Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2018, 15:23   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Barnet Match Thread

Suspect were missing S.M.s delivery?
Old 17-02-2018, 15:25   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
????
Did we not go 2 behind at Crawley.
Old 17-02-2018, 15:30   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

1-1 Billy Kee Penalty. cmon reds yeh can win this Glad Billy was stood there.lol
AccyMad and Lord Didsbury like this.

Last edited by cashman; 17-02-2018 at 15:37.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 15:58   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Can't grumble oer an away point. that will do.
Old 17-02-2018, 16:00   #35
God Member

Hmmmm...1-1...I kinda of want to curse and be ****ed off but......
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 16:04   #36
God Member

A point's better than nowt & after going behind to a Westley team who notoriously park the juggernaut never mind the bus once they're ahead I'll gratefully take it.
Unbeaten run carries on & the lads have a week's rest now to recharge - KTF!!
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 16:05   #37
Full Member+

Know what you mean Kiwi but I have an awful feeling that it will be like this to the end of the season.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 16:11   #38

A point would have been ok had either Wycombe or Mansfield not won...but no disaster . Exeter and Lincoln fading from the promotion battle. Looking like four teams for two places. Or should I say the other three battling for third place.

Hope Billy can now recover after his six yard run up to take the penalty before the next match.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 16:13   #39
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Getting tight at the top
Luton 67pts
Wycombe 62pts
Accrington 62pts
Mansfield 59pts
Notts County 58pts
Swindon 57 pts
Lincoln City 53pts
Exeter 52pts 2games in hand thou
Crawley 51pts
Coventry 50pts
Colchester 50pts
Old 17-02-2018, 17:21   #40
Senior Member+

Had a bad feeling about this game,take a point and move on
KTF
AccyMad likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 17:49   #41

Poor first half compensated by a much better second. Sousa made a difference as with him we posed a threat down both flanks, which stretched their back line. But the improvement wasn’t just tactical, it was also about attitude and mentality, which just wasn’t there first half. Stanley pen given when the ref spotted a foul in the air on Jimmy Dunne, a definite pen, but not the sort always given. After that it became end to end, last 20 mins both sides could have won it, Akinde missed a sitter when he headed wide with Aaron stranded off his line. Jordan had a solid game down the right, but special mention to Jimmy Dunne, who fought all afternoon with Akinde and will have some bruises to show for it, but he never backed away from a challenge.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 18:05   #42
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Old 17-02-2018, 18:40   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Can’t see us not winning this one.
Vision problems again!
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 18:58   #44
God Member

The first 45 minutes were the worst advert for L2 football I've seen in some time. No wonder Barnet's gates are not much better than Stanley's. If I wanted to watch that every week I'd get a season ticket for rugby union. Exactly the attitude some of us have come to expect from a Westley squad. Pushing, barging, play acting come before trying to play football. Their groundsman must despair; all week cutting the grass and then the ball barely touches it.
Stanley improved in the second half but not as much as did the ref. He was close to losing control and, had he actually allowed for all the stoppages resulting from argy-bargy, we'd still be at the ground.
It really only became a football game after Stanley equalised and, tbh, Barnet had the better chances to win it. Thank heavens their shooting is as woeful as their league position suggests it must be most of the time.
Great little cameo from de Sousa who breifly helped re-energise Stanley's attacking threat. Weird decision to sub him. Bringing Brown on was the right move, but maybe he should have been on earlier as I thought the captain was struggling.
Barnet's primary tactic of sending howitzers over the heads of Stanley's central defenders was, I suspect, intended to exploit (a) the low sun, (b) a very bouncy pitch, and, more worryingly, (c) the relative slowness of Hughes to turn.
Despite Barnet's rightful position in the league, I somehow cannot imagine any away fans ever singing "can we play you every week".
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 20:12   #45

https://www.flickr.com/photos/779336...etaken-public/

Billy Kee's pen crosses the line
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..