Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2015, 13:13   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Barnet Thread

Just realised nobodies mentioned Bucko who was excellent yesterday,and going forward was different class and marauding forward at every opportunity,exciting but not for the faint hearted when 2-1 up with 5 minutes to go,but great to watch !!!
Chrisr likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-10-2015, 13:37   #47
Senior Member+

Nice watching JC on Channel 5's football show. I will be happy if they leave us alone to quietly carry on up the league!
monkey hanger likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 14:11   #48
God Member

Bucko was his usual excellent self and gave Barnet a few lessons in how to attack. I think the back four (or six if you include the two other CBs not playing yesterday) really compliment each other. It's not only Bucko's skill and drive that allows him to go marauding into enemy territory but also the fact that his fellow defenders are pretty solid behind him when he does.

For me, one of the best moments yesterday was very late on, as Barnet were lobbing howitzers into Stanley's goalmouth. Their sub, McLeod, who had come on and was bustling about trying to make a nuisance of himself, went to barge into Mr. Mooney as he plucked another high cross out of the air. Admittedly not one of the biggest players, but McLeod literally bounced off Mooney and onto his backside. The big lad just nonchalantly looked around as if he felt a fly landing on him.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 18:07   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Made up for Sean, Hopefully he will kick on now!

Barnet 1-2 Accrington | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
HD version and for the antipodeans:

The crowd look happy!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 18:15   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well having watched Plymouth beat Notts County 2-0 this aft, i would say if we play to our potential, we will do them as well next sat.
Lemur and Lemur like this.
Old 11-10-2015, 18:33   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Just realised nobodies mentioned Bucko who was excellent yesterday,and going forward was different class and marauding forward at every opportunity,exciting but not for the faint hearted when 2-1 up with 5 minutes to go,but great to watch !!!
For me, Bucko was Man of the Match. I've just watched the highlights again. The build up for the 2nd goal was fantastic. It typified Stanley's play this season.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:51   #52
God Member

having read about barnet bombarding us with long throws we would have let a few in in the past but this side is made of different stuff. 3 more points to make up for the oxford game. as for the goalie issue remember we could have simpson and macey on loan thank god for what we have.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:54   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Nice watching JC on Channel 5's football show. I will be happy if they leave us alone to quietly carry on up the league!
all publicity helps. might put a few armchair fans up to the crown.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 06:49   #54
Senior Member+

What was the Hive like?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 10:33   #55
Senior Member+

One word Davo, "excellent",nicely laid out ground,good facilities and surrounded with numerous academy and all weather pitches.
For me it had a real community feel about it and the local tube was a short walk away.
Bit jealous really 😃
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 11:06   #56
Senior Member+

Agree with football19. A great bar specially for away fans. But .... wait for it ...... no pies!!! I saw a cabinet for Pukka pies - but it was empty. Plenty of foot-long hot dogs although, to be honest, I didn't measure them. Fantastic facilities though. Stewarding was a bit fussy and ott.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 15:53   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Agree with football19. A great bar specially for away fans. But .... wait for it ...... no pies!!! I saw a cabinet for Pukka pies - but it was empty. Plenty of foot-long hot dogs although, to be honest, I didn't measure them. Fantastic facilities though. Stewarding was a bit fussy and ott.
NO Pies ??????
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 15:59   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
NO Pies ??????
Bit of a blessing considering Pukka are crap.!!
Old 13-10-2015, 18:32   #59
God Member

I always thought the Council owned Underhill but, apparently, it was the owner of the club who sold it for £30m for housing development and moved Barnet FC to The Hive. As F19 and RR have said, the new facilities are impressive. Nothing too over the top but more than enough for Leagues 1&2, with plenty of scope for expansion. No near neighbours to moan about balls through the conservatory windows, lots of room around the stadium, and excellent tube link on the Jubilee line.
Away fans have their own snack outlet and indoor bar, with TV, and decent bogs. Despite all that, it obviously ruined one guy's day (possibly his entire year, the way he was carrying on over it) because there were no onions with his burger!
Clearly, the rancour from the "who ate all the pies" thread is starting to spread beyond the Accyweb.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..