Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2015, 18:02   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Barnet Thread

What impression did yeh get of the new lad when he came on?
Old 10-10-2015, 18:23   #32
Senior Member+

He went up front replacing windass,but went wide when piero came off,he's an experienced lad and looked good. A following of 154,soon be more away than at home ������
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 18:23   #33
Resting in Peace

Nice compliments on Barnet's forum-
OnlyBarnet.com - Barnet FC Fans Forum ? View topic - Accy Stanley (Hive) The Semi-Skimmed Match Thread
choirboy likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 18:47   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

fair play to barnets fans.
Old 10-10-2015, 19:04   #35
God Member

Barnet have a great new ground and lots of potential but I was surprised how poor was some of their football. On the tube I asked a fan how many of their team were in the Conference topping side, and was staggered to be told almost all of them! Something must have changed and, from the comments on their web site, it seems to be the manager's instructions.

In answer to Cashy's question, Mr.Mohamed wasn't really on long enough to tell what kind of impact he will have, but he looked quick and looking to get into the game. I think he'll offer a good option for quick counter attacking down the wing particularly if, as it appeared from the warm up, he can use both feet.

Next game away at Plymouth will be a different test than today, that's for sure, but Stanley have no reason to fear any team in this League.
yonmon and Chrisr like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 20:02   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I like the bit by Barnet fan 'Itsmeerc' about Stanley......
"3. Accrington were excellent. They showed us what a 'small team' can do. They kept the ball very well, much less hoofing than us, and were organised at the back. They had a couple of really good midfielders; the number 8, despite falling over about 12 times, and the number 14 were both excellent on the ball and looked dangerous all game." Who is he talking about I wonder????

The Bees fans are feeling disappointed, a bit like we did early on last season. To their credit though, they were quite complimentary about the Stanley and our style of football. I noted too from the BBC stats how few fouls we committed in the match!

Overall a good performance which shows the kind of ruthlesness that we have lacked in the past. Last season we could have easily lost a point or even all three when we needed to defend in those last 10 + 5 minutes!

Well pleased with the return to getting points after the loss to Oxford last week. Should renew our boys confidence too!
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 20:51   #37

Stats can show anything. For example a few of our shots off target were kick outs from our keeper and the offside goal was offside long before he put it in. However we did look better than them and certainly deserved the points.

Another good away day and a lot more Accy fans than I expected. Hopefully we can keep it going
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:20   #38
Senior Member+

Made up for Sean, Hopefully he will kick on now!

Barnet 1-2 Accrington | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
Old 11-10-2015, 07:59   #39
Senior Member+

I agree with all that's been said about the game yesterday. But reluctantly I do have to add a slight worry. It's about Jason Mooney who seems to have a reluctance to come off his line to collect through balls. There were too many examples yesterday where defenders were clearly (and rightly) expecting him to come to collect the ball and they were forced to hoof the ball away for a throw-in in order to prevent an attacker nipping in. Time for the goalkeeping coach to earn his keep, methinks.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:03   #40
Senior Member+

Got to agree RR but I think he got bored with nothing to do and wanted to spice things up
He just has to brush up on his decision making,when to come etc.. And maybe his starting position at times is too deep,but I have no doubts at all he will become a top keeper
Old 11-10-2015, 11:21   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have to say, though hes done quite ok, i have always preferred our other keeper, going off what little ive seen.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:21   #42
Senior Member+

Difficult one that Cashy,both have strengths and weaknesses,as long as they keep pushing each other to greater heights the team will benefit.
Think Mooneys presence gives him the edge at the moment,both still young and learning the game,happy days
Old 11-10-2015, 12:22   #43

I reckon Jason is work in progress and has done very well in a short space of time
I am with F19 on this, he could become a topl flight keeper , still learning but very encouraging
football19 likes this.
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:24   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Made up for Sean, Hopefully he will kick on now!

Barnet 1-2 Accrington | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
As an alternative with commentary, Channel 5's Football League Tonight is repeated on Channel 5+24 (Freeview Channel 55) tonight (Sunday) at 9.00 and has JC on as a guest, receiving his Manager of the Month award and sounding as optimistic about things Stanley as any Scouser can about anything . Worth a watch, noting that the show doesn't seem to be available on Channel 5's i-player equivalent.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:36   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Got to agree RR but I think he got bored with nothing to do and wanted to spice things up
He just has to brush up on his decision making,when to come etc.. And maybe his starting position at times is too deep,but I have no doubts at all he will become a top keeper
Agreed. I did notice that Dean had a quiet word () with him on a couple of occasions!
football19 likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..