a jpeg file...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Top.jpg (26.3 KB, 19 views)
Chimer and DaveinGermany like this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 21:30   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Ye Gods!
For one brief minute at 3.35pm, Stanley raced to the top of league 2.
Within minutes, Thorniley conceded a clumsy penalty & nearly spoiled the party.
Chappers, now elevated to super hero status, did enough gymnastics on the line to put-off Campbell-Ryce, who smashed his spot kick against the bar. Phew! What a relief.
However, T'was all in vain, as Notts County had already scored to burst our balloon & keep us off top spot.
What injustice! What tragedy! What calamity!
Stanley now only in 2nd spot in league 2! This is simply not good enough!
Am I serious?????? You are joking, aren't you????
STANLEY UP TO 2ND!
This was a game we've seen so many times before - with one exception!
Today we converted all our chances.
Barnet didn't play badly & actually bossed possession for long periods.
Perhaps the scoreline flattered us, but who cares? Today, we were simply unstoppable.
Well done you lovely boys!
Just one tiny criticism of your account Lord S, it wasn't Jordan Thorniley who gave away the 'penalty', it was Scott Brown - saying that it was one of the softest pens I've seen given but in the end justice was done courtesy of the crossbar
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 23:37   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Just one tiny criticism of your account Lord S, it wasn't Jordan Thorniley who gave away the 'penalty', it was Scott Brown - saying that it was one of the softest pens I've seen given but in the end justice was done courtesy of the crossbar
Mea Culpa Accymad. My apologies to Jordan Thorniley.
Agree it was never a penalty, but it seemed to happen in the blink of an eye & even BBC sport got the culprit wrong.
Scotty Brown made amends by going on to have a great game.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 09:12   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Thanks Accymad !.. like last Saturday I thought that Jordan was again the unsung hero in our defence... good hard tackles and almost faultless distribution of the ball, meant that little or no threat appeared from Barnet's right flank. I have noted also that he is now more assertive, accurate,and vociferous in directing those around him !.. Not a bad quality in a defender ?.

Nothing more to add, unless to repeat my appreciation of our management who have put together and maintain a more solid unit than we have seen for a long time !.

ON STANLEY !.. ON TO GREATER THINGS !.

RTF.
chevyfire and monkey hanger like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..