Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2018, 06:30   #31
God Member

Re: Barnsley and Sunderland Home Ticket up date

V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
This is true - however it is hard to get tickets from Stanley sometimes. The season ticket fiasco with DB too busy to sell them in the run up to the deadline was silly, and opening times of 10-4pm don't suit most people.

The FA Cup tickets are only available 10-4pm too according to the OS - nothing about on the day though. They should have sold them after the Pompey game if they wanted a big crowd.
Quite agree about opening times should have a couple of evening slots buying over the phone is no good nobody ever answers won't be a big crowd Saturday so will be buying mine on the day even though I'm a season ticket holder service could be improved not a moan more a suggestion.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-11-2018, 07:35   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post

The FA Cup tickets are only available 10-4pm too according to the OS - nothing about on the day though. They should have sold them after the Pompey game if they wanted a big crowd.
its obviously not going to be anywhere near a sell out on saturday and anything above 2500 would be a really excellent gate, if you are not bothered about not sitting in your regular seat then whats the big problem on paying on the day. get their early to avoid any queues and find a possible parking place for the barnsley/sunderland games whilst you are at it.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:35   #33
Full Member+

Bit early to park your car for the Barnsley/Sunderland games
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:27   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Bit early to park your car for the Barnsley/Sunderland games
not if you are from the travelling community. plenty of tarmac can be used in a few weeks.
smudgie and Lord Didsbury like this.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:42   #35
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
not if you are from the travelling community. plenty of tarmac can be used in a few weeks.
No need for them to park round her they only live on whinney hill
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:48   #36

i dread to think what’s its going to be like when we play Juve in the European Cup in a few years time.
We will probably be causing meltdown at Ticketmaster like the Spice Girls did this morning and then sobbing our hearts out on social media.

I reckon if you are desperate enough you could blag your way into the Wham or even climb over the fence into the fanzone. Come on Twnty Eight. Don’t give up.
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:32   #37
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
its obviously not going to be anywhere near a sell out on saturday and anything above 2500 would be a really excellent gate, if you are not bothered about not sitting in your regular seat then whats the big problem on paying on the day. get their early to avoid any queues and find a possible parking place for the barnsley/sunderland games whilst you are at it.

1,267 - pretty poor and not helped by the clubs promotion of/ and ticket availability. According to the OS they were only on sale until 4pm on Friday, but the site promotes the Marquee and the band that didn't happen as no one turned up.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:52   #38
God Member

It was a disappointing gate but didn't expect many to make the trip from Colchester, as for tickets - I bought mine when I got to the ground around 2 o'clock & there was a band playing in the marquee then. There was also a band in the clubhouse after the game, it was quite busy too (think winner's hour helps with that )
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:27   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The lowest gate of the day, given our performance this season i thought it was DISGRACEFUL, ok not many from Colchester but still only just oer 1000 from us is terrible. when yeh take into account we sold just oer 1000 season tickets.
Old 11-11-2018, 15:01   #40
God Member

Many season ticket holders do not do cup games..... No idea why that is??

Cannot complain about the price really - I don't think....

1,166 (219 Guiseley)

1,717 (482 Luton)

Last 2 F.A. Cup games I can find at home, neither were big gates....

Not sure why??

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 15:08   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Many season ticket holders do not do cup games..... No idea why that is??

Cannot complain about the price really - I don't think....

1,166 (219 Guiseley)

1,717 (482 Luton)

Last 2 F.A. Cup games I can find at home, neither were big gates....

Not sure why??

Beats the crap outa me Joe, The F.A.Cup for me is the greatest Cup comp there is. and its not as we have been playing badly.
Old 11-11-2018, 15:37   #42
Super Moderator

Not the most appealing draw, plus the match day walk up's have chosen to use their hard earned cash to buy Sunderland and Barnsley tickets.

There are also good number of season tickets who don't come to every league games.

One famous guy has been that busy he's yet to visit the Wham this year!!
At least he's bought his ST to assist the club.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 20:50   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Whilst i accept that, surely its a minority of Season ticketers that dont come to cup matches?i always buy a S.T. and i always miss one or two games due to being away,
Old 12-11-2018, 12:58   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The lowest gate of the day, given our performance this season i thought it was DISGRACEFUL, ok not many from Colchester but still only just oer 1000 from us is terrible. when yeh take into account we sold just oer 1000 season tickets.
agree cashy. i used to come to all cup games before i got my season ticket. decided not to participate in the chechatrade due to its format. as for the fa cup i do not think its got the glamour that it used to have. rounds 1 and 2 should be regionalised as i,m sure their would have been a better gate if we had played a northern club.
Old 13-11-2018, 23:25   #45

A up Accy fans Barnsley fan here, firstly want to say well done on your start to life in league 1, outstanding, secondly have you anything planned for sat to remember the little lad Charlie who lost his fight to that vile disease, I am sure we will join you in any way we can, this is a fixture which the majority of our fans have been looking forward too, also with the connection of the Accy pals and Barnsley pals, may the best team win, btw as the away end behind the goal been rebuilt or a roof put up ? TIA
Pompeytyke is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..