Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 7 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By VALAIRIAN
  • 2 Post By monkey hanger

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2018, 13:59   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Bit of good news.

just read Hartlepool have come out of administration, after a fan started fund raising, Well pleased oer that. hate to see clubs go under. The 200K has been paid off, so thats a promising start.
mab, choirboy, smobile and 4 others like this.
Old 09-02-2018, 16:11   #2
God Member

Re: Bit of good news.

Agree Cashy good news, just hope that somebody - as with us - comes along with a few bob.

Then next season, good cup run and Newcastle away

monkey hanger likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:10   #3

On a related topic...

Now you older ones will know all about this, but I was amazed to watch a documentary last night about Third Lanark on iPlayer. I confess I had never even heard of them and their eventual demise in 1967.

They were a big club. Why have I lived 55 years blissfully unaware of them? I think I shall visit their old ground next weekend when I’m up there.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:14   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Tobe honest LordD was a club i had completely forgot about.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:31   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
just read Hartlepool have come out of administration, after a fan started fund raising, Well pleased oer that. hate to see clubs go under. The 200K has been paid off, so thats a promising start.
never actually gone into admin. yet. the money was paid just to keep the club going and will rear its ugly head next time wages are to be paid. think the tax bill has been paid but the soap opera has a long way to go before a good outcome for pools is arrived. the club needs a good owner quickly as i think the administration word is coming up next month. trying to follow whats going on but all the business speak is a bit beyond me i,m afraid.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:35   #6
God Member

Now you older ones will know all about this, but I was amazed to watch a documentary last night about Third Lanark on iPlayer. I confess I had never even heard of them and their eventual demise in 1967.

i know things are better at stanley nowadays but have not always been. have i done something really bad in my life as being a stanley fan, ex fan of hartlepool and as a kid third lanark were my favourite scottish club. think i,ll nip over to blackburn to put my curse on them.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:36   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
never actually gone into admin. yet. the money was paid just to keep the club going and will rear its ugly head next time wages are to be paid. think the tax bill has been paid but the soap opera has a long way to go before a good outcome for pools is arrived. the club needs a good owner quickly as i think the administration word is coming up next month. trying to follow whats going on but all the business speak is a bit beyond me i,m afraid.
If thats correct its another example of crap in the press, report i read said they had come out of admin.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:23   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If thats correct its another example of crap in the press, report i read said they had come out of admin.
sure i,m right on this one cashy. admin kicks in some date maybe 11 of march. if things are not sorted out by then. the whole thing is getting complicated for people like me with no accountancy or business background. even fans are falling out on wether to contribute to keeping the club going. lies, more lies and half truths are all over the place. popping up in a couple of weeks time so i might have more info as my cousin is as confused as i am.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..