Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2013, 18:26   #31

Re: Barrow today--Any details?

to be fair, dawber pulled off some great saves today, belive me it could have been more than two nil
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-07-2013, 18:39   #32
Senior Member+

Agreed with Redraine !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 19:06   #33
Senior Member+

Listened to JBs match view,looks and sounds like we're going long ball and picking up the seconds.Anyone got Paul Mullens number??
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 20:18   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Listened to JBs match view,looks and sounds like we're going long ball and picking up the seconds.Anyone got Paul Mullens number??
OH dear, back to the dark ages then. If that's the case we need more skilful players than Joyce and Murphy picking up the pieces in the middle of the park.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 20:23   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I never got that impression, one i got was how yeh play depends on conditions etc, also get the impression football19 that you aint much of a beats fan,? from other stuff yeh have said.
Old 27-07-2013, 22:46   #36
Senior Member+

Wouldn't say that Cashy,and your right,conditions do influence set-ups,but the games I seen we seem to be adopting these tactics of going long to get in behind/turn there defenders or contest the second ball.Beattie may think this suits the players we have,but its not my cup of tea ---once again,all about opinions,it could prove to be successful,but previous managers got hammered for this style !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 23:36   #37
Full Member+

Quote:
but the games I seen we seem to be adopting these tactics of going long to get in behind/turn there defenders or contest the second ball.Beattie may think this suits the players we have,but its not my cup of tea ---once again,all about opinions,it could prove to be successful,but previous managers got hammered for this style !!!
Previous managers ??? We've had three in fourteen or fifteen seasons!!! You could also say three in just over 18 months !!!

Pre season results don't really mean a lot to me.....the real business starts next Saturday at Newport !!!

If we play a lttle more direct and come back North with three points I won't be grumbling !!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 23:59   #38
God Member

Thoughts on today

We were second best to a team that were physical but workmanlike unlike the Oldham game we struggled to keep possession of the ball and so many passes went astray, we struggled with dead ball situations.

We struggled down the flanks and were far too narrow in midfield and the front two struggled on scraps.

The midfield were bypassed for large parts of the game and failed to dominate.

It was a vey lacklustre performance but the sign of a good team is one that bounces back straight away so we move on to Stalybridge on Tuesday Night with a chance to put it right straight away.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 06:04   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Wouldn't say that Cashy,and your right,conditions do influence set-ups,but the games I seen we seem to be adopting these tactics of going long to get in behind/turn there defenders or contest the second ball.Beattie may think this suits the players we have,but its not my cup of tea ---once again,all about opinions,it could prove to be successful,but previous managers got hammered for this style !!!
Going long aint my cup of tea either,am prepared to accept managers do it to suit opposition or pitch, if it became a regular occurrence, i would certainly not be happy.
football19 likes this.
Old 28-07-2013, 15:32   #40
bdc

It was a very poor performance by most of the players yesterday, first real test of JB's management coming on Tuesday to see if he can get the correct reaction from the players. Barrow completely bossed the midfield and we couldn't cope with their physical play.

Fair play to Barrow they played to their strengths and deserved the win.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 19:04   #41
Senior Member+

Is Joyce really the answer? Or will this be his season to shine?

It will be his 5th season with us and I'm still to be convinced.
He has had the opportunity, been made captain, plays in his preferred role.

Maybe I expected to much of him that he would dominate games, but he simply hasn't done it.
smudgie and cashman like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 20:28   #42
God Member

On his day Luke is a good player & is an integral part of the Stanley engine room the key is finding the player to fit alongside him.
Revived Red and football19 like this.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 02:33   #43
Senior Member+

And thats the problem pendle red, 'on his day'.

He has more off days than on days.
smudgie and cashman like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 18:27   #44
Senior Member+

Agreed with Dav !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..