Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2008, 12:49   #1

big defender

i posted a thread a few days ago saying we need a big guy at the back like most teams have in this league , you all laughed and mocked me but what is that i read in the telegraph today ! jimmy bell saying " what we're missing is a big centre half . every team in the league seems to have one and we really need one ." i rest my case .
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2008, 13:21   #2
Junior Member+

Re: big defender

i agree with you (and all your other posts) i think it is very unfair of other people on this forum to keep having a go at you, and now i see the moderators have started locking threads witch you have started, or have had your say about, please keep posting as you are one of the few people that talk any sense on here.
Preacher Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 13:35   #3
God Member

no the reason his threads have been locked is that he keeps starting similar threads..also as he has stated in his first post, that he posted about this not long ago, so why didn't he just add the above comment to that thread rather than starting another???????

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 13:39   #4

We lost two goals to attackers running through the middle too fast for our center halves (Again) and one from a corner where the man on the post left his station again (That's the umpteenth time this season). When will they learn? Stay there till the ball has been cleared.
Old 19-02-2008, 15:10   #5

firstly i am intitled to my say as much as any1 , this forum is like whalley pubs , very clickie . secondly i have followed this club since i was 10 years old (30 years ago ) . i take both my sons to games when iam not working but since i work in care i often take clients to stanley matches . when my first son was born i wanted to call him stanley but his mother wouldnt let me stating she would not want to be heard shouting for our stanley to come in for his tea . i only just started coming on here because now my son has got a 360 i can get on the pc . i was 1 of the few people in blackburn that didnt go and watch rovers when jack walker came in . 1 of my biggest thrills was having my son as a mascot 10 years ago my second was watching stanley get into the league and my third was trying the crossbar challenge twice around new years day end. i love the club even though i do not come from or live in accy . do i still need to buy a follow stanley sticker for my new car ? yes i do . i remember going to catch the bus at intack blackburn to go to the stanley gateshead match wearing my stanley top ( hollands pie ) and having people laugh at me , did i give a hoot ? no . did i still go when rovers where top of the prem and stanley where still wondering how to get the seats from lancashire cricket club ? yes i did and will still go even if i come home in a foul mood .
Old 19-02-2008, 15:19   #6

Depeche mode you keep posting what you feel, You have a right to post what ever you want on this forum! The problem with this site is if you say something that upsets the ever decreasing Coleman bandwagon then they will try to censure your comments fair enough if you upset someone like I did then expect a rollocking and threats but there a too many people on this site who start the most pathetic/childish threads who are they to call you and try to stop them. Coleman lovers better wake up and realise not everbody loves the manager especially someone who has a go at the fans all the time.
And one final thing LOWEIY change the record we all know you are in love with coleman your diatribe that you write in the telegraph makes people want to puke, We have dwindling attendances we are in free fall down the league table its no wonder people want to have a go at the manager you get it at every failing club in the country.
Whilst we did play quite well against Lincoln our strikers looked like they couldn't score in amsterdam never mind on the pitch. FANS wether they have been coming for years or not have a right to voice their opinions and shouldn't be preached to by dilusional fans still living in the past glories of a Manager who at any other club in the country with his track record over the past two seaons would have had a size 9 up his backside and a P45 to boot. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DEPECHE MODE
Darwenred1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 15:22   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
no the reason his threads have been locked is that he keeps starting similar threads..also as he has stated in his first post, that he posted about this not long ago, so why didn't he just add the above comment to that thread rather than starting another???????

Maybe you need to rewrite it in capital letters HR, seems it's not getting through
Old 19-02-2008, 15:26   #8

cheers darwen red , its seems you have to have a clever quote after your name to not get slagged off on here .
Old 19-02-2008, 15:33   #9
Junior Member+

it appears to me depechmode if you are not in the click on this forum or disagree with any of them, they either close ranks on you or send silly little remarks to each other, keep up the good work
Old 19-02-2008, 15:33   #10

sorry i didnt know i needed harwood reds permission before i start a new thread . anyway if you read on of my old threads which was closed ( wonder why ?) i said we need a big defender , a big kicking guy who clears the ball no hassel and thats what mr bell is saying in the telegraph .
Old 19-02-2008, 15:44   #11

also how come coleman signs webb till end of season then drops the poor ****** after he signs ? also every1 could see lee McEvill was unfit and was a thug in shorts and Branch was not up to being a leftback and might be better in centre of midfield where he could use his build .
Old 19-02-2008, 15:46   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher Man View Post
it appears to me depechmode if you are not in the click on this forum or disagree with any of them, they either close ranks on you or send silly little remarks to each other, keep up the good work
Bad day in church ?
Old 19-02-2008, 15:50   #13
Junior Member+

would not know , been in accrington all day .
Old 19-02-2008, 15:50   #14

another witty reply by lancsdave , shouldnt he be presenting never mind the buzzcocks .
Old 19-02-2008, 15:57   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechemode View Post
another witty reply by lancsdave , shouldnt he be presenting never mind the buzzcocks .
No time mate, I'm at work

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..