Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 14:20   #31

Re: Bavs!

bertrand bossu and david james are they not the same person
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-12-2012, 11:43   #32
Junior Member+

David James is at Bournemouth now isn't he?
And for the 7 day rule, I think as its an emergency loan you can keep renewing every 7 days for the duration of December.
He is well out in the cold at Leeds though, his last appearance was over a year ago and he had such a 'mare that he got subbed at half time for a 17 year old when they were 3-0 down at home, so he's arguably their 4th choice, and I don't think the fans there would want to see him back in so fingers crossed it works to our advantage!
Was speaking to one of his old managers about him after that game, and he was saying he is very much a confidence keeper, loads of ability but if he starts off badly in a season/club etc etc then he finds it hard to bounce back, so the excellent start with us is certainly a good sign if we can keep hold of him!
lancsmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 23:12   #33
Senior Member+

From the BBC Sports website;

Accrington Stanley goalkeeper Ian Dunbavin will have shoulder surgery on Thursday, which is expected to keep him out for the rest of the season.

Dunbavin, 32, has been an ever-present in League Two this season.

"It's a blow because he's been fantastic this year. I think he's been having the best year of his career," said manager Leam Richardson.

Good luck for the surgery Ian .............. and hope you're back sooner than we're led to think! You've been fantastic all season, and this is cruel beyond measure .............

Keep the Faith!
Revived Red likes this.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 23:36   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
From the BBC Sports website;

Accrington Stanley goalkeeper Ian Dunbavin will have shoulder surgery on Thursday, which is expected to keep him out for the rest of the season.

Dunbavin, 32, has been an ever-present in League Two this season.

"It's a blow because he's been fantastic this year. I think he's been having the best year of his career," said manager Leam Richardson.

Good luck for the surgery Ian .............. and hope you're back sooner than we're led to think! You've been fantastic all season, and this is cruel beyond measure .............

Keep the Faith!
Totally share your thoughts D3N..and add my best wishes to those you are sending.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:17   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Seems Bavs is having his op today, whilst i aint his No1 fan, can only wish the guy well n early recovery,
Old 06-12-2012, 12:10   #36
God Member

All the best to Mr. Dunbavin; hope the surgeon's hands are as steady as his patient's.

Meanwhile, Mr. Rachubka is with Stanley for another week at least.
Rachubka extends Stanley stay - TEAMtalk | Football | League 2 | Accrington Stanley News
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 13:20   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
All the best to Mr. Dunbavin; hope the surgeon's hands are as steady as his patient's.

Meanwhile, Mr. Rachubka is with Stanley for another week at least.
Rachubka extends Stanley stay - TEAMtalk | Football | League 2 | Accrington Stanley News
Yep available fer the replay great stuff.
Old 06-12-2012, 15:31   #38
Senior Member+

He's been on Twitter in the last hour saying he's okay but expecting to stay in hospital over night. Surgeon found more damage than he was expecting, but really pleased with how the repairs went.

We can only hope he has a good recovery and comes back fitter and stronger.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 17:56   #39
Senior Member+

Good luck Bavs, sounds a nasty one.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 18:08   #40

Good luck Ian Hope all goes well for you
hasyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:34   #41
Senior Member+

Hope the op went well Ian. Concentrate on getting fit for next season. Steady does it for your recovery. Of course you will be missed as you have been at your very best this season. Best wishes.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 16:30   #42
God Member

I dont see what the problem is, can he not play with just one arm? I've been told that some games he has kept us in it single-handedly ...
MikeA and Chimer like this.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..