Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2021, 08:02   #16
God Member

Re: Barrow papa John's trophy at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Not everyone can though Cashy

Just letting people know mate

well i,m thankful for it anyway. think i got too used to ifollow last season but at least stanley got something out of me which in normal circumstances they,d have got nothing in this competition.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-09-2021, 08:15   #17
God Member

Re: Barrow Papa Don't Preach Trophy at home.

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1257249]Looks like the second 45+ was a little better my dear friend

i have seen better but also far worse.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:16   #18
God Member

We’ve all seen some bad ones but (courtesy of the video on t’Fishy) I haven’t seen many worse penalty decisions than that one.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:21   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Considering they’d never really played together I thought Stanley’s young team didn’t do too bad. A draw was a fair result over 90 minutes. Hope Amankwah was just rested as he looked a decent prospect.
And finally, Stanley fans got to see Zanzala score!
Bit harsh, Ozzy might've only scored 10 for us in 2 seasons but it's looking like more than Mumbongo is gonna manage (hope I'm wrong but just can't see it)
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:24   #20
God Member

I fear you might be right, Accymad. Wasn’t much impressed with Joel although Barrow’s defenders were all over him.

Btw, does anyone know what the 50/50 winning number was last night?
yonmon likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:25   #21
God Member

Post match interview 7+ minutes long about referees and Stanley we have all heard before nothing will change with moaning and the mysterious " fan " in block C in the main Stand not me by the way I sit in F what's that all about?
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:14   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

to be honest it was not a great game but clark, and awakinfenda or what ever hes called look decent players to me of the new lads.
yonmon likes this.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:17   #23
Senior Member+

Re: Barrow Papa Don't Preach Trophy at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Looks like the second 45+ was a little better my dear friend

Joe !.. Of course I watched the entire game and cheered the Reds on as usual!..and was pleased with the result!.
I hope that my Absolut Vodka fuelled / tongue in cheek load of nonsense posted earlier didn't suggest any diminishing of my avid support for our Club whatsoever, and promise to restrain myself from any flights of fancy in the future.
ON STANLEY !.. ON TO GREATER THINGS !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:39   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
to be honest it was not a great game but clark, and awakinfenda or what ever hes called look decent players to me of the new lads.
Agree Cashy Awakwanh looked classy looking for a pass not just " get it up field " game that was starting to creep in, I know it was against lesser opposition no offense Barrow but hopefully he'll get a chance in the league. Clark as well looks a decent prospect set pieces delivery looking good and wasn't afraid of possession and could tackle as well. The competition in defence and midfield is quite a battle now upfront we have yet to see Jovan Malcolm but with Colby staying and a lot of scouts now going to be closely watching if he performs well before the next window that's good for us and for Colby who will then earn probably a move that is good for both player and club.
cashman and yonmon like this.

Last edited by andyd; 01-09-2021 at 10:44.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:53   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

personally i would start the lad.
yonmon and andyd like this.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:13   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Post match interview 7+ minutes long about referees and Stanley we have all heard before nothing will change with moaning and the mysterious " fan " in block C in the main Stand not me by the way I sit in F what's that all about?
well if it gets boring on saturday as shrewsbury games tend to be those in block C can at least look around and listen to work out who the culpret is. mind you coley may have been repetitious but so are we on certain subjects and found his remarks totally correct.
Old 02-09-2021, 09:31   #27
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Barrow papa John's trophy at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
well if it gets boring on saturday as shrewsbury games tend to be those in block C can at least look around and listen to work out who the culpret is. mind you coley may have been repetitious but so are we on certain subjects and found his remarks totally correct.
Thank goodness we're in Block D M.H !.. or I at least ( who has never had one wrong word to say about our Manager and his tactics as you well know ?) might well have had the finger pointed in my direction !..
( ps.If you take note on Saturday there are one or two just over the barrier in the 'posh' area who have lean and envious looks, so if we see one scribbling furiously ..Well ? )..
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 09:51   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

to be honest i was pleased to see the game most of em i had not seen before and cannot see the point to slagging em off when they have not played a league game. thought there was a couple of promising players out yon. dunno what some expect?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..