Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2016, 12:14   #16
God Member

Re: Bastien Hery

I think I may have twigged the problem with M.Hery and why he's not getting a game with Stanley....he can score goals with his LEFT foot!

Revived Red likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-12-2016, 19:48   #17
Senior Member+

Baffled why he wasn't on the bench today - and so was the lad himself.
Can't see him staying beyond the transfer window.
DAV007 likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2016, 20:31   #18
Senior Member+

be a real shame if he never gets the opportunity of a league start in a stanley shirt
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 19:10   #19
Senior Member+

Congratulations on securing a new club. Never got a chance here. New life in Ireland.
Old 21-01-2017, 20:01   #20
God Member

I don't see how anyone could form an opinion on the lad when he only played twice, once in a pre season friendly?
Wish the lad the best & all that but in the game I saw at Halifax he was largely absent tbh - just didn't get involved
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 20:11   #21
Senior Member+

Well an opinion was formed he was worth signing ........
Old 21-01-2017, 20:13   #22
God Member

Absolutely, but no-one except the coaching staff knows what happens in training once the ink is dry on the paper
Old 21-01-2017, 20:19   #23
Senior Member+

The reason was given as over weight and not fit enough.
Old 21-01-2017, 22:46   #24
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Could say that about afew of them
monkey hanger likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 06:20   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Could say that about afew of them
Agree
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 07:42   #26
God Member

Quote:
Never stopped Buxton being picked.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 11:14   #27
Senior Member+

I know. Some players fit - others don't. Would have understood if he got a chance and didn't perform. However to sign a player then have to pay him to go ........ don't get it.
cashman, Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 22-01-2017, 12:36   #28
Full Member+

Quote:
I know. Some players fit - others don't. Would have understood if he got a chance and didn't perform. However to sign a player then have to pay him to go ........ don't get it.
We could say that about several players who have passed through the club. I think it is a fair question to put to Coley or Jimmy. I can't believe the players that we have just let go are worse than any of the current squad. The question of management selection is rearing it's head again. We had a good spirited game yesterday and got a point against a top 6 team. Last season we would have played them off the park and won easily. Whist I enjoyed the game and the new players we can still improve. I don't believe we have got a great deal of time to put a serious run together. wins are needed, Draws are ok. losses like we have suffered are unacceptable. we are better than that. The league table does not lie. we have had a lot of bad luck and we have lost games we shouldn't but we have to keep pushing on or are we happy to be just a league 2 also ran club? If the loan players we have perform as well as we have seen so far and get to play in position regularly then we can turn thing around quickly.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 12:50   #29
God Member

Hang on a minute Chris, 'last season we would have played them off the party & won easily'
Erm, maybe we could have but we didn't, fact is last season it was exactly the same score as yesterday in the home game & they beat us at Brunton Park 2 nil, so don't really get your point
Old 22-01-2017, 21:39   #30
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Hang on a minute Chris, 'last season we would have played them off the party & won easily'
Erm, maybe we could have but we didn't, fact is last season it was exactly the same score as yesterday in the home game & they beat us at Brunton Park 2 nil, so don't really get your point
Yes I accept we had the same score last season but we did play them off the park, Did we not have a goal disallowed?? I may be wrong but I remember watching the game and we were by far the better team, I vaguely remember coming second at the away leg. But that must have been jet lag. However I take your point that the reality was a draw at home and a loss away. Yesterday we shold have took Billy off at half time and give the Hull striker a run out as we needed the fresh legs. We may have pinched the game but it is now gone. I sometimes think many of our fans seem to take any suggestion as a damning criticism. we as fans should be able to offer opinions on the game we saw live. Without the use of a football statistic book. we are where we are now, This is the situation we need to resolve. my quote about us playing them of off the park which I believe was true as we were superior in every department. what would the score have been if the same teams had played yesterday? It is not relevant really but the signs are looking good already. But don't just look at the game in a narrow view. If you could analyse evry player yesterday there was a lot of things we could do better, That is no slurr on the effort the team put in. we need to play a little smarter.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..