Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree1498Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2021, 07:33   #1621
God Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Could be an interesting summer break for football will we finally see some long needed regulatory bodies brought in yesterday United,s game against Liverpool called off due to " protests " and yet again Sheffield Wednesday,s owner accused of failing to pay wages for April, so sad the game has been ruined in a lot of ways by pure greed hopefully a turning point for the better could be around the corner.
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-05-2021, 08:13   #1622
Senior Member+
 
Exile on Spencer St's Avatar
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Could be an interesting summer break for football will we finally see some long needed regulatory bodies brought in....so sad the game has been ruined in a lot of ways by pure greed hopefully a turning point for the better could be around the corner.
Don’t hold your breath, Andyd, especially if you hope a bunch of politicians can sort it out.
And one of the main drivers behind the Premier League was to make it a club of 20, not 92, and to control its regulatory bodies.

Personally, I’d dock the Greedy Six at least 24 points for the start of next season.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:32   #1623
God Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Donít hold your breath, Andyd, especially if you hope a bunch of politicians can sort it out.
And one of the main drivers behind the Premier League was to make it a club of 20, not 92, and to control its regulatory bodies.

Personally, Iíd dock the Greedy Six at least 24 points for the start of next season.
There lies the problem they govern themselves, they won't punish the clubs yesterday for the postponed game, independent regulation is a minimum change to the game that is needed not brought about by government alone but a collective body of everyone involved.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:51   #1624
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Bits & Bobs

Punish MAN UTD thats a joke
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:55   #1625
God Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Could be an interesting summer break for football will we finally see some long needed regulatory bodies brought in yesterday United,s game against Liverpool called off due to " protests " and yet again Sheffield Wednesday,s owner accused of failing to pay wages for April, so sad the game has been ruined in a lot of ways by pure greed hopefully a turning point for the better could be around the corner.
doubt there will be much change really. as you have said the game is ruined by greed and with all the money that is around that will be the driving factor in the end. the only time there will be a big change is if one or more of the big six gets into real financial difficulty which is hard to imagine.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:51   #1626
Senior Member+
 
Exile on Spencer St's Avatar
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Hereís a possible pub quiz question for the future.
Which football team won/lost a Wembley Cup Final in a competition for which they were no longer eligible?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:02   #1627
God Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Hereís a possible pub quiz question for the future.
Which football team won/lost a Wembley Cup Final in a competition for which they were no longer eligible?
could that be harrogate.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:09   #1628
Senior Member+
 
Exile on Spencer St's Avatar
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
could that be harrogate.
Move to the front of the class, MH.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 20:30   #1629
God Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
doubt there will be much change really. as you have said the game is ruined by greed and with all the money that is around that will be the driving factor in the end. the only time there will be a big change is if one or more of the big six gets into real financial difficulty which is hard to imagine.
Hurt them the only way they know in the pocket, cancel sky subscription,s, watch a lower league club local to the " big " six, F A and Premier league stand up to them and stop any notion of breaking up the pryamid there will be change if you stand up to bully tactics.
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:14   #1630
God Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Hurt them the only way they know in the pocket, cancel sky subscription,s, watch a lower league club local to the " big " six, F A and Premier league stand up to them and stop any notion of breaking up the pryamid there will be change if you stand up to bully tactics.
how many but a few will do that. how many of those man.u fans who protested, if they go anyway, will not be back next august to see their new multi million pound signings. they say a week is a long time in politics. 3 months is a lifetime of old testiment years in football.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 07:34   #1631
God Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

How have Oxford United managed to sign a player for an undisclosed fee on a three year contract yesterday was him being there on loan anything to do with it because pretty sure transfer window isn't open yet?
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:20   #1632
God Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
How have Oxford United managed to sign a player for an undisclosed fee on a three year contract yesterday was him being there on loan anything to do with it because pretty sure transfer window isn't open yet?
need help here. when a player is on loan at a club are they officially your player whilst at the club and not the parent clubs one.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:28   #1633
God Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

The player in question is one Marcus Maguane on loan to Oxford from Nottingham Forest where upto yesterday was contracted until August 2022.
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:38   #1634
God Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Been reading the rules not easy but I think you can sign a loan player at anytime Mr. T might throw some light on this.
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 10:10   #1635
Full Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

I noticed Norwich announced they were signing a couple of loanees on permanent contracts. Said it was part of the loan deal if they got promoted.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 20:25.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.28426 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1