Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2018, 21:43   #16

Re: Barnsley and Sunderland Home Ticket up date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I must admit, I was under the impression that Stanley supporters would get 2 blocks in the Eric Whalley stand, however, I was informed by a rather nice lady in the office that they were all being given to Sunderland supporters. No problems except that, there will be disabled Sunderland fans in block A of the main stand mixing with Stanley supporters. I could say, I'm alright Jack as i have my tickets for the match, just seems a bit more than half the stadium will be Sunderland supporters for what could conceivably be the biggest game for Stanley since reforming.
Don't worry, the Clayton End will still out shout them!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-11-2018, 22:14   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Failed miserably to get a ticket for Sunderland ...... so the boxing it is for Kell Brook fight instead !!
Still standing tickets left, or at least there were when I went into the office to get one for my grandson tonight. Come and stand on the Clayton End for a change!
Old 07-11-2018, 09:51   #18
God Member

we have got our tickets and now thinking how early to get to the ground to park as it seems to be getting harder and harder every week. thinking about getting there at some silly late morning time and walk into town for something to eat and kill the time.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:30   #19
Super Moderator

We are working on parking plans for both Barnsley and Sunderland;

However when we've provided "solutions" in the past, Burnley game + others there has been a very poor take up
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 17:41   #20
Senior Member+

Kitch,
I'm not a season ticket holder. I'm not a member. I live 70 miles away. I couldn't get one over the phone. I didn't leave it late. Will that do ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 19:29   #21

Quote:
Kitch,
I'm not a season ticket holder. I'm not a member. I live 70 miles away. I couldn't get one over the phone. I didn't leave it late. Will that do ?
Twenty Eight. Live and learn........... sounds like the solutions in your own hands. Failing that, Ask one of the regular posters on Accyweb to help?
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 19:31   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
We are working on parking plans for both Barnsley and Sunderland;

However when we've provided "solutions" in the past, Burnley game + others there has been a very poor take up
Mr T, maybe the "solutions" weren't any good. If they were they would have been taken up?
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:23   #23
Super Moderator

So any suggestions please??

All we trying local solutions such as Accy Academy and hopefully one more
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:50   #24
Super Moderator

Quote:
Kitch,

I thought you had connections to two Stanley players? Couldn't you get your tickets that way?
KiTChener likes this.
Old 08-11-2018, 16:02   #25
Senior Member+

The players are limited to two each. I wouldn't dream of asking them anyway. Sooner put twenty quid in the club's coffers.
sherry, smobile and Lemur like this.
Old 08-11-2018, 19:03   #26
Super Moderator

Quote:
The players are limited to two each. I wouldn't dream of asking them anyway. Sooner put twenty quid in the club's coffers.
You misunderstand me. I wasn't suggesting for one moment that you ask them for complimentary tickets. Simply that as the club is their place of employment, you could give 'em the dosh, and they could nip into the office and buy you a ticket for any particular match. I don't think Sunderland's quite sold out yet, so there's still a chance to come and stand with us in the Clayton End!
KiTChener likes this.
Old 08-11-2018, 19:25   #27
Senior Member+

Give em the dosh ? Which part of living 70 miles away haven’t you grasped !
Under no circumstances would I ever mess the lads about over getting a ticket. Just not my style.
I suspect I’ll be there .... standing rather than seated.
Old 08-11-2018, 19:37   #28

Quote:
Kitch,
Sorry, 28, my post was meant to be 'tongue in cheek' !! Should learn how to use 'emojis' or whatever they are called!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 19:38   #29
Super Moderator

Well, I'm sure one of them could just nip into the office and get you a ticket and you could give them the brass when you got there. Sorry for trying to make a helpful suggestion.
AccyMad and KiTChener like this.
Old 08-11-2018, 20:42   #30
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Well, I'm sure one of them could just nip into the office and get you a ticket and you could give them the brass when you got there. Sorry for trying to make a helpful suggestion.
This is true - however it is hard to get tickets from Stanley sometimes. The season ticket fiasco with DB too busy to sell them in the run up to the deadline was silly, and opening times of 10-4pm don't suit most people.

The FA Cup tickets are only available 10-4pm too according to the OS - nothing about on the day though. They should have sold them after the Pompey game if they wanted a big crowd.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..