Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2016, 19:24   #1
I am Banned

Billy kee

Pre match reports say we had a fully fit squad yet bully was nowhere to be seen again, is there some injury they're not telling us about or is there some other reason
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-10-2016, 19:39   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Billy kee

no idea, we was wondering why he was not playing or at least on the bench.
Old 15-10-2016, 19:48   #3
I am Banned

Wasn't even warming up before the game
Old 15-10-2016, 20:08   #4
God Member

Apparently it was on radio lancs before the game that Billy was being assessed for some sort of head injury - didn't hear it personally, got that info second hand from my mum so don't know any more details
cashman likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 20:11   #5
I am Banned

He wasn't even on the bench last week either was he? Long assessment this
Old 15-10-2016, 20:20   #6
God Member

Billy was on the bench for the Cheltenham game last week
Old 15-10-2016, 20:24   #7
Senior Member+

The reason we signed GTF is because Billy picked a knock up at Cambridge I think.
Old 15-10-2016, 20:41   #8
God Member

Yeah, I think I remember reading that too Baldy - won't do Billy any harm to have a bit of a rest, he gets a battering on a regular basis
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 16-10-2016, 07:49   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
The reason we signed GTF is because Billy picked a knock up at Cambridge I think.
We also signed him because he,s a bloody good player came on yesterday and for the first time in a long while we had a centre forward who bullied and shoved to give their centre half's something to think about, his header just past the post was excellent nobody was going to atop him getting his head to the ball and his play and constant probing allowed Rommy the space he,s game strives on long may it continue have,nt got anywhere near our best form yet and in the playoff picture.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 10:15   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
We also signed him because he,s a bloody good player came on yesterday and for the first time in a long while we had a centre forward who bullied and shoved to give their centre half's something to think about, his header just past the post was excellent nobody was going to atop him getting his head to the ball and his play and constant probing allowed Rommy the space he,s game strives on long may it continue have,nt got anywhere near our best form yet and in the playoff picture.
Totally agree mate, like I said in the other thread just hope it wasn't just because he was playing Blackpool!

Far more effective than Terry was yesterday, A real handful, Plus takes pressure off Billy when fit!
keep the faith likes this.
Old 17-10-2016, 08:20   #11
God Member

Far more effective than Terry was yesterday, A real handful, Plus takes pressure off Billy when fit![/QUOTE]

thats only if they are played together in the side.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 13:05   #12

Terry Gornell isn't good enough, fact. Totally ineffective week after week but he continues to be picked. He's scored 4 goals in 10 games so far this season, 2 of them in the league.
Its bleedin' obvious we need to look at other options.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 14:42   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
Terry Gornell isn't good enough, fact. Totally ineffective week after week but he continues to be picked. He's scored 4 goals in 10 games so far this season, 2 of them in the league.
Its bleedin' obvious we need to look at other options.
Other options like signing GTF or not?

Terry plays a lot better when you play it into his feet to hold it up, On Saturday he won little in the air!

Don't forget McCartan is getting back to full fitness to give us another option!
Old 17-10-2016, 14:52   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I honestly think McArten will score more in half a season,than Terry will in a full un, but shay needs a big lad up wi him just like Billy does.
Old 29-10-2016, 09:48   #15
God Member

any news on billy kee. things seem to have gone quiet on him recently. would love to see a fit billy back sooner than later.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..