Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree1498Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2021, 09:37   #1666
God Member
 
AccyMad's Avatar
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Gigg Lane is up for sale in an attempt to "secure the future of football":

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57069057

and

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-lane-20574317
Does Bury need a new Tesco or Sainsburys??
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-05-2021, 09:55   #1667
God Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

more likely you,ll be able to pick your new house plot and call it the corner flag if you get in early enough.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 10:01   #1668
Super Moderator

 
Mr T's Avatar
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Bury has a big Tesco's but no Sainsbury's!!

Very sure there's some legal hold on Gigg Lane which says it must be kept as a sporting venue; other wise it would have been sold years ago.
MikeA and Exile on Spencer St like this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 10:34   #1669
God Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Bury has a big Tesco's but no Sainsbury's!!

Very sure there's some legal hold on Gigg Lane which says it must be kept as a sporting venue; other wise it would have been sold years ago.
Problem with Gigg Lane is it hasn't been used for over 2 years now they changed the locks keeping the lad who was cutting the grass out apparently falling into disrepair constant break ins people vandalizing and starting fires, unless it's bought to play football on it will unfortunately just be an eyesore and apart from Bury fans can't see many shedding a tear if it's sold and pulled down shame.
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 10:37   #1670
God Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

It was always one of my favourite away days Bury sad but football doesn't always look after its own.
cashman likes this.
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:13   #1671
God Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Problem with Gigg Lane is it hasn't been used for over 2 years now they changed the locks keeping the lad who was cutting the grass out apparently falling into disrepair constant break ins people vandalizing and starting fires, unless it's bought to play football on it will unfortunately just be an eyesore and apart from Bury fans can't see many shedding a tear if it's sold and pulled down shame.
another peel park i wonder.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 12:10   #1672
Senior Member+
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
hope you are right. keep saying it but it is not their fans fault that **** happened at their club. wish another way could be used to punish clubs without points deductions which are either pointless or condem clubs to relegation before a ball is kicked. remember luton a few years back when they were forced into non league. just because some do not like luton their fans love em like fans at all clubs do.
Even though I grew up a SWFC fan I hope so as well mate.
The problem is consistency.
There are so many identical errors made to those by SWFC and they got clouted 12 points down to 6 on appeal.
So if they don't apply the punishment consistently ........
Still reckon a hefty fine ...... then stand by for the litigation threats by Wycombe to escalate.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 09:19   #1673
God Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Even though I grew up a SWFC fan I hope so as well mate.
The problem is consistency.
There are so many identical errors made to those by SWFC and they got clouted 12 points down to 6 on appeal.
So if they don't apply the punishment consistently ........
Still reckon a hefty fine ...... then stand by for the litigation threats by Wycombe to escalate.
a fine or even a transfer embargo where they can only sign free agents always seem fairer options for a supporter of that club than starting a season on a minus points making the season either a dead one or a relagation fight.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 09:38   #1674
God Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Is it true that reports are saying Tony Warner has left Stanley and will be joining Bristol Rovers as goalkeeper coach?
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 09:49   #1675
God Member
 
AccyMad's Avatar
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Is it true that reports are saying Tony Warner has left Stanley and will be joining Bristol Rovers as goalkeeper coach?
Hope not - can't think why he'd want to work under Joey
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 10:14   #1676
Full Member+
 
StanleyJosh's Avatar
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

I'm sure he'll be popular there....

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15019/tony-warner
monkey hanger likes this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 17:28   #1677
Senior Member+
 
MikeA's Avatar
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Is it true that reports are saying Tony Warner has left Stanley and will be joining Bristol Rovers as goalkeeper coach?
There are quite a few links to this on Rovers' NewsNow page:
https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Fo...Bristol+Rovers


One or two of them say that Tony left us after the Portsmouth game.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2021, 21:15   #1678
Senior Member
 
LongLostSon's Avatar
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Don't know if missed this info elsewhere but just seen new season fixtures release date is thursday 24th June
monkey hanger likes this.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2021, 08:10   #1679
Senior Member+
 
choirboy's Avatar
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

I think that Joey Barton’s assault charge comes up in court in the next week or two. Barnsley manager suffered facial damage over a year ago. I read somewhere that Barton .........‘allegedly pushed him’!!!!!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2021, 20:58   #1680
mab
God Member
 
mab's Avatar
 
Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Bits & Bobs

😳 https://the72.co.uk/235713/league-on...with-star-man/ 😊 could be a battle on to keep Dion as t the club! But it'll depend on the price tag I guess 🤔
__________________
ACCRINGTON STANLEY FC We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 20:23.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.22906 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1